• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi! Long time lurker and washed-up TO, finally made an account.

LimewireSSB

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm a former TO from NorCal who's finally decided to join Smashboards. While I haven’t been around as much as I used to be, I still try to be involved as much as I can, with my latest effort being the 6th NorCal Melee Arcadian. A lot of my involvement with the community has been through Facebook, but I've come to realize that it's more of a common thing to not use that website (at least, from a handful of the newer players that only started going to tournaments recently). I guess the most important tournament I've worked on was a local that took place right before Genesis 3 in 2016, which gave us the first glimpse of players such as Ranai and Komorikiri playing outside of Japan for the first time. Grand finals of that event can be found here btw.

I'm not really too active in the scene anymore ever since I started pharmacy school, which has been a major accomplishment for me. Just recently, I launched a survey study aimed at examining gamers of all types, gaming behaviors, and any medications/supplements that are used. I'm planning on posting this survey on the site in the upcoming week. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know and I’ll be happy to address them. In any case, thank you for your help.

Emil Urbano, PharmD candidate
Touro University California
emilpaul.urbano@tu.edu

LimewireSSB

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone! ... I'll figure out where to start posting my survey link in a bit, but I'm glad to be here.

Hi, I'm a former TO from NorCal who's finally decided to join Smashboards. While I haven’t been around as much as I used to be, I still try to be involved as much as I can, with my latest effort being the 6th NorCal Melee Arcadian. A lot of my involvement with the community has been through Facebook, but I've come to realize that it's more of a common thing to not use that website (at least, from a handful of the newer players that only started going to tournaments recently). I guess the most important tournament I've worked on was a local that took place right before Genesis 3 in 2016, which gave us the first glimpse of players such as Ranai and Komorikiri playing outside of Japan for the first time. Grand finals of that event can be found here btw.

I'm not really too active in the scene anymore ever since I started pharmacy school, which has been a major accomplishment for me. Just recently, I launched a survey study aimed at examining gamers of all types, gaming behaviors, and any medications/supplements that are used. I'm planning on posting this survey on the site in the upcoming week. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know and I’ll be happy to address them. In any case, thank you for your help.

Emil Urbano, PharmD candidate
Touro University California
emilpaul.urbano@tu.edu
Hey Emil! Welcome to the boards :239:

Top Bottom