• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I understand, but it's like having Quote (Cave Story) as a playable character, and having Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins) as an assist trophy, despite Arthur being more iconic than Quote. When in my opinion, it should be vice-versa.

My power level readings are all tied up. The reason why Bomberman, Ryu, Cloud, Simon, Ryu Hayabusa, Kyo (King of Fighters), Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins), and Hero all merit to be playable, is because they have significant levels of iconicness. On the other hand, Joker/Ren, Quote (Cave Story), Beck, Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter), and Yuri (Fatal Frame) are are equally iconic. In fact, they don't have the significant level of iconicness to be playable as of now in my opinion, So if Joker/Ren is just as iconic as all of those characters, why are Shovel Knight, Akira (Virtura Fighter), and Yuri (Fatal Frame) assist trophies (since they deserve to be), but have Joker/Ren as a playable character, despite being less iconic.

Well, on the bright side, we can still have both Bomberman and Joker/Ren be playable characters. I would be even happier if Yu-_____ (Yu-Gi-Oh) became an assist trophy if Bomerman became playable in Smash 6.
OK buddy, let me just say this:
If you are mad that Joker is in Smash Bros., fine. But know that it's not his fault that he became a playable character and Bomberman did not. Bomberman being an Assist Trophy and the entire playable roster were both decided on long ago before Joker was even decided to be playable. Both of these decisions happened to develop and complete the base game first and then decide on DLC later. It happened with Smash 4 too.
Joker being playable and Bomberman being an Assist Trophy have no correlation between each other.
And if you think Joker isn't iconic, then count the amount of games he has been beyond Persona 5. He's everywhere now and he is a gaming icon now and forever. He has earned his spot on the roster.

Well in my opinion, I think assist trophies are reserved for uniconic, undericonic, unwanted, or rejected playable characters. And well, some rejections can be justified, like not having enough time to make him/her a playable character or not being iconic or popular. While others are just potential no-good excuses.
Adachi Stupified.jpeg

Then by that logic, Bomberman is an uniconic, unwanted, or rejected character.
And be careful saying that statement elsewhere. You are quick to gain enemies from it.

D

Deleted member

I know this is too early to talk about and probably off topic too but after Persona 5 Royal, I can imagine what would be the story for Persona 6. Persona 6 stars the juvenile daughter of the Persona 3 Hero in which she has to fight a priest who happens to have a connection with Ikutsuki from Persona 3 and Strega and his main goal is to reset the universe. I feel that the story would be a "you don't win everyday" story by having the protagonist get killed by the priest.

Last edited by a moderator:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I imagine Persona 6 featuring Sho Minazuki in some capacity since he has history with Persona 3 and 4's characters. Moreover, he was a bit of an outcast, much like P5's crew, so he'll fit right in when they inevitably cross paths in P5Arena (which could serve as a prequel of sorts). I know he was an antagonist turned good in a spin-off game, but the guy has potential to at least be a party member or social link in a future entry; he has a fleshed out backstory yet his journey is just beginning (so it could even be a self-contained story with a few references to previous entries if they want to go that route). Interestingly enough, he rejected the Velvet Room contract, so he could provide information to a future protagonist since he's aware of it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd rather P6 to be independent from previous entries, but at this point I wonder how do you even top P5. It wasn't the best Persona game in terms of writing, but it definitely was the most flashy and over-the-top one. If they just return to party members being regular high-schoolers, it's inevitably going to look less impressive in comparison.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd rather P6 to be independent from previous entries, but at this point I wonder how do you even top P5. It wasn't the best Persona game in terms of writing, but it definitely was the most flashy and over-the-top one. If they just return to party members being regular high-schoolers, it's inevitably going to look less impressive in comparison.
I am sure they will find a way to keep a good amount of flash. It has been widely praised and stinking inspired Smash Bros, there is no way they would give it up. And hey, it's not like all flashiness is limited to the same theme.

amageish

Smash Master
I doubt P6 would tie back to any game in a major way, but if it did, I imagine it would be a school trip to Shujin, a la P4's P3 fanservice section. Include a teen Futaba as student council president or something; idk.

I don't know how they will top P5 in terms of graphics and design. I suppose they could keep the general idea of metaverse outfits, even though I doubt they'd be thieves. Part of me hopes they go back to P5's original idea and take a second look at an international roadtrip, picking up different wayword teens having indentity crises across the world. That would risk being too close to P4/5 though...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I am sure they will find a way to keep a good amount of flash. It has been widely praised and stinking inspired Smash Bros, there is no way they would give it up. And hey, it's not like all flashiness is limited to the same theme.
That's true, it's not like anyone could've seen the phantom thief theme coming (pun intended). I was worried about Hoshino leaving the team (for all his faults, he's great at coming up with fresh ideas), but Persona Q2 alleviated my fears on that part.

I hope they at least return to high school uniforms with stuff like glasses or arm bands added on, but that's my own bias talking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can also imagine sequels after Persona 6

Persona 7: stars a foreign exchange student
moving from Japan to America in which he alongside with his allies fight the president of the United States and the Personas that the MC and your party members used are based off of cowboys from the Wild West

Persona 8: sets in an alternate universe to all of the Persona games starring the protagonist named "Yu Narukami" who have to save the mother of Tohru Adachi

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I doubt P6 would tie back to any game in a major way, but if it did, I imagine it would be a school trip to Shujin, a la P4's P3 fanservice section. Include a teen Futaba as student council president or something; idk.

I don't know how they will top P5 in terms of graphics and design. I suppose they could keep the general idea of metaverse outfits, even though I doubt they'd be thieves. Part of me hopes they go back to P5's original idea and take a second look at an international roadtrip, picking up different wayword teens having indentity crises across the world. That would risk being too close to P4/5 though...
P5 already felt quite derivative of P4 in some aspects, but hopefully, that's due to same director and not an ongoing trend.

I guess one way to make P6 feel distinct is scaling down. P4's scope was a lot of smaller than P3, and it worked wonders on character writing and giving Inaba its own personality.

amageish

Smash Master
P5 already felt quite derivative of P4 in some aspects, but hopefully, that's due to same director and not an ongoing trend.

I guess one way to make P6 feel distinct is scaling down. P4's scope was a lot of smaller than P3, and it worked wonders on character writing and giving Inaba its own personality.
That is true, yeah - Persona is always full of teen angst, but the angst in 4 and 5 are very similar, especially with the "What is justice?" themes running alongside them. We'll see who takes P6 - I assume it'll either be the P4G leader (who is now doing P5R) or the P3P leader (who was heavily involved in Q2 due to her creating the FeMC), but they could bring someone entirely new onboard.

Going back to a small-town could be interesting as well! Definitely does make P4 instantly feel unique from P3 and especially 5.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn’t Nanako be a teenager whenever a potential Persona 6 is set? What if she becomes a Persona user? I think that would be extremely interesting to see. Although, I haven’t finished P4 yet so there may be some reason that would make that impossible that I just don’t know of

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
I haven't actively looked at this thread for the past couple weeks, and this is what I come back to?

Nice...

Anyways, the final (I think) P5 Animation OVA is coming out this Wednesday, can't wait to see some girls beat the crap outta our boy Ren. :p

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My Makoto nendoroid just shipped which is weird since I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to release for another week or so.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am feeling confidant about this, so I am going to quote this here for obvious reasons.
Guys, I just had something noted to me. The Valentine's episode has a mystery person who Joker will meet at an opera. Considering that Cendrillion is a specific opera inspiration, what if it is Kasumi? It would be unlike the others in that it is not a date, but rather Joker seeing her perform by chance.
View attachment 229273
Edit: Well, turns out I was wrong.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I just found out who the mystery person in the ova is and it is not Kasumi.
Edit: Some spoilers, of course.
Sae. Before anyone gets too excited about a dating possibility in P5R, apparently info is coming in that Sae treats the Opera as a friend would rather than romantically.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if P6 uses the original US setting from 5
It was a global trip, not just American. I'd like that, but also there is a reason it was scrapped to focus on just Japan... Idk how well-travelled the team is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was a global trip, not just American. I'd like that, but also there is a reason it was scrapped to focus on just Japan... Idk how well-travelled the team is.
It would be handy if they went along on Kunihiko Yuyama's worldwide trips, the guy almost seems like he just uses the Pokémon movie productions for vacation "research" these days, given how the anime refuses to end.

amageish

Smash Master
It would be handy if they went along on Kunihiko Yuyama's worldwide trips, the guy almost seems like he just uses the Pokémon movie productions for vacation "research" these days, given how the anime refuses to end.
Lol. I mean, yeah, they could use it to spend ALTUS' P5-dollars on going across the world.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well, I just found out who the mystery person in the ova is and it is not Kasumi.
Edit: Some spoilers, of course.
Sae. Before anyone gets too excited about a dating possibility in P5R, apparently info is coming in that Sae treats the Opera as a friend would rather than romantically.
It's not really treated platonically. It's somewhat ambiguous, but leans towards romantic. Ryuji's date is the same way. Sae and Ryuji's dates are the only ones that actually happen as well

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's not really treated platonically. It's somewhat ambiguous, but leans towards romantic. Ryuji's date is the same way. Sae and Ryuji's dates are the only ones that actually happen as well
Interesting. I should look into how the scenes go myself.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What the ****, Persona 5 Royal looks so much more amazing with every trailer that drops. I'm so happy to be in the middle of my Persona 5 playthrough (Just beat Okumura), since I'll be able to see all of the progress in this game and because I also just love it haha. I'm so happy it seems so incredibly substantial in terms of additions and touches to the core game.

Though, a third tier of Persona scares me in terms of my ability to see and do everything in game lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What the ****, Persona 5 Royal looks so much more amazing with every trailer that drops. I'm so happy to be in the middle of my Persona 5 playthrough (Just beat Okumura), since I'll be able to see all of the progress in this game and because I also just love it haha. I'm so happy it seems so incredibly substantial in terms of additions and touches to the core game.

Though, a third tier of Persona scares me in terms of my ability to see and do everything in game lol.
If it's anything like Golden, a NG+ is pretty much required (or obsessive time management).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If it's anything like Golden, a NG+ is pretty much required (or obsessive time management).
While I'll gladly play a New Game + run through of Persona 4 Golden someday in the near-ish future, I didn't actually feel super pressed for time in that game because I generally managed to get all the confidants I was super interested in up prior to the end. I'm sure I missed tons of stuff (actually I know I did, there were large parts of the game I downright ignored since it was the first JRPG I had played in a while) and probably didn't even know the half of what I was missing, but there were also a number of the social links that just didn't quite click the same way for me as they seem to be doing in Persona 5. Persona 4 Golden didn't immediately telegraph your end date either which just makes me feel like I have no time in P5 as well haha.

I can't wait to play Persona 4 Golden again and completely change my mind on all of this lol (And I still have Persona 3 Portable waiting... am I ever going to play a JRPG that isn't Persona?)

amageish

Smash Master
I'm hoping the dart/pool group hangouts will provide an easier way to gain friendship with a mass of people at once... It would make it much easier to manage...

D

Deleted member

In P4G, I was able to get Tier 3 Personas without NG+.
Granted, this happened because I was able to do all of the dungeons in one day to give me enough time to max out my party member's Social Links. With how P5 is structured, that will be a bit more difficult because there isn't a Fox like in P4 or a clock like in P3 and it takes 3 days to complete a Palace (assuming you get to the Treasure in one day, decide to send the Calling Card the next, and lastly fight the boss).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I figured I should share it because it's kinda eyebrow raising. Apparently the image is from some new Japanese P5R journal issue that came out.

Top Bottom