• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Musou isn't really my thing, but looks cool anyways.

Definitely gonna prioritize on P5 Royal before anything else though.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
AN ACTION PERSONA GAME ON SWITCH?!
YES PLZ

But really, I wouldnt have expected that haha. Here's hoping there's a lot of characters to choose from :)

amageish

Smash Master
I don't fully understand why they didn't call it Persona 5 Warriors, but it looks great visually - it does a good job capturing that P5 aesthetic. Definitely picking this one up and I am very excited for the warriors potential brought about by Makoto's persona especially.

Given how it has no release date, I'm hoping it'll come out late this year in Japan, after P5R, so it can include Kasumi.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't fully understand why they didn't call it Persona 5 Warriors, but it looks great visually - it does a good job capturing that P5 aesthetic. Definitely picking this one up and I am very excited for the warriors potential brought about by Makoto's persona especially.

Given how it has no release date, I'm hoping it'll come out late this year in Japan, after P5R, so it can include Kasumi.
Considering p5r is a remaster and does have a release date, I think it's safe to say it'll be later and kasumi will be in.
I do think it'd be cool if it was 2019, but it could easily be 2020, especially this being the first we see of it. At least they had a tidbit of gameplay :)

I think the name is fine, it'd get repetitive if everyone called it warriors.
Hope they show us a bit more of it and how the story fits with it sometime.

amageish

Smash Master
Considering p5r is a remaster and does have a release date, I think it's safe to say it'll be later and kasumi will be in.
I do think it'd be cool if it was 2019, but it could easily be 2020, especially this being the first we see of it. At least they had a tidbit of gameplay :)

I think the name is fine, it'd get repetitive if everyone called it warriors.
Hope they show us a bit more of it and how the story fits with it sometime.
True! I'd expect it before next April at the latest though; they don't tend to show spin-offs at the concerts for multiple years in a row.

It would get very repetitive true, but I 100% thought this was a puzzle game based on the title haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, if Kasumi transfers around the same time as Joker and is an athlete, would that mean she'd have to interact with Kamoshida?

That's a horrifying thought.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just realized, if Kasumi transfers around the same time as Joker and is an athlete, would that mean she'd have to interact with Kamoshida?

That's a horrifying thought.
Well we haven't been shown any gymnastic sports there right? so she might do that somewhere else. But no doubt there'll be a little bit of something, though i think the other characters already have it covered with him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well we haven't been shown any gymnastic sports there right? so she might do that somewhere else. But no doubt there'll be a little bit of something, though i think the other characters already have it covered with him.
I doubt she will be focused on in that plotline, but it is something that needs to be addressed, especially if she is a constant character throughout the game like Akechi. I think the worst they could/would do with her in this regard is show Kamoshidas thoughts on her in his Palace. I will say, Kamoshidas heart being changed would be the perfect way to setup her mindset on the Phantom Thieves.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I doubt she will be focused on in that plotline, but it is something that needs to be addressed, especially if she is a constant character throughout the game like Akechi. I think the worst they could/would do with her in this regard is show Kamoshidas thoughts on her in his Palace. I will say, Kamoshidas heart being changed would be the perfect way to setup her mindset on the Phantom Thieves.
Sure, well we know she wont see the PTs changes as fully good at first, so i would think we'll see a little bit of a different side each time she's involved. And somehow it'll culminate as they get more (in)famous in the story.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Do any of you figure that Sakurai might have been informed of early planning for Scramble? That might have been the actual deciding factor behind Joker's inclusion.
I think he put Joker in because he loves the Persona series, and Joker's arguably the more recognizable protagonist, just like Cloud was for Final Fantasy. While I don't think Scramble was the deciding factor, I do believe Atlus' long-time support on Nintendo platforms (Shin Megami Tensei, #FE, etc.) was even though Persona is generally not associated with Nintendo.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think he put Joker in because he loves the Persona series, and Joker's arguably the more recognizable protagonist, just like Cloud was for Final Fantasy. While I don't think Scramble was the deciding factor, I do believe Atlus' long-time support on Nintendo platforms (Shin Megami Tensei, #FE, etc.) was even though Persona is generally not associated with Nintendo.
Fair enough.

At any rate, at least those who whined about him "not deserving to be in due to lack of Nintendo game" got silenced a lot faster than those for Cloud were. :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Still would've been way nice to see P5 or P5R on switch. Still surprised we dont even know if a port is planned for it or not.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Fair enough.

At any rate, at least those who whined about him "not deserving to be in due to lack of Nintendo game" got silenced a lot faster than those for Cloud were. :p
People are less salty because of a lack of a Nintendo game and more salty because Atlus decided to put a Musou spinoff and not a port of Royal or the base game on the Switch.

In regards to Persona 5 Scramble, I am intrigued, but Musou games generally don't click with me. Borrowed both Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors once and they didn't have enough to capture me. Maybe P5S will be different, but who knows.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still would've been way nice to see P5 or P5R on switch. Still surprised we dont even know if a port is planned for it or not.
That's Sony exclusivity contracts for you. They'll probably hold onto the mainline Personas until some company steps over their cold, dead bodies.

Meanwhile, Microsoft is all "aw heck, why not?" and eventually let Cuphead be on the Switch.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
That's Sony exclusivity contracts for you. They'll probably hold onto the mainline Personas until some company steps over their cold, dead bodies.

Meanwhile, Microsoft is all "aw heck, why not?" and eventually let Cuphead be on the Switch.
Even though no one's looked into it, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did have the mainline games on platform lockdown. Perhaps putting a first-party Sony character in Smash would appease them :p.

If Persona 5 Scramble wants to capture my interest fully, I'd say Koei should take a page from PlatinumGames and Capcom's Devil May Cry team and implement Stylish Action elements into the game. If anything, I always felt that if there was one company that had to develop an actionized Persona spinoff, let alone a spinoff of Persona 5, Platinum would be the best developer to take on the challenge.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

That's definitely possible since it has been exclusive. .. let's hope the time frame for it ends at some point soon and we see the main persona games come to nintendo too.

I'd like to take moment to mention that MysticDistance has said it would come to the switch in 2019, and unless we get some e3 announcement about it, I think this person can't really be trusted on leaks even for persona stuff.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's certainly not what I expected. A Warriors Persona game, I'm pretty excited. Hoping it'll have a good roster, maybe some p3, p4 characters alongside p5?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I see this being thrown around a lot but I'm pretty it's never been stated that Sony has some kind of exclusivity contract with atlus.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even though no one's looked into it, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did have the mainline games on platform lockdown. Perhaps putting a first-party Sony character in Smash would appease them :p.

If Persona 5 Scramble wants to capture my interest fully, I'd say Koei should take a page from PlatinumGames and Capcom's Devil May Cry team and implement Stylish Action elements into the game. If anything, I always felt that if there was one company that had to develop an actionized Persona spinoff, let alone a spinoff of Persona 5, Platinum would be the best developer to take on the challenge.
Pretty sure Platinum's pretty busy with their projects anyway, they got plenty on their plate with Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chain right now.

I see this being thrown around a lot but I'm pretty it's never been stated that Sony has some kind of exclusivity contract with atlus.
Yet for some reason mainline Personas are always on Playstation, while only a few spin-offs have been on Nintendo. Who really knows why Atlus does this...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Platinum's pretty busy with their projects anyway, they got plenty on their plate with Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chain right now.

Yet for some reason mainline Personas are always on Playstation, while only a few spin-offs have been on Nintendo. Who really knows why Atlus does this...
I always just figured it was because Persona's 3 and 4 came out during a time where Nintendo was putting on that casual image and it made more sense to put it on something like the PS2.

If there really was some kind of exclusivity deal, i don't think we would have gotten the Q games.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
What if....

Kasumi is revealed to be blood related to Joker RIGHT AFTER you romanced her? That would be kinda shocking realizing you made love to a family member of yours

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What if....

Kasumi is revealed to be blood related to Joker RIGHT AFTER you romanced her? That would be kinda shocking realizing you made love to a family member of yours
No.

Anyway, I think P5S has made a P5 port even more possible, as it's clearly built on P5 assets, and if P5 assets are on the Switch...

D

Deleted member

P5S took me by surprise, but in a good way. I do like Hyrule Warriors and I sunk a lot of time into Fire Emblem Warriors, no doubt that will be the same for Scramble. I am looking forward to playing a Warriors game with the Thieves! ...And hopefully other characters too!

Well, that's certainly not what I expected. A Warriors Persona game, I'm pretty excited. Hoping it'll have a good roster, maybe some p3, p4 characters alongside p5?
Speaking of which, I really hope that Adachi would be playable. I'm not expecting it, but I would be happy if they pulled it off.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always just figured it was because Persona's 3 and 4 came out during a time where Nintendo was putting on that casual image and it made more sense to put it on something like the PS2.

If there really was some kind of exclusivity deal, i don't think we would have gotten the Q games.
Yet we still go the Devil Survivor games on the DS.

It seems to me like Atlus wants its SMTverse games to be exclusive for the sake of being exclusive as long as possible, seeing how relatively few of them even get remakes as it is (at least overseas), and how spread-out the franchise was.

Kinda hard to get maximum sales for one specific game if it's on more than one console, I guess is their logic. :drshrug:

No.

Anyway, I think P5S has made a P5 port even more possible, as it's clearly built on P5 assets, and if P5 assets are on the Switch...
Maybe this'll get Atlus to finally break its old habits. Never imagined it would be via Omega-Force, of all people.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Galaxy brain: the reason the new song started with Wiping All Out at the concert was because Minako is playable in P5 Scramble

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, there has been a lot of Persona fan art in the last two days or so and a lot of it is really good. And about human Morgana.

I will also quote these, because putting in all the Kasumi art into this above spoiler would be insane.
I think it's safe to say that fandom wise as of now, Kasumi is quite loved and human Morgana is... perplexing.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I just realized, Joker doesn't have a numbered "71 - Joker" trailer on the Smash website like every other character in Smash Ultimate. Only his reveal trailer.

That's going to drive me insane...

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

If there is one, it probably just applies to the mainline games and their remakes (except maybe Persona 1 since that released on PC I think)

What if....

Yeah pretty sure surprise incest will just cause a lot of controversy

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I think it's safe to say that fandom wise as of now, Kasumi is quite loved
Until she is revealed to be the Marie of Persona 5 :p.

What if....

Top Bottom