• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Xeno_Emblem

Smash Rookie
I’d be very surprised if P5S isn’t Persona 5 for Switch. Especially given how heavily promoted P5 is in Smash Bros Ultimate. I guess we will know for sure this week. Thank goodness I can play as Joker in Smash till then, otherwise the wait would be unbearable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sweet so we're all prepared for when it happens.

Just saw this from Kurogane Hammer. He wasn't happy that there's so many parameters to track for joker's gun attacks :p

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I’d be very surprised if P5S isn’t Persona 5 for Switch. Especially given how heavily promoted P5 is in Smash Bros Ultimate. I guess we will know for sure this week. Thank goodness I can play as Joker in Smash till then, otherwise the wait would be unbearable.
Do note that Jason Schreier, journalist and generally-correct insider, has reported that P5S is a new spin-off title (probably in a new genre, though he's uncertain) and that P5R is PS4-exclusive at launch.

Like, it's still possible, but definitely keep your mind open to other possibilities so you aren't too heartbroken if it turns out to be Persona 5 Solitaire.

Xeno_Emblem

Smash Rookie
Do note that Jason Schreier, journalist and generally-correct insider, has reported that P5S is a new spin-off title (probably in a new genre, though he's uncertain) and that P5R is PS4-exclusive at launch.

Like, it's still possible, but definitely keep your mind open to other possibilities so you aren't too heartbroken if it turns out to be Persona 5 Solitaire.
Even if Persona 5 S proves to be something else, I guarantee that Persona 5 will come to the Switch, either this year or eventually. Given the Best Buy leak, the numerous rumours about it coming to the Switch, ontop of Joker being in Smash, it seems plainly obvious that Nintendo and Atlus struck a deal between the two of them. Even if it’s not P5S, I’d be very surprised if Nintendo and Sakurai just decided to put Joker over other big Nintendo characters as DLC just because it’s a big surprise and Sakurai likes the game. There’s usually a calculated reason for such things.

amageish

Smash Master
Even if Persona 5 S proves to be something else, I guarantee that Persona 5 will come to the Switch, either this year or eventually. Given the Best Buy leak, the numerous rumours about it coming to the Switch, ontop of Joker being in Smash, it seems plainly obvious that Nintendo and Atlus struck a deal between the two of them. Even if it’s not P5S, I’d be very surprised if Nintendo and Sakurai just decided to put Joker over other big Nintendo characters as DLC just because it’s a big surprise and Sakurai likes the game. There’s usually a calculated reason for such things.
True. As discussed elsewhere in this thread, it's almost definitely happening one day. It's just that the assumptions that it is all but confirmed to be P5S are questionable at best.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
At this point I would be shocked if Persona 5 DOESN'T come to switch. With how heavily Joker is pushed in Smash and with so many people now being interested in the game it would be weird if it never showed up

Xeno_Emblem

Smash Rookie
True. As discussed elsewhere in this thread, it's almost definitely happening one day. It's just that the assumptions that it is all but confirmed to be P5S are questionable at best.
True. It could be a spin off game or something else entirely. Honestly, I wouldn’t put it past Atlus. We shall see soon though. :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, the next few days are gonna be jam packed with new news for us, and I look forward to everything we'll see :)

I have a request for this thread, because this week is also big due to Avengers Endgame, which I'm not going to see until next week probably.
I'd like to ask to not post any spoilers about it please. or if you do to use spoiler tags.

I'd like to keep visiting this thread at least, during all this :)

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
So, the next few days are gonna be jam packed with new news for us, and I look forward to everything we'll see :)

I have a request for this thread, because this week is also big due to Avengers Endgame, which I'm not going to see until next week probably.
I'd like to ask to not post any spoilers about it please. or if you do to use spoiler tags.

This goes for me too. so ya know don't be that way please?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

The Phantom thieves change Thanos's heart

D

Deleted member

HAPPY BDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY QUEEN!!!! <3

God i love her so much
Happy birthday to my Queen!

The Kirby and Morgana one made me LOL.
There are better places to take a nap than on the ground you know... but let's not do that today. Stay there and go to sleep.

I'm not seeing Endgame, so you're safe from me!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

I saw End Game in an early showing at a pretentiousstigious film festival. Just so you know, after the Avengers beat Thanos by having Ant Man grow big right under Thanos big toe, thus giving him an infected hang nail, that the Avengers then wait for six months for the infection to grow so bad it finally kills Thanos, just as they use the gauntlet to bring all the dead back from the soul stone, the Millennium Falcon drops down on the surface of Titan, and the Avengers see themselves face to face with Rey, Han Solo, and the rest of the cast on board the ship at the end of The Last Jedi, with the surprise reveal during the end credits scene being that we learn that along the way, Rey and friends picked up Deadpool and Captain Spock from Star Trek on their travels as they left the salt planet, and also Jar Jar Binks joins the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I saw End Game in an early showing at a pretentiousstigious film festival. Just so you know, after the Avengers beat Thanos by having Ant Man grow big right under Thanos big toe, thus giving him an infected hang nail, that the Avengers then wait for six months for the infection to grow so bad it finally kills Thanos, just as they use the gauntlet to bring all the dead back from the soul stone, the Millennium Falcon drops down on the surface of Titan, and the Avengers see themselves face to face with Rey, Han Solo, and the rest of the cast on board the ship at the end of The Last Jedi, with the surprise reveal during the end credits scene being that we learn that along the way, Rey and friends picked up Deadpool and Captain Spock from Star Trek on their travels as they left the salt planet, and also Jar Jar Binks joins the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Why would you spoil it you big mean dingus ?!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
but really, I'll enjoy the movie with surprise coming in. I'll try my best lol

Edit:

Here's where the concert live stream will be:
https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv319206777

enjoy ;)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Im glad you and gentle confirmed it :)
What's all we needed baby.

Im sure the shotgun can work
I imagine a shotgun could function similar to the gun special, except it would probably trade speed for power.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I don't know if I will play P5R when it releases. I mean, I love Persona 5, but I don't think I can play such a long game again for now, I have many other games I need to play first (including finishing some of the other Persona games). I will definitely play it someday though!

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
WAS JOKER'S GRAPPLING HOOK A TEASER THIS WHOLE TIME?

(i know he uses it in the menus but HE ACTUALLY USES IT IN THIS GAME AND THAT OPENING OR WHATEVER)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw someone asking for makoto's punching. I posted a bigger version in the general thread. here's a smaller size:

And here's kasumi fighting (looks better in the video tho)

gif(4).gif

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I saw someone asking for makoto's punching. I posted a bigger version in the general thread. here's a smaller size:

Damn, that is some Fist of the North Star-level stuff there! I can just hear her screaming 'ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA'!

amageish

Smash Master
Well, uh, that is a lot of changes.

Like, sure, I expected an expanded version of the game, but remixing the original dungeons to make it different for people? New sprites for the Phantom Thieves in the metaverse? Quality of life improvements within a game that was already amazingly smooth to play? Pretty darn impressive.

Caroline/Justine have actual hang-outs now, which is neat I guess. I like the product placement poolhouse too. The notion of a third semester is inherently suspicious to me, given the first game's ending, but I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Kasumi looks awesome, though I think Joker should have a chat with her as she seems to have stolen his coat and gloves. Granted, she definitely has some connection to Joker, as apparently she transfers into the school on the same day as him as well, which sounds important. I'm interested in seeing why she's a thief at all, given how she doesn't approve of their actions.

The Counselor confidant sounds amazing in premise - I just really hope that they don't make him evil, as I'd like more depictions of counseling/therapy as something helpful and the "person who is supposed to help you is evil" trick is pulled enough times in P5 as-is.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see how this game unfolds. Hopefully we can all stay safe and spoiler-free once it releases in Japan in October...

Top Bottom