• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi.

Zzedeez

Smash Rookie
I'm actually completely new to this site and I made this thread to try and get used to it. I started playing Smash in 2012 and started with Brawl. In 2014, after getting Smash 4 on my 3ds I got interested in the other games in the series and eventually found out about the competitive side of the games in 2016. And that's a bit about me.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here or here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Zzedeez

Smash Rookie
Is that for wii U or wii? Cuz, again, all i have is a wii
You can get it for Wii and wiiu, but if you get the Wii version, you have to get either a classic controller or GameCube controller to play. You got to download it before the wii shop ends in 2019 which it will end its service though.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
You can get it for Wii and wiiu, but if you get the Wii version, you have to get either a classic controller or GameCube controller to play. You got to download it before the wii shop ends in 2019 which it will end its service though.
Very interesting. Question: how do you know that the wii shop service will end in 2019?

Zzedeez

Smash Rookie
How to get project M?
Before getting Project M, Homebrew your Wii first. If you already have, search Project Mirror (Since the developers were afraid of getting sued by Nintendo, they took it out of their site.) and get the 3.6 build and extract to the root of an SD card.

Last edited:

Zzedeez

Smash Rookie
There's a site called Letterbomb. Go on it and there should be boxes to type stuff in. Type in your MAC address, which is found in your Wii system settings, and choose your Wii system version (if it's not listed then update your Wii) and proceed to click Cut Red/Blue wire (shouldn't matter which you click) then you should extract the downloaded .zip file to the root of an SD card. When finished, place SD card in your Wii and go to your wii's messages. There should be mail with a bomb attached. Click it and it should boot up a screen. Wait a bit and click the option to install Homebrew channel. Once it's finished congrats! Homebrew is now on your Wii. Choose the Project M app (If you downloaded it) with Brawl in your Wii and play Project M.

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
You don’t need to homebrew your wii to get project m, but I still definitely recommend to hack your wii

Zzedeez

Smash Rookie
I downloaded Project Mirror hackless, and put it on my 1 gig sd card, put it on my wii, deleted all my custom stages.... and it still didn't work
I don't know what went wrong. It could be because of your SD card or system version. For now, I suggest looking at tutorials on YouTube or somewhere.

Brdwthacgr

Smash Rookie
I'm actually completely new to this site and I made this thread to try and get used to it. I started playing Smash in 2012 and started with Brawl. In 2014, after getting Smash 4 on my 3ds I got interested in the other games in the series and eventually found out about the competitive side of the games in 2016. And that's a bit about me.
which game are you looking to play competitively?

Brdwthacgr

Smash Rookie
Melee or Smash 4. I might also do Project M since Melee and Project M's Physics are similar.
when starting out, two best things to do is stick to one game and stick to one character. go to locals often or find some diverse buddies to play with consistently.

Brdwthacgr

Smash Rookie
It said 2 gigs OR LESS

It said 2 gigs OR LESS
thats not what i heard. but do you know how to start project m? going into brawl and then selecting the stage creator tool or something like that? i dont remember exactly how to do it but you dont just launch the game

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
I believe 2GB or less size SD cards work. Project M is just like 500MB

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
I did the stage builder exploit thing. It didn't work and I don't know why. Maybe I'll try an WiiBrand (alternate hackless method)
Did you delete your custom stages and format your SD card to FAT32? (Some SD cards are FAT32 by default)

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Custom stages deleted, but I don;t know about the format. However, I flippin' lost my 1 gig sd card, so I am using the other hackless method for sd cards bigger thatn 2 gigs

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Ok... This time I tried using a larger sd card, so I used letterbomb exploit (hackmii bundle unchecked), AND IT STILL DID'NT WORK

I'm about to die. How do I play project M? (hackless)

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
Just homebrew your wii if everything else fails, you’ll get Project M and a lot more!

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
Pretty much the same thing, only that you leave checked bundle with hackmii installer (and make sure your SD card is empty).
You can follow a tutorial on YouTube to see it step-by-step.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much the same thing, only that you leave checked bundle with hackmii installer (and make sure your SD card is empty).
You can follow a tutorial on YouTube to see it step-by-step.
Hottest update! I got PM to work hackless with letterbomb exploit, but it always crashes on startup. Whenever I get to the screen that says "...wrist strap to control hype", It crashes immediately after. So, PM works, its just crashes before I can do anything. Now what to do?

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
You might what to try the other PM downloads (make sure you download the recent version, which is the memory fix for 3.6),
If you’ve tried all of them, check if you extracted the files correctly. You could also try other Project M builds like LegacyTE if they don’t work.

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
Congrats, Enjoy Project M!
Remember to Secure your Wrist Strap to contain Hype

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396
Yea, it took me some time to get used to it, but it gets easier.

Top Bottom