• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I updated the title. I still haven't finished Persona 5 (stuck on the boss of the sixth palace; they have an instant kill attack that I can't seem to dodge), but hopefully it works. (the old title was outdated, seeing as Joker's out now)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm honestly more hyped for the Warriors spin off than Royal, Royal being PS4 exclusive means a lot of it is gonna get censored or removed. Which kills the hype.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You’re still missing a decent chunk
Sounds good! I just reached the point where the game started, so I'm looking forward to finding out where the plot goes from here.

amageish

Smash Master
"If you were to ask whether there’ll be more new Confidants besides these two, between “YES” and “NO,” the answer is “YES.” Please wait for a follow-up."

This is such vague phrasing that it must mean something weird... I'm thinking maybe there will be "new" Confidants in the sense that some characters from the base game will get new Arcana and a new Confidant at some point in the story?

Akechi and Sae, maybe? Both are autoranks in the base game, but they also grow enough as characters to merit an Arcana change. The third semester could allow you to strengthen your relationship with them - maybe even romance them?

I'm honestly more hyped for the Warriors spin off than Royal, Royal being PS4 exclusive means a lot of it is gonna get censored or removed. Which kills the hype.
Atlus made Catherine: Full Body on PlayStation platforms without running into this sort of trouble. That game has a mode wherein all the characters are in their "pajamas" for no particular reason. I really don't see where all of this anti-hype has come from...

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
"If you were to ask whether there’ll be more new Confidants besides these two, between “YES” and “NO,” the answer is “YES.” Please wait for a follow-up."

This is such vague phrasing that it must mean something weird... I'm thinking maybe there will be "new" Confidants in the sense that some characters from the base game will get new Arcana and a new Confidant at some point in the story?

Akechi and Sae, maybe? Both are autoranks in the base game, but they also grow enough as characters to merit an Arcana change. The third semester could allow you to strengthen your relationship with them - maybe even romance them?

Atlus made Catherine: Full Body on PlayStation platforms without running into this sort of trouble. That game has a mode wherein all the characters are in their "pajamas" for no particular reason. I really don't see where all of this anti-hype has come from...
At least the wait won't be long since news is dropping tomorrow

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's may 9th in japan right now, but it's still early morning so I'm not sure if more info is supposed to come later.

I thought you might like to see this image from the article ;p :

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
oh you thought there might be a trailer too? It might just be the famitsu article, dunno.
will be cool if there's something more tho
Oh, I thought it would be a trailer because of the previous announcements. Did they ever specify what form of info the new would come in?

amageish

Smash Master
Oh, I thought it would be a trailer because of the previous announcements. Did they ever specify what form of info the new would come in?
I think it is website update? But it could just be updating to add the Famitsu news...

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
It's may 9th in japan right now, but it's still early morning so I'm not sure if more info is supposed to come later.

I thought you might like to see this image from the article ;p :

Hoo boy, the fanfiction writers and Persona fan artists the world over are going to have a field day with this one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bout to put down a fiend wearing the skin of an artist

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I pre ordered best girls nendoroid. I missed out on Joker and Futaba but I did not want to miss out on Makoto.
nendoroid-no-1044-persona-5-the-animation-makoto-niijima-phanto-580669.4.jpg

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Some neat info on the post vanilla game stuff!:
"During the new January to April playable part, players will be able to freely enjoy their days, it’s not made of scripted events. All the different places in the game from Shibuya to Shinjuku and the newly added Kichijoji will be accessible. The other world will be accessible in some way too."

TIME TO SPEND THE WHOLE 3RD SEMESTER WITH MY WOMAN

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am in love with this game...haven’t had these kinds of feelings for a series I wasn’t into before since Kid Icarus Uprising

Edit: **** these Okumura puzzles

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, have you guys heard about the new FE Three Houses news?
Read through some of it...then went back to playing Persona 5 cause Sae

Nothing will stop me from supporting Edelgard tho

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Yeah. Helps that some info has been gathered that kinda insinuate her being pretty important, even compared to other house leaders.

D

Deleted member

It's sounding like FE is becoming like Persona, with conversations acting like Social Links, there being months, and that you can only progress the story and months by beating the boss (like P3's Full Moon Operations).

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's sounding like FE is becoming like Persona, with conversations acting like Social Links, there being months, and that you can only progress the story and months by beating the boss (like P3's Full Moon Operations).
Yup. Makes the fact that the game has been discussed so much on this thread even more fitting. There is a distinct amount of time management to this game.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That and it kinda has the feel of Trails of Cold Steel

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah. Helps that some info has been gathered that kinda insinuate her being pretty important, even compared to other house leaders.
Hopefully she gets to be the true main character of the game (like how Chrom was the real main character of Awakening, while Lucina and Robin were right behind him)

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

I dunno, because I'm petty af and I judge things on appearances, that one tan house leader guy clad in yellow is the guy I plan to support (whose name I just discovered is Claude). Is it wrong that you can probably marry these leaders given how they're your students? Wow, that's a little uncomfortable, but I sure don't care since I'll be heading straight for marriage with that character. Fates had the one gay option for Zero/Niles (To which I suppose it's fortunate enough I liked the character design and personality well enough. I was going to pursue that option first playthrough anyway for the novelty anyway, but it's nice I liked the one option we were given. No child unit sucks but hey I get that finding a dragon child in the orphanage seems unlikely. Still, marrying Niles is objectively a handicap in optimal runs for Fates because of that.), so here's hoping I don't have to play the female Avatar to wed him, but I will if I need to.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I dunno, because I'm petty af and I judge things on appearances, that one tan house leader guy clad in yellow is the guy I plan to support (whose name I just discovered is Claude). Is it wrong that you can probably marry these leaders given how they're your students? Wow, that's a little uncomfortable, but I sure don't care since I'll be heading straight for marriage with that character. Fates had the one gay option for Zero/Niles (To which I suppose it's fortunate enough I liked the character design and personality well enough. I was going to pursue that option first playthrough anyway for the novelty anyway, but it's nice I liked the one option we were given. No child unit sucks but hey I get that finding a dragon child in the orphanage seems unlikely. Still, marrying Niles is objectively a handicap in optimal runs for Fates because of that.), so here's hoping I don't have to play the female Avatar to wed him, but I will if I need to.
That’s a good enough reason to go for a character honestly

amageish

Smash Master
Yep! I'm feeling pretty hyped personally, but definitely feel bad for the traditional fans who have been craving a more hardcore pre-Awakening experience, as Edelgard Potter and the Trails of Advance Persona is definitely not what thy were hoping for. I'm hoping the map design will be good enough to make it enjoyable by everyone, even if people use the "auto-tutor" system.

That said, more games that use a calendar system is non-objectionable in my book. It looks super fun and I am eagerly awaiting more.

It's weird how they haven't mentioned anything about romance yet... Maybe they'll reveal how it'll work at E3? Marrying your students would definitely be awkward - especially since you seem to directly control their schedules and who they do/don't spend their time with. We'll, uh, see what comes of that.

I also hope they'll let you date people regardless of player gender, like they did with Zero/Niles and Syalla/Rhajat.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, apparently, furry!Joker is starting to trend now.

https://twitter.com/Gurumi50t38/status/1128978314318626816

Can't believe that the stunt that was pulled in the Ultimate social went this far.

It probably doesn't help that Yakuza Kiwami 3 apparently is planned to have its controversial elements removed that were in the original.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...n-to-meet-todays-moral-values-says-dev/59692/

So, inconsistency is the name of the game here. Some people are okay with this stuff, others aren't, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom