• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Found this on ResetERA:

This made me kinda emotional, not gonna lie. It’s like Joker is saying “your turn.” With Persona and Banjo, basically all my favorite video game IPs are in Smash.

E3 can’t get here soon enough.
Um... I think that's Joker taking the envelope. We were told Joker stole his, and it seems B&K had it before Joker came, as it looks as if they are trying to show it off.

StormC

Smash Hero
Um... I think that's Joker taking the envelope. We were told Joker stole his, and it seems B&K had it before Joker came, as it looks as if they are trying to show it off.
I like to think he was sneaking them one.

amageish

Smash Master
Nocturne seems like a far shot, considering that it hasn't been touched since the PS2 days, even with Dante from DMC in it. But we'll see I suppose.
They've said they want to remake Nocturne as recently as last August, though it'd be the version with Raidou in it though, not Dante. I feel fairly confident in it happening after SMTV comes out, though that may not be until the PS6 at this rate.

My headcanon is that Joker never actually stole anyone's envelope; it was his, deliberately held secure as a test to see if Joker was worthy enough to join.
I think this was the intended implication, yeah.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, I am not too familiar with SMT, but this still hurt.

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, I am not too familiar with SMT, but this still hurt.
Ouch...

I do wonder why they decided to show SMTV so early. I suppose they wanted to reveal they would be working with the Switch, but the trailer was literally just 3D demons existing in space, so it's pretty obvious they weren't very far along... Granted, ATLUS loves teasing things for years.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, Splatoon 2's final splatfest has some major SMT vibes. And considering how Splatoon's final splatfest influenced Splatoon 2...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, Splatoon 2's final splatfest has some major SMT vibes. And considering how Splatoon's final splatfest influenced Splatoon 2...
So, what you're saying is that Marina might become YHWH or Pearl might become Satan? :4pacman:

Nah, I'm only kidding, though I get the sinking feeling we'll have another idol group that's drifting apart, especially considering how lopsided the Off The Hook members' respective popularities must be.

While seemingly unlikely, I hope the Inklings (those aren't part of the resistance movement, anyway) didn't realise in-universe that Octolings are their natural enemies, and that Marina just happens to be one of them...

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've made to the point in persona Q2 where best girl Makoto rejoins the party. In a game with limited roster space for all these characters she is never leaving mine.

Found this on ResetERA:

This made me kinda emotional, not gonna lie. It’s like Joker is saying “your turn.” With Persona and Banjo, basically all my favorite video game IPs are in Smash.

E3 can’t get here soon enough.
Why does Banjo look like those weird animatronic diamond thieves from Regular show?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I had this lingering thought ever since I beat Persona 5 about a week ago. It is a single suggestion for Persona 5 Royal that I feel should happen, and I want to share it in this thread:

As much as I enjoyed the game, I feel the confidant feature, specifically with female characters should change. I feel the game should give you the ability to romance someone at Rank 10 at not 9. I dislike that the best gameplay options are restricted to only when you date someone at Rank 9. Even as someone that likes harems in anime, I feel uncomfortable about having to date all the girls just to get the best gameplay upgrades and the Max All Confidants Playstation achievement, knowing the consequences of dating when Valentines Day comes. In a sense, it is sort of a complex issue of my morality versus determining the large number of pros of dating multiple girls are gameplay wise. The latter choice is easily the best option, but it comes with a sacrifice of guilt. I personally found that aspect of confidants to be detrimental and hindering to the overall experience.

Honestly, that is the only thing I personally want to see in P5 Royal. How do you feel about my suggestion?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I had this lingering thought ever since I beat Persona 5 about a week ago. It is a single suggestion for Persona 5 Royal that I feel should happen, and I want to share it in this thread:

As much as I enjoyed the game, I feel the confidant feature, specifically with female characters should change. I feel the game should give you the ability to romance someone at Rank 10 at not 9. I dislike that the best gameplay options are restricted to only when you date someone at Rank 9. Even as someone that likes harems in anime, I feel uncomfortable about having to date all the girls just to get the best gameplay upgrades and the Max All Confidants Playstation achievement, knowing the consequences of dating when Valentines Day comes. In a sense, it is sort of a complex issue of my morality versus determining the large number of pros of dating multiple girls are gameplay wise. The latter choice is easily the best option, but it comes with a sacrifice of guilt. I personally found that aspect of confidants to be detrimental and hindering to the overall experience.

Honestly, that is the only thing I personally want to see in P5 Royal. How do you feel about my suggestion?
What do you mean when you say "gameplay options"?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What do you mean when you say "gameplay options"?
Like Hifumi's ability to switch partners at any part of your turn or Kawakami's massage feature that is extremely useful for managing my days to raise confidant levels. Both of those options are restricted only when you date those characters and get them to Rank 10.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Like Hifumi's ability to switch partners at any part of your turn or Kawakami's massage feature that is extremely useful for managing my days to raise confidant levels. Both of those options are restricted only when you date those characters and get them to Rank 10.
Umm... You get that even if you don't romance.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I just found out that I did not need to date anyone to get to Rank 10 after posting my suggestion in Persona 5 reddit. God, I assumed differently all this time. Guides and the romance videos of Persona 5 made me think dating was a requirement.

I deserve a huge facepalm.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
If it's any consolation, back in the Persona 3 days, you literally had to date/cheat on all of the gals if you wanted to max all of the social links. Videos do it for P5 to show viewers what they usually want to see; guides tend to do it because they usually aim for as much... completion (for lack of a better word) as possible on the first playthrough. So, it's understandable to make that mistake, especially if you played P3 before this one. The "watch what you say" part before you get into a relationship makes it seem like you might miss out on something if you decline, too.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, an English P5R trailer was made.

And Kasumi is being played by this voice actor.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, an English P5R trailer was made.

And Kasumi is being played by this voice actor.
*Thinks about Laura Post’s other voice roles, then Caroline and Justine’s VA, Carrie Keranen, and her other voice roles.*

Oh god, keep Kasumi away from Caroline and Justine, whatever you do!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
...Why is that?
It’s an Actor Allusion that’s alluding to a scene from the anime Kill la Kill between Laura and Carrie’s characters that was...*tugs collar* well, let’s call it a touching mother-daughter moment. It was in the 16th episode, I believe.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just want to take the opportunity to say how much I love Robbie Daymond's performance as Akechi. Seriously, his lines in the new trailer have this kick to them that can't be matched. Curious how he will play Akechi in Royal, since it's very likely we will see some new sides to Akechi.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, I think I'm about halfway through Persona 5 if I've understood the game correctly, probably a little bit over since I'm about to get to the school trip and... I'm not going to be ready to leave this game when the end comes. I know the final day is in December, which is absolutely wild and drives me a bit crazy after I got used to having so much time in Persona 4 Golden to do things (I know Royal will likely do a lot more in this regard, but that seems like a lifetime away right now). I just can't believe how much I've come to love these characters at this point and feel the immense guilt of not being able to spend time with them all properly. Driving up the Stats music note by music note just takes so much time when I'm trying to get into relationships with characters and see their arcs. I've got two complete and knowledge is very close as well, but still... I've had to make active decisions to ignore Sojiro due to how slowly his link progresses and Yusuke since my proficency is my lowest skill attribute and also have basically ignored everyone not on the main team except for Kawakami, Tae Takemi, and Mishima since they give the most directly tangible benefits to my playthrough from what I understand (and I like Kawakami and Tae a lot lol).

Again, I'm not new to any of this having played Persona 4 Golden (I also need to do a second playthrough of that one...), but I just got finished with a play session tonight and realized I was already in September in game... I feel like I'm going to have work like crazy to complete even the few social links I've prioritized and the the remaining stats maxed out... At least I'm close to finishing Kawakami, Tae, and Makoto. And then I'm definitely going to prioritize Futaba after just meeting her and falling instantly in love with her character as I'm sure many have too based on the poll. I am totally going the dirty harem route because I figured I might as well give it a shot once and choose from the girls I know for future playthroughs. Which is weird because I really try to move on from games once completing them, but I can already feel a New Game Plus calling me...

Sorry for the mini rant, I'm just so heavily invested in this game right now, trying to figure out who my personal favorite girl is, and also just continuing to realize how much Persona as a series means to me. That might be a little unearned after only having seriously played two games of this wide series, but they've both had so much more of an impact on me than most games I play these days. I just always end my play sessions with a huge smile on my face and a huge sense of satisfaction.

Also, quick question, do we know if any progress from Persona 5 will transfer to Persona 5 Royal? That'd makes things a lot easier and goddamn that game looks soooo good too.

D

Deleted member

Before I forget to say it...

RIP, all those who believed that Hifumi would get to become a PT member. My respects go to those troubled souls.
You know this got me thinking, I could care less if Hifumi isn't playable in Persona 5 Royal because if not, then I'll just wait for her being playable for a hypothetical Persona 5 Arena and heck I wouldn't even mind if a Phantom Thieves Hifumi is canon or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
How do you top any of this? How can the next 2 characters top Joker, the Hero, and Banjo-freaking-Kazooie?!
Um... you don't?

Seriously, I don't really think each reveal is trying to outdo the last. Hype levels for a certain character vary a lot from person to person. I guess they tend to time reveals of those with larger global appeal around E3 when possible, but Banjo doesn't really fit that description nowadays.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Reminder that the last character in the pass won't necessarily be hype-worthy, at least for most people. History has taught us this.

Also, Joker was basically framed by some of the Smash fanbase for a crime that actually didn't happen (stealing B-K's envelope). Granted, it wouldn't be the first time that kind of thing happened to him.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Reminder that the last character in the pass won't necessarily be hype-worthy, at least for most people. History has taught us this.
Yeah, I saw some people going back to that old 4chan post suggesting that the last two characters will be Edelgard and Sylux (even if it's to promote Three Houses and Metroid Prime 4, it's pretty damn early considering the window DLC got finalized and when those games are coming out)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh god, I just came to a realization. You know how Bayo is Jokers mom? Well meet Bayo's aunt.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've been looking at the updated mural a little bit this evening and I realized that the Piranha Plant's musical note next to his head reminds me so much of the musical notes that pop up with Social Links in Persona 4 Golden. The fact that he's doing it while watering his own little plant then reminds me absolutely of Persona 5, which was already referenced in Joker's gameplay reveal trailer.

Like I know it's probably nothing... but there's no way for me to not see a Persona reference in that haha.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Joker was basically framed by some of the Smash fanbase for a crime that actually didn't happen (stealing B-K's envelope). Granted, it wouldn't be the first time that kind of thing happened to him.
You're not wrong there. One other such crime is being too good and unfair that he's destroying the tournament scene now, even though only one person is doing well with him.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I just watched M2K and Salem’s analysis of the DQ guy, and they think (as do I) that he’s seemingly got a very strong kit of moves.

It seems that they’re deliberately making these DLC fighters amazing, and I’m wondering if they’re going to nerf Joker a lot since people have been complaining about him recently.

It’s funny because the ones that scream Joker is too OP and needs a hard nerf are the same ones that are excited for Hero and want him to break the game from what I’m seeing in the comments around the web...

Do they usually nerf the DLC fighters substantially going by their past history?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I figure this would be good to share here.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nintendo couldn't be that brilliant with their trailer continuity...or could they?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I saw that! And honestly? This is so friggin' genius!

Top Bottom