• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi, I'm Gimpyfish.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Hey Gimpyfish, I'm quite a big fan of yours! However, there's always been something I've been meaning to ask. Earlier in history, you've been quoted as saying that Bowser is unplayable in Brawl, yet he's much higher on the tier list than he was in Melee (even though the matchup between Bowser and Samus, one of the worst characters, is almost 100:0 in Samus's favor). Please ignore the fact that Brawl is an extremely bad game. Anyway, the question is do you still stand behind that original statement?

Stevo

Smash Champion
no, unfortunately I have played smash bros since the 64 version came out, and therefore do not enjoy brawl. I got through the single player and thats about it. I still play melee.

I also explained Gimpy's feelings with what I said, it was only partial trolling.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I say it because Bowser isn't in the game - as soon as you pick him and start the game it changes you to some part dog part machine stuffed animal plush doll

Clearly not Bowser

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'm E-102 Gamma.

I started playing as Bowser after I lost to a friend at church (yes, church. They have a Gamecube with SSBM downstairs at their youth building :grin:) whom I considered myself to be a better player than while playing as him. I couldn't stand it. From that day on, I was determined to get better at Bowser to a point where my friend could no longer beat me.

I read DecadentOne's GameFAQs guide on Bowser and went looking for videos of good Bowser players, eventually finding Gimpyfish's various SSBM videos. I started playing almost exclusively as Bowser, so much so that now, for better or for worse, he's my main.

I now play at least passably as Bowser. Not tournament-good, but I win most of the matches I play now.

Bowser is my main, but I will play as any character in the game. It has always been my goal to be able to play as any character in the game at least passably well. I would often have my friends choose my character for me, and I would still usually win, regardless of which character I'm assigned. I will say, though, that I'm not very good as Mewtwo, Samus, or Peach.

I registered a few days ago mostly to work on my Marth matchup. Marth is a rather nasty character to play against as Bowser if you don't know what you're doing, and he's also probably the single most-played-as character among my friends at church. :rolleyes:

Another thing I could use some help with is dealing with crowds. Most (read: all) Bowser videos I've found have always been in 1-on-1 environments. Things get a lot harder, though, when another player or two enters the picture. I usually end up getting double-teamed or even triple-teamed at least once during the course of each match. Bowser does not seem to handle multiple opponents very well.

Anywho, there's a 'brief' history explaining why I'm here. I realize this isn't exactly the right thread to be asking for advice in, and I don't expect any from here. I will be asking in the appropriate thread when I figure out which one it is. In the mean time, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
tournaments are 1v1 or 2v2, so do whatever for 1v1v1 or 1v1v1v1.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Bowser is my main, but I will play as any character in the game. It has always been my goal to be able to play as any character in the game at least passably well. I would often have my friends choose my character for me, and I would still usually win, regardless of which character I'm assigned. I will say, though, that I'm not very good as Mewtwo, Samus, or Peach.
Ever heard the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none"? It's a shame that the three chars you don't like are some classic goodies... :p

LittleBoyLarry

Smash Journeyman
A live stream with host, PEEF. It happens every two weeks on Thursday. They have at least 4 or 5 people that go on and talk about smash related things. They're pretty interesting.

:phone:

Sane.

Smash Cadet
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

but a turd by the name of rose does not inherit it's scent
I actually prefer Brawl Bowser over Melee Bowser, lol. >_> *hides from gimpy*

Doesn't matter though cuz Brawl is bad.

Top Bottom