• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Going back to Jane: Was there anything new about her that was datamined in the 3.0 update? I hear stuff like she felt near completion or something.
jane's files were scrubbed like joker/brave were after they had been discovered, and it's been found that jane has nothing to do with ann, morgana, or any other similar theories--in short, she's still unaccounted for.

vaanrose posted a comprehensive breakdown on the ultimate social thread about why he believes she most likely hasn't been scrapped yet and is a persona character related to joker

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
What's this discussion about Jane still being a possibility as a Joker echo? Did I miss any datamining or something?

On a off-related note: Am I the only one who is mildly miffed that they bothered adding P4 and P3 music? Bad enough certain tracks I wanted like Life will Change and Blooming Villain didn't make it, but the ****ing towards P3 and especially irritates me a bit just as much as if not more than the P4/P3 Mii costumes. Not only because I think P4 is freaking overrated, but also further adds to the stigma of Atlus never letting P4 go that they have to continue milking it in P5's spotlight (and dear god I swear if they put in Yu Narukami as an echo...)

Then there's the issue of P1, P2 and even the P3 FeMC being ignored again, save for the mention of the remixed Velvet Room theme (which is freaking amazin1). It makes me wonder why the heck Atlus seems ashamed to bring up P1 and P2, on top of not being having anything related to the P3 FeMC.
Jesus christ...

DO.
YOU.
EVER.
NOT.
CRITICIZE.
SOMETHING?!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
What's this discussion about Jane still being a possibility as a Joker echo? Did I miss any datamining or something?

On a off-related note: Am I the only one who is mildly miffed that they bothered adding P4 and P3 music? Bad enough certain tracks I wanted like Life will Change and Blooming Villain didn't make it, but the ****ing towards P3 and especially irritates me a bit just as much as if not more than the P4/P3 Mii costumes. Not only because I think P4 is freaking overrated, but also further adds to the stigma of Atlus never letting P4 go that they have to continue milking it in P5's spotlight (and dear god I swear if they put in Yu Narukami as an echo...)

Then there's the issue of P1, P2 and even the P3 FeMC being ignored again, save for the mention of the remixed Velvet Room theme (which is freaking amazin1). It makes me wonder why the heck Atlus seems ashamed to bring up P1 and P2, on top of not being having anything related to the P3 FeMC.
Look man I wish FeMC got more than she did too as she's my favorite and it's my favorite way to experience the P3 story by a country mile...

...but this ain't it chief

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Here's an idea; take the bad with the good as well. I'm just happy that he stays true to P5.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's an idea; take the bad with the good as well. I'm just happy that he stays true to P5.
It wouldve been truer if Arsene didn't have a gauge to be summoned, as well as being able to switch with other personas.

But I'm not complaining too much cuz I think the gun play is rad. ;p

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
It wouldve been truer if Arsene didn't have a gauge to be summoned, as well as being able to switch with other personas.

But I'm not complaining too much cuz I think the gun play is rad. ;p
P4A said hi.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It wouldve been truer if Arsene didn't have a gauge to be summoned,
true, but even arsene/rebellion gauge is a big reference to persona awakenings themselves - how the party members get beaten down on until they eventually snap and their power awakens

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good point. I meant overall.
They didn't do a bad job, let's at least say that :p

I wouldve liked to see more personas, and more magic than just one side-b, but i think that's pretty small criticism compared to everything they did good and how fun the character can be.

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
i would prefer being able to activate your persona at will, rather than just it doing it on it's own at random intervals, it would let you have more control over the right time is to gain access to your new abilities/increased stats during a fight and add more depth to the gameplay, sometimes it feels like linking it only to taking damage/losing will simply result in rewarding a bad player, the thing where they get beaten down then their persona awakens to help them comeback really only happens during the initial cutscenes, then they've got full control over it throughout the rest of the game

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Still trying to figure out what the three Ridleys symbolize in Igor's Spirit Battle. Some say it's the three Velvet Attendants (Elizabeth, Margaret, Theodore), while some say it's the

Archangels you fight before the Final Boss.
Unless there is another interpretation.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Still trying to figure out what the three Ridleys symbolize in Igor's Spirit Battle. Some say it's the three Velvet Attendants (Elizabeth, Margaret, Theodore), while some say it's the

It might represent personas? Cause he has the compendium. I'm not entirely sure myself.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am just dropping this here.
I tested this myself and can confirm "[x].mb_hairSystemShape.mchp" is the way Maya automatically handles hair system cache filenames. Joker and Jane are 100% connected and she is not Jill, Lara or any other random girl with a ponytail.
Thank you Gentlepanda Gentlepanda for telling me about the activity on the Ultimate Social Thread, I wouldn't have seen this otherwise. That thread is just way too fast for me.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice

maybe they represent his gigantic nose
THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER SEEN:

I CAN'T STRESS HOW BEAUTIFUL JOKER AND MAKOTO LOOK
but
akechi is dead

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
To give my thoughts on this entire "Jane" situation: Her being added post-release would be unprecedented, but that is definitely a precedent worth establishing!

It's definitely the spoiler one. There are four main attendants by P5 and arguably more when counting other games...

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Gotta be honest, I'm mostly indifferent towards Jane, but it'd be pretty cool if she ends up being an echo of sorts.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I just changed my text color and I am curious if you guys think it looks good(Don't want my text to strain on the eyes). I didn't want to go for pure red, but I still wanted a color that matched my icon.

Edit:
Here is some more art I found. I imagine even if nothing Smash x Persona related is announced this week, Jane will still get a surge of Smash related fan art due to exposure and how quickly the theories around her in Smash are spreading. What I am wondering is how she will play into this whole family dynamic thing the Smash fandom made for joker.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The more I play Joker, the more I see how beautifully he was translated into Smash Ultimate.
The way Joker plays and feels reminds me a lot of Persona 5... at times it feels like I am playing Persona 5. From his attack animations, the weight of his movements, and his unique victory screens and transitions, he feels satisfyingly different from the other characters.
So yeah, I really, really love what they did with him!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I just changed my text color and I am curious if you guys think it looks good(Don't want my text to strain on the eyes). I didn't want to go for pure red, but I still wanted a color that matched my icon.

Edit:
Here is some more art I found. I imagine even if nothing Smash x Persona related is announced this week, Jane will still get a surge of Smash related fan art due to exposure and how quickly the theories around her in Smash are spreading. What I am wondering is how she will play into this whole family dynamic thing the Smash fandom made for joker.
That one with Lucas, though...I feel all fuzzy inside! :)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The more I play Joker, the more I see how beautifully he was translated into Smash Ultimate.
The way Joker plays and feels reminds me a lot of Persona 5... at times it feels like I am playing Persona 5. From his attack animations, the weight of his movements, and his unique victory screens and transitions, he feels satisfyingly different from the other characters.
I legitimately haven't felt this much satisfaction and joy with a newcomer since Sonic back in Brawl. Joker just feels so good.

D

Deleted member

I must say, playing Joker in Smash almost makes me want to replay Persona 5 again.

D

Deleted member

It's so awesome having Joker in Smash finally! And his stage is awesome; I love it; plus having Persona music is really great too!

A shame he doesn't suit my play style at all and I don't really like him gameplay-wise lol.

EDIT: To clarify, he is a good character; I love what he has (and his Rebel Guard is very useful), but he's just not for me. I can definitely see him being a really hard character to play against for those who prefer his play style. I like how he seems very well balanced. His non-arsene form is not too strong and when Arsene is out, he may be a lot stronger, but it's timed, so it's not a completely broken character. They did a fantastic job balancing him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Anybody have any awesome moments they've done in the past as Joker?

For me, a highlight would probably be the time when an enemy Joker tried to gimp me... so I stage spiked him with Tetrakarn.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I grapple hooked a bowser in the air and as he went slightly off the stage I got arsene and just instinctively jumped and spiked him...it was really rude....and slightly awesome

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I always said that the reason Joker was my most-wanted over any other Persona protagonist was because he felt so perfectly-suited to Smash and I'm glad I was right. He feels right. He has a different feel that is unique and intuitive and whether it's the little touches like the visual effects or the special victory screen, he just feels implemented with love.

I've really become fond of the Rebel's Guard mechanic. It's a perfect implementation of Personas as they are in Persona 5's story - manifestations of your rebellious spirit when the chips are down and all hope seems lost. It's a really clever way of doing it that I never expected. It's also a cool way to show the balance between school life and life as a phantom thief. Every movement Joker makes just feels like the character - graceful, stylish,.but measured and clever. It's so damn cool.

I just get more satisfied the more I play.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Thinking about Joker's Smash moveset is making me think about the rumored Persona 5 Arena by ArcSys.

And that got me thinking: how much of Joker's moveset are you willing to bet will influence P5A? Could Rebel's Guard be a universal mechanic for all characters, but in different names? (Makoto's would be Justice Guard, Yusuke's would be Beauty Guard, etc.) Would Personas work as a cross between how it works in both P4A and Smash Bros? So many possibilities.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Thinking about Joker's Smash moveset is making me think about the rumored Persona 5 Arena by ArcSys.

And that got me thinking: how much of Joker's moveset are you willing to bet will influence P5A? Could Rebel's Guard be a universal mechanic for all characters, but in different names? (Makoto's would be Justice Guard, Yusuke's would be Beauty Guard, etc.) Would Personas work as a cross between how it works in both P4A and Smash Bros? So many possibilities.
That's the cool thing to me. Persona 4 Arena was an awesome translation of Personas as they worked in 3 and 4 while 5 is very well-repped by Smash. Maybe different characters have different mechanics contributing to how they'd be summoned.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Anybody have any awesome moments they've done in the past as Joker?

For me, a highlight would probably be the time when an enemy Joker tried to gimp me... so I stage spiked him with Tetrakarn.
I was in a sudden death match online and a Bayonetta tried to finish me off but I dodged and did his side B.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I've been seeing that epilogue pic everywhere now, so I got to wonder where it came from and if it's even legit.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
2 days away guys n gals :)

Not only do we have joker to pass the time but we're about to know more on some persona versions :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom