• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

i really think it'll take place around/before april 15th, an honorary direct with reggie before he leaves
We're expecting this next Smash direct to be a fairly short one just letting us know what, exactly, is in the 3.0.0 update along with some Joker gameplay to hype us up for the release. And possibly a hint at the next DLC character. Reggie's never been involved in a Smash direct; why would he all of a sudden be given the hosting duties of a Direct for a series he has never advertised for? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense; honorary or otherwise.

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
We're expecting this next Smash direct to be a fairly short one just letting us know what, exactly, is in the 3.0.0 update along with some Joker gameplay to hype us up for the release. And possibly a hint at the next DLC character. Reggie's never been involved in a Smash direct; why would he all of a sudden be given the hosting duties of a Direct for a series he has never advertised for? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense; honorary or otherwise.
he's president of nintendo of america, i don't necessarily mean a smash bros. direct, but an in general one of which he's been part of before, which would include joker gameplay/info, since he's leaving on april 15th it would be a last opportunity to say goodbye to his fans, of which nintendo has traditionally communicated with through their directs

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is coincidental or anything, but remember how majority of the Nintendo Directs tend to be on Wednesdays and Thursdays? Well, assuming that Joker gets revealed at one, we still have 3 weeks wait left.

Funny thing is that the last Wednesday and Thursday of the month are April 24 and 25... the same days as the Persona concerts. Coincidental, possibly - the timing is still done in a way where Atlus would be free to reveal whatever supposed exclusive stuff they have in store first rather than have it just show up in Smash if it were the case.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've seen predictions for a direct on april 25th. We might have to be prepared keep ourselves occupied for most of the month.

And hope there's an off-chance earlier one. or other info for a possibility.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
so apparently I'm Hearing that Joker now shows up on the tips/hints character screen...

I have no idea why when he isn't even out yet

just seems like people are trolling extra hard when it comes to joker today....

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Remember when this place had 12 pages and then Joker was actually confirmed?

I remember.
I checked through the archived pages recently. It was approximately on page 12 that someone tempted fate by saying he'd be a never-ever, even though it's just been speculation at that point anyway.

so apparently I'm Hearing that Joker now shows up on the tips/hints character screen...

I have no idea why when he isn't even out yet

just seems like people are trolling extra hard when it comes to joker today....
Has anyone shown visual proof? I don't buy text.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
nope it seems like it was just a lie....People have been trolling extra hard today saying Joker's out when he really isn't

i honestly wish Joker was out so that the trolls wouldn't have any fuel to rile people up and I'd have something to hype me up for smash

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
nope it seems like it was just a lie....People have been trolling extra hard today saying Joker's out when he really isn't

i honestly wish Joker was out so that the trolls wouldn't have any fuel to rile people up and I'd have something to hype me up for smash
Protip: first thing you do in the morning is head to Nintendo Life and see if anything happened. Just ignore the trolls.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
still doesn't change the fact that the last new thing to this game was Piranha Plant near the end of January and he wasn't really as awesome as some had hoped

so the wait for joker has just become exhausting

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, just keep in mind that we're in the release window, it's not as far away as it used to be.

If all else fails, well you can play other games for a bit, I guess.
It's weird because we're getting so much closer compared to the wait up to now, but i cant really shake totally off some of the hype having been affected by the wait. Like, one week ago would've been perfect, especially if they'd had a smash direct mid-march or at least a few days before release.

I want to get back into the hype when i can tho :) Probably will be easier once we hear of a direct.

amageish

Smash Master
In any case it'll be a wonder if they won't be blacklisted in some manner in regards to early copies after all this blows over.
I mean, if memory serves, they also had a listing for Smash Brothers itself before it was announced. If you can leak Smash without being blacklisted, then I think you can probably get away with two games that have been heavily rumored and A Link to the Past...

It's weird because we're getting so much closer compared to the wait up to now, but i cant really shake totally off some of the hype having been affected by the wait. Like, one week ago would've been perfect, especially if they'd had a smash direct mid-march or at least a few days before release.

I want to get back into the hype when i can tho :) Probably will be easier once we hear of a direct.
Yeah... I mean, I'm fine waiting, but Best Buy having his render in a weekly catalogue really boosted my hopes of him being this week... Which it doesn't sound like it will be...

Also, random thought, would it be safe for them to shadowdrop Joker and the 3.0.0 update? As any character-related update will break everyone's replays, so wouldn't they be kind of morally expected to give advanced notice? I mean, they could just say "Some sort of update is coming" in a vague way, I suppose...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, if memory serves, they also had a listing for Smash Brothers itself before it was announced. If you can leak Smash without being blacklisted, then I think you can probably get away with two games that have been heavily rumored and A Link to the Past...

Yeah... I mean, I'm fine waiting, but Best Buy having his render in a weekly catalogue really boosted my hopes of him being this week... Which it doesn't sound like it will be...

Also, random thought, would it be safe for them to shadowdrop Joker and the 3.0.0 update? As any character-related update will break everyone's replays, so wouldn't they be kind of morally expected to give advanced notice? I mean, they could just say "Some sort of update is coming" in a vague way, I suppose...
Yeh there'll be a week's notice probably, so it's not within the next week. I also dont expect it to be a shadow drop.
I'm not quite optimistic for it being soon right now. But you guys keep hoping for it being soon for me if you want :)

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice

didn't they say that in the update yesterday

amageish

Smash Master
Yeh there'll be a week's notice probably, so it's not within the next week. I also dont expect it to be a shadow drop.
I'm not quite optimistic for it being soon right now. But you guys keep hoping for it being soon for me if you want :)
I mean, I think it is "soon," as we're in April now haha.

didn't they say that in the update yesterday
Say that the update would break people's replays? No. People were worried it would, but it didn't and they never said it would.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, I think it is "soon," as we're in April now haha.

Say that the update would break people's replays? No. People were worried it would, but it didn't and they never said it would.
That's what I mean, it's april but the end of the month feels far away :p
To me soon would be in the next 1-2 weeks. (n even 2 weeks is pushing it).

it's fine tho, i'll hype up when we're closer ;p

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
just this whole "He'll Be Out When He's Out" tactic just seems really really stupid....not everyone has their heads glued to video game websites and smash related forums at all times

if we had a legit date instead of "Uh Sometime In April" It'd be better than what we're dealing with now

Teeb147

Smash Legend
just this whole "He'll Be Out When He's Out" tactic just seems really really stupid....not everyone has their heads glued to video game websites and smash related forums at all times

if we had a legit date instead of "Uh Sometime In April" It'd be better than what we're dealing with now
I think most people dont think about it as much and just live their lives until news gets to them :p,not looking for the new stuff as much.

On my side I'm kind of unmotivated by a lot of stuff but invested in smash in a way, and dont 'really' have a true main so I'm really looking to playing a new character i might like.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think most people dont think about it as much and just live their lives until news gets to them :p,not looking for the new stuff as much.

On my side I'm kind of unmotivated by a lot of stuff but invested in smash in a way, and dont 'really' have a true main so I'm really looking to playing a new character i might like.
1313714621002.png

Anyway, I forgot to continue the countdown, 27 days left until the release window closes, yolo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6NOYTXRJzA

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Whether the direct is after the 25th or tommorow, at least we're in the final stretch. 3 weeks from now he'll be out regardless.

amageish

Smash Master
Right now, I'm just concerned about whether Reggie will receive a proper final bow out. That, and I got a medical check-up next week, but that's besides the point.
I hope he gets something, even if it is prerecorded and airs after he leaves...

Also, obviously joke about Doug Bowser kidnapping someone in his first Direct.

Top Bottom