• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wonder if Atlus will bother doing a trailer for Akechi, too.
I don't think it's a case of them having to bother to do it, it's how much they want to hide. There hasn't been a Morgana trailer for unknown reasons, and I think they could do the same thing with Akechi.

Also-

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
-snip-
And here it is!
Haru got more screen time! Though...
It seems like Haru's illusion is that her father is alive again and possibly a better man. We will see what happens eventually.
Haru with a beret is going to blow up on Twitter, calling it now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, because I am curious, how many people here have or are planning on getting on Three Houses? I am curious of people's thoughts on the game, as I plan on getting it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, because I am curious, how many people here have or are planning on getting on Three Houses? I am curious of people's thoughts on the game, as I plan on getting it.
I'm on the fence. While I might get into the FE franchise at some point, the way I hear that Fates fumbled on the story has put me on the cautious side, so I'll be waiting for the general consensus.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm on the fence. While I might get into the FE franchise at some point, the way I hear that Fates fumbled on the story has put me on the cautious side, so I'll be waiting for the general consensus.
So far the general consensus has been it's excellent, so I think you should probably look into it soon enough.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
GameStop was actually having a deal where if you traded in stuff you got extra credit towards Three Houses and I've ended up with a stack of extra games through thrift shopping/people getting rid of stuff in general, so I actually picked the game up yesterday for nothing (I know GameStop is god awful, but it's my only retail gaming option in the area besides Wal-Mart and I only trade stuff I pick up on the cheap anyway). I unfortunately don't really have the time to commit to it yet, but I have played the first couple hours and the Persona influence could be felt immediately with a calendar system and a focus on learning all the people of your chosen house and interacting with them. I'm not sure that will hold when the time skip comes into play, but it's definitely a very interesting move for Fire Emblem.

...I'll finish Persona 5 soon, I've just been busy and been playing Monster Hunter World with one of my good friends/trying to finish One Piece with my free time. I'm also glad to have taken a break to let the game digest a little more, I was plowing through it when I first picked it up and felt the need to slow down.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm definitely interested in it, but I might have to wait until it's cheaper.

Not sure about which house I'd pick though. Black Eagle and Blue Lions have great characters but my favorite house leader is Claude.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A Morgana trailer is coming.

While this is on topic, I just want to note the sheer coincidence that Byleth's ever-present companion Sothis is voiced by Cassandra Lee. Seriously, Three Houses had enough Persona 5 comparisons as it is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
While this is on topic, I just want to note the sheer coincidence that Byleth's ever-present companion Sothis is voiced by Cassandra Lee. Seriously, Three Houses had enough Persona 5 comparisons as it is.
inb4 Byleth comes to Smash and Sothis appears in all of their victory and taunt animations.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
inb4 Byleth comes to Smash and Sothis appears in all of their victory and taunt animations.
Considering how she is in the game, I wouldn't even be shocked if that were the case. Either that or she would somehow appear whenever Byleth does time shenanigans. Maybe she would appear on the roster art as well.

D

Deleted member

I am honestly gonna use Joker’s alt a lot for some of my DQ8/Metroid screenshots in Ultimate when the 31st arrives.

Mostly since that alt looks pretty close to me IRL and would be worth for the creative take of the screenshot.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've been doing a New Game+ run to max out all of the confidants and complete the Persona compendium. Definitely a lot more manageable since I can usually clear Palaces in one or two runs and I've maxed out my social stats. Speaking of Palaces, I think I've discovered a new appreciation for the fourth one, although that's probably due to my love of the character and the amazing soundtrack.

D

Deleted member

A Morgana trailer is coming.

"Nyah nyaaaaaaah!" Here it is! Just a warning that there is a pretty big P5 spoiler in the beginning in case you haven't beaten it yet.

I'm playing 3H and I call Sothis "Morgana Mk II" for a reason.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Really hoping the whiners don't get you guys nerfed in the upcoming patch

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thankfully we only got one minor nerf in that any projectile over 50% can't be reflected anymore.
The nerf is pretty much a slap on the wrist really as I can't think of anyone or many situations where this could happen. Hopefully things don't get too bad in the future.

But thank you!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Indeed, congratulations. I'm overall happy with the direction of this patch myself(and honestly the minor down b nerf is rather reasonable considering just how long arsene's counter/reflect stays active[which has admittedly caughten me off gaurd a few times as a samus player when trying to punish it])

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Nah, now that Hero is out, people are gonna start complaining about how OP he is with stuff like healing, sleep spells, a large AoE attack and insta kills.

No disrespect to DQ fans though, as Hero is pretty fun to play.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
This was reffering to before hero came out wherein joker was the current hate bandwagon character of the moment. ofcourse it will move onto hero until people find out he's actually really clunky and punishable.(and then add that to the fact that he's an "anime swordsmen" and you get the character that will launch a thousand johns)

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Yeah, but people are now going to migrate from hating Joker to hating Hero for now, mostly because of all the people playing new characters online. I dunno. It feels like DLC characters come at a cost where they will be picked on for a while even if they aren't that OP.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Yeah that's the plight of new characters in smash in general for some reason unless they're abyssmal.(and even then we had k.rool who was actually awful all along but got complained about until unnecesary nerfs came because he was different and people didn't know how to deal with it initially) I'm just glad the balance team is no longer taking note of that

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
That awkward moment when you spend so much time on the Kasumi thread you forget the Joker thread also exists. Oops.

Well, I think we did pretty well on the last patch. I do find it funny how they nerfed Joker's projectile resistance as Hero releases, full of projectiles. I'm not complaining though - it's really cool to see the Modern JRPG king and Classic JRPG king in the same game.

Also, for any BBTAG fans here, any hopes for EVO announcements?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That awkward moment when you spend so much time on the Kasumi thread you forget the Joker thread also exists. Oops.

Well, I think we did pretty well on the last patch. I do find it funny how they nerfed Joker's projectile resistance as Hero releases, full of projectiles. I'm not complaining though - it's really cool to see the Modern JRPG king and Classic JRPG king in the same game.

I did not intend that to happen, I swear.

It'll be interesting to see how Joker and the Hero match up against each other. Hero is all kinds of unpredictable.

As for BBTAG, more RWBY characters. Please.

amageish

Smash Master
I did not intend that to happen, I swear.

It'll be interesting to see how Joker and the Hero match up against each other. Hero is all kinds of unpredictable.

As for BBTAG, more RWBY characters. Please.
No, that was on me. You miss one notification and suddenly you're weeks behind...

Definitely! Both also have some fun meters that effect power, so you could have some solid "QUICK THE METER IS GONE; ATTACK - NO RETREAT" moments.

Yes, 100% on that front. At least some of the supporting cast. Did you hear about the datamine for BBTAG?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, that was on me. You miss one notification and suddenly you're weeks behind...

Definitely! Both also have some fun meters that effect power, so you could have some solid "QUICK THE METER IS GONE; ATTACK - NO RETREAT" moments.

Yes, 100% on that front. At least some of the supporting cast. Did you hear about the datamine for BBTAG?
I have certainly had moments like that.

Definitely, though I feel Hero is more quick to burn out and reignite than Joker.

I have. I doubt we will get all of those characters, but if just a fraction of the RWBY names said could get in, I would be happy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact: Joker actually got a buff, making it easier for Makarakarn to reflect projectiles that otherwise would fly over his head.

Nothing can stop the Phantom Thiefs. inb4 5.0.0 nerfs him worse than Bayo

D

Deleted member

I haven't played or bought BBTAG, but I am really hoping that Adachi will be playable some time in the future. I'll buy it just to play as him again.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Shame I don't understand a single word being said, because a lot of stuff is happening in this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's very upfront about him joining the team in his Black Mask outfit. Loki seems to act like his Ultimate Persona like Mercurius. I wonder if he's going to get a third Persona.

Not a big fan of Akechi, but a token evil teammate can be interesting, now that there's no badly hidden twist.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Joker has a new echo fighter!
I won't lie... that's kinda adorable. Truly, he is a match for Kasumi.
Trailer in case anyone is curious, btw.
It's very upfront about him joining the team in his Black Mask outfit. Loki seems to act like his Ultimate Persona like Mercurius. I wonder if he's going to get a third Persona.

Not a big fan of Akechi, but a token evil teammate can be interesting, now that there's no badly hidden twist.
Yeah, I was surprised how upfront the trailer was about it. And he will definitly get a third Person that will likely tie into his growth.

The twist being barely hidden was very much intentional(It was pretty much a barely hidden twist to hide the twist that the protags knew of said barely hidden twist), but I understand what you are saying. Surprised he didn't have many appearances in the main trailer itself though.

D

Deleted member

I’m honestly not checking most of these trailers to make my first P5 experience more interesting for me, tbh.

Nothing bad with these from the two I’ve seen, but I prefer to be surprised as much as possible.

Royal does seem like a pretty awesome game so far doh which is awesome.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m honestly not checking most of these trailers to make my first P5 experience more interesting for me, tbh.

Nothing bad with these from the two I’ve seen, but I prefer to be surprised as much as possible.

Royal does seem like a pretty awesome game so far doh which is awesome.
Good call. They are pretty interesting if you already finished the game but holy ****.

Spoilers. Too many spoilers.

ATLUS is either all or nothing when it comes to them.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So...
Since Akechi's confidant seems to be detached from the story now, I wonder if that will effect in-story events. That's definitely a major change.

Top Bottom