• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
The maintenance is still going on. We won't be able to download it until that's finished.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I'll just watch some Hell's Kitchen and check back every once in a while for the update to download. It's better than complaining about it nonstop as it makes the wait more painful.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll just watch some Hell's Kitchen and check back every once in a while for the update to download. It's better than complaining about it nonstop as it makes the wait more painful.
Yeah really it'll come at some point,

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I managed to grab the update before the servers got overloaded, so I figure I'll throw in one tidbit that I've seen people asking about - for Mass Destruction, "Damn right" gets changed to "All night" from the next line, so it says "All night" twice. So it does seem like they censored the songs a little bit, though I haven't checked any of the other ones yet!

Sucks that everyone's having issues, hopefully you can all grab the update soon!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I managed to grab the update before the servers got overloaded, so I figure I'll throw in one tidbit that I've seen people asking about - for Mass Destruction, "Damn right" gets changed to "All night" from the next line, so it says "All night" twice. So it does seem like they censored the songs a little bit, though I haven't checked any of the other ones yet!

Sucks that everyone's having issues, hopefully you can all grab the update soon!
So are you able to play joker?

I heard some people say they didnt have him even with the update.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am just curious of the chances of hazardless Mementos being legal.

Last edited:

Whia

Smash Apprentice
So are you able to play joker?

I heard some people say they didnt have him even with the update.
Was coming in here just to mention this.

Downloaded the update, but no Joker/Mementos.

Verily I say unto thee, what the ****?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Kind of hoping someone does an edit in which "All night" is said repeatedly ala Outkast.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
3.0 has downloaded for me, but Joker is still not there, even though I already paid for him.

Not to mentioned Piranha Plant disappeared for me as well. What do I do?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I usually try to take up for Nintendo when it comes to online, but wow this is actually awful. Maintenance was supposed to be over an hour ago and my friends and I still can't download the update. Just let me play Joker already Sakurai..

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Dat velvet room remix.

Geez, Igor's going to town on the dance floor and showing the pleebs the sickest moves they'll ever see.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, saw the GameXplain video and looks like we shouldn't bother with the Guidances on DLC fighters (Cept Plant, who doesn't really count since it was almost in the base game)

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
People who have Joker, what are his best methods of killing? I'm hearing he has trouble.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
https://twitter.com/Meshima_/status/1118710812162412545

Looks like we got some perimeters, now to compare to stats on Kurogane and the wiki

• Walk speed: 1.12 (43rd fastest)
  • Dash initial: 1.9 (45th fastest)
  • Run speed: 2.06 (17th fastest)
  • Ground friction: 0.13 (9th highest)
  • Air speed: 1.1 (36th fastest)
  • Air friction: 0.01 (I don't know)
  • Fall speed: 1.63 (35th fastest)
  • Fastfall speed: 3.097 (4th fastest, 90% increase, same as Link)
  • Gravity: 0.127 (9th highest)
  • Weight: 93 (45th highest, would classify him as a midweight, albeit a light midweight)
Feel free to correct if inaccurate on some parts

KatKit

Smash Lord
A friend of mine who only plays Smash and NBA 2K told me that he wants to buy Persona 5. For him to consider playing anything other than the aforementioned games is an absolute miracle. Persona's representation in Smash is THAT good. I couldn't even convince him to try Persona out, and I've known him for over a decade. Now he's willing to give it a shot. I'm sure he'll like it. Thanks, Sakurai.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on the download. Even though it came out today, I'll consider this a Thursday release lol.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I did something I saw online and it worked for me:

1. If you have a physical copy of the game. Take out the cartridge
2. Delete software (you will not loose your datas)
3. Put the cartridge in the switch and try to download the update.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I am very confused. I just beat all the P5 spirits on the DLC spirit board, yet I don't seem to have all of them. I only have a few of the phantom thieves, with others seemingly missing.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
So, heads up Joker bros, if you finish a match in Classic mode with his final Smash, the game doesn't seem to know what to do, and it freezes. Guess we'll have to wait for that to get patched. It's a cool freeze screen though. Telling me "The Show's Over" is a bit ironic though considering.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I am very confused. I just beat all the P5 spirits on the DLC spirit board, yet I don't seem to have all of them. I only have a few of the phantom thieves, with others seemingly missing.
I imagine that you're just viewing the list with the primary spirits? The support spirits (which include Futaba, Akechi, Makoto, etc.) won't appear in certain sections, such as the Level Up category...

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I imagine that you're just viewing the list with the primary spirits? The support spirits (which include Futaba, Akechi, Makoto, etc.) won't appear in certain sections, such as the Level Up category...
Ohhhhhhh, shoot, you're probably right. Damn, and I wanted the Phantom Thieves as a unit as a primary.

Top Bottom