• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really gotta play those two tbh
It’s not that I don’t want to it’s that it’s hard for me to get a hold of em right now ahaha
Their game mechanics are kinda dated, but I 'd say they worth giving a sho, especially if you find their portable versions.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Their game mechanics are kinda dated, but I 'd say they worth giving a sho, especially if you find their portable versions.
Absolutely

It’s also more so I could get in on the hype also
Bunch of my Facebook friends talked down to me cause I got hype over Joker and not so much over the music :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, something occurred to me that we all overlooked: we'll finally get to see what Joker's stock icon looks like!

Oh yeah, they're totally a reference to the games' primary colors. I just personally think of the Velvet Room when I see it.
This alt is the only reference that Revelations: Persona has right now. God...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Join us, we just finished sacrificing Jane for P3 and P4 music.
We didn't sacrifice hard enough for Persona 3 Portable or Persona Q but it's probably fine
You know, something occurred to me that we all overlooked: we'll finally get to see what Joker's stock icon looks like!

Revelations: Persona is a really bad game, so like, that's fine

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We didn't sacrifice hard enough for Persona 3 Portable or Persona Q but it's probably fine

I've never played it but it looks really ****ing dated.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Fair enough, though the 2 duology still deserves better than being referenced via a red alt.

Anyway, there might be some spirits for that somewhere. I'd laugh if sunglasses Hitler wound up sneaking in somehow.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Absolutely

It’s also more so I could get in on the hype also
Bunch of my Facebook friends talked down to me cause I got hype over Joker and not so much over the music :p
I mean, that's kind of rude... You're also allowed to be hyped over Joker and not know/care about the Mementos skins haha.

Good! I would have liked something else out of Persona 2, but Persona 1 is... uh...

kanji reaction.png

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Fair enough, though the 2 duology still deserves better than being referenced via a red alt.
The 2 duology has fantastic characters but the game itself is...not great. Awful encounter rate, overly complex battle system, story that is very good but paced terribly. Would have liked to see them as Spirits I guess, especially my boy Eikichi.

Persona 5 does a lot of stuff that 2 does but like... better. It's clearly the most 2-inspired of the primary color trilogy, even down to the proliferation of red and a character named Joker.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, that's kind of rude... You're also allowed to be hyped over Joker and not know/care about the Mementos skins haha.

Good! I would have liked something else out of Persona 2, but Persona 1 is... uh...

So it's no wonder why ATLUS completely tore it apart for the initial localization.

The 2 duology has fantastic characters but the game itself is...not great. Awful encounter rate, overly complex battle system, story that is very good but paced terribly. Would have liked to see them as Spirits I guess, especially my boy Eikichi.

Persona 5 does a lot of stuff that 2 does but like... better. It's clearly the most 2-inspired of the primary color trilogy, even down to the proliferation of red and a character named Joker.
It might be the only case in history when Sakurai shows that he doesn't care that much about something, seeing the reason 1 and 2 may not have anything beyond the color alts. Heck, the crossovers before this don't account for them to begin with, so...

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Well not only does Joker look totally sick and perfectly implemented but also the choice of music is almost perfect!

I personally didn't get Will Power but I got I'll face myself and Mass Destruction which I wished for so hard and also a Yu Narukami costume <3

Can't wait till everything's here <3

EDIT: AND ALSO AKECHI COLOR! Sakurai rly made my day <3

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

Part of me has a conspiracy that Persona 5 was going to be a reboot at one point, as a lot of the characters echo Persona 2 characters pretty directly...

So it's no wonder why ATLUS completely tore it apart for the initial localization.
I mean, the localization was so major as they believed that American audiences wouldn't understand media set in Japan... I am still mildly aghast that it got onto the PS1 Classic, but hopefully a potential PS2 Classic would have a handful of the good MegaTen games on PS2...

amageish

Smash Master
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
I mean, I'd rather the version with Raidou, but the version with Dante would be far more of a "PlayStation Classic." That sticker is iconic haha.

Still hoping that we'll get Lucina in the remake they've been teasing, assuming it is on Switch...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, I'd rather the version with Raidou, but the version with Dante would be far more of a "PlayStation Classic." That sticker is iconic haha.

Still hoping that we'll get Lucina in the remake they've been teasing, assuming it is on Switch...
Speaking of FE, I'd be surprised if Mirage Sessions got spared from the Wii U chopping block. That's the one Megaten game you wouldn't expect to see rereleased.

amageish

Smash Master
Speaking of FE, I'd be surprised if Mirage Sessions got spared from the Wii U chopping block. That's the one Megaten game you wouldn't expect to see rereleased.
It flopped incredibly hard, but it's not like ATLUS is known for applying logic to what games they do and do not rerelease.

Anyone want to play Radiant Historia with a more generic artstyle?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>people on this very board already think Joker is broken, despite him not even being released yet

lFRqB11.gif

It flopped incredibly hard, but it's not like ATLUS is known for applying logic to what games they do and do not rerelease.

Anyone want to play Radiant Historia with a more generic artstyle?
Plus extra chapter and voices. Not that I really need it that much, I gots the DS original.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
>people on this very board already think Joker is broken, despite him not even being released yet
My thoughts exactly lol. Let the boy join the ring first before judging him. He could end up being terrible without Persona or could have kill problems or whatever. But yeah it's always the same:

New Character -> Brings a unique mechanic -> Has some kind of power up -> Broken

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My thoughts exactly lol. Let the boy join the ring first before judging him. He could end up being terrible without Persona or could have kill problems or whatever. But yeah it's always the same:

New Character -> Brings a unique mechanic -> Has some kind of power up -> Broken
Followed by:

Broken -> Has a crippling weakness -> Low tier

If not some sort of nerf.

Don't these people ever learn from their own series' history?

Last edited:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
i kind of wish they made his down + b cleave/dream needle, there's already a lot of characters in the game with counters already

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That reminds me, anyone have a copy of the perimeters from the datamine before the guy who posted it deleted his twitter? It'd be kinda fun to compare that to what Joker's stats will be when he comes out to see the changes (and because I'm pretty sure the wiki will remove them once he actually comes out).

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
About 3 hours to go?

I was still thinking about jane and I came up with some arguments for why she could be an echo fighter.
I know a lot of people are going to treat her as deconfirmed and that makes sense but im not gonna give up on her til this month is over.

She makes sense as an echo fighter because she may have a different 'alignment' than joker. With alph and the koopalings they're all in the same boat as the character they're with, but if jane isnt even the same kind of ally, and has a different persona, then she makes sense as an echo fighter. She could have some ability that's different too and could replace one of the b moves.

The other thing is that the data was from an early enough version, so back then they could've been toying with the idea of having her as a costume but decided it wasnt the best fit, the string they ffound can be deleted data they overlooked, and if you think about how the mementos stage was mispelled, it could be as simple as that it's that kind of data.

If we think that nintendo wanted to release joker when they could, maybe this is a case where they'd wait for the extra news from atlus to reveal her as an echo. Not to mention that other 3rd party character like the belmonts and street fighter got echos in this cycle, it's not impossible for sakurai to like that trend and make one for dlc either.

I know I'm stretching a little and she can easily just not show up at all, but I do want to put the idea out there and keep a little open about it at least ;)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fairly certain that until further notice, we get the content that comes with each character as announced, nothing more, nothing less (besides Miis and spirits). If there was going to be Echoes coming, that would have been stated.

The most I would expect is an extra alt that gets added later on via the next update.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Fairly certain that until further notice, we get the content that comes with each character as announced, nothing more, nothing less (besides Miis and spirits). If there was going to be Echoes coming, that would have been stated.

The most I would expect is an extra alt that gets added later on via the next update.
You know that nintendo or sakurai doesnt always play by the rules. They like to surprise, and at least do things differently sometimes.
We wouldn't have expected a video instead of a direct for joker and 3.0.

gotta keep an open mind ;)

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Wouldn't be shocked if a Fire Emblem character was used as a base for the guy.
That reminds me, saw someone on the subreddit come up with a theory that the ponytail stuff was leftovers from using Robin as a base for Joker's character. Then again, anything's possible

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know that nintendo or sakurai doesnt always play by the rules. They like to surprise, and at least do things differently sometimes.
We wouldn't have expected a video instead of a direct for joker and 3.0.

gotta keep an open mind ;)
He bends the rules, but he hasn't outright lied about anything.

He said that the pass would include 5 unique characters. Nowhere did he say that the pass would include Echoes (Mii costumes and spirits are a different can of worms, since those are effectively bonuses).

Doing things differently isn't necessarily the same thing as breaking the "rules" that are laid down for releases that are planned for the same game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Should I pick Persona 5 for PS4 this month or wait to see how the new P5 games end up like?

I really want to try the game.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I can’t even play Persona 5 unless it comes out on the Switch... that’s the only current gen console I have...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He bends the rules, but he hasn't outright lied about anything.

He said that the pass would include 5 unique characters. Nowhere did he say that the pass would include extra Echoes (Mii costumes and spirits are a different can of worms, since those are effectively bonuses).

Doing things differently isn't necessarily the same thing as breaking the "rules" that are laid down for releases that are planned for the same game.
He also said characters wouldnt get guns. He also said he didn't pick the characters and that nintendo did, but then the interview we saw says that he's the one that took care of that and he's a persona fan and everything.

You can stick to the plain stuff i fyou want. And it's not like im saying it's likely. I'm just saying there's possibilities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He also said characters wouldnt get guns. He also said he didn't pick the characters and that nintendo did, but then the interview we saw says that he's the one that took care of that and he's a persona fan and everything.

You can stick to the plain stuff i fyou want. And it's not like im saying it's likely. I'm just saying there's possibilities.
I thought that the guns thing was a fan-rule.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Should I pick Persona 5 for PS4 this month or wait to see how the new P5 games end up like?

I really want to try the game.
I would definitely wait and see if P5Royal is going to be sold as a solo copy game. If there is no expansion for people that already bought P5 that would be a waste of money for you for less content. So just wait until we get the full infos and then go ahead and buy Persona 5 Royal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would definitely wait and see if P5Royal is going to be sold as a solo copy game. If there is no expansion for people that already bought P5 that would be a waste of money for you for less content. So just wait until we get the full infos and go ahead and buy Persona 5 Royal.
Fair enough then.

At least I have Joker in Smash and Cuphead to kill some time while waiting for the P5Royal information.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I thought that the guns thing was a fan-rule.
No he said it when he was talking about explosives for snake.

Anyway, I just wanted to show examples where things changed than what people thought.

Also, i wouldn't count surprises out with sakurai.
I wouldn't count on them either tho :p

D

Deleted member

No he said it when he was talking about explosives for snake.

Anyway, I just wanted to show examples where things changed than what people thought.

Also, i wouldn't count surprises out with sakurai.
I wouldn't count on them either tho :p
I’ll basically wait and see what happens.

Because yes, anything is possible at this point with the Fighter Pass. As unexpected as it may be or not.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I mean, what you're expecting in this case is a result of false advertising.

Okay, let's suppose for a moment that this does happen. People expect 5 uniques, as it was said that the fighter pass would consist of. Then an Echo comes out of nowhere, and then angry and confused people end up calling him and Nintendo liars. Would the Echo be standalone? Free? Need to be bought? That's something that needs to be taken into consideration for those who aren't sold on the fighter pass if unknowns like that show up suddenly.

Character rules and DLC rules are not the same thing.

If nothing happens with the girl after next week's Persona event, we can lay this debate to rest. Again, I expect only an alt at most, it would take even less work than Echoes (especially given how long Joker took to make).

Last edited:
Top Bottom