• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi i have been asked to ask a question in a forum for college,

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonerum

Smash Rookie
my question is, would you agree that video games and the actions within them can impact the audience, to either completely replicate the actions or copy characteristics. (Namely violent tendencies)

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
my question is, would you agree that video games and the actions within them can impact the audience, to either completely replicate the actions or copy characteristics. (Namely violent tendencies)
I most certainly do. In fact, I would not limit this to video games. ANYTHING that enters a person's eyes I believe will have an impact on their day to day behaviour, especially if it is a stimulus or suggestion that is willfully entertained. That said, it is important not to understate the predominance of accountability for one's actions in the expected outcomes of behaviours or actions that are inspired by media such as video games.

Resolve_beta

Smash Rookie
tbh I think that video games are heathly but if ur playing something like cod and ur mentally ill u could imitate. monkey see monkey do. Only the way video games are implemented cause a change in behavior. And why is this the first message u did.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yes and no. Video Games definitely influence us. There is no direct correlation with content and criminal activity, however any more than any piece of human ingenuity and entertainment may have. Since crimes were first blamed on the influence of rock music it's been generally recognized by almost everyone that art and entertainment are -reflections- of the Human Condition, not the other way around.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
everything influences us but i think that videogames with Violence (from Mario to COD) Allow us to hurt/Kill in an enviroment where it isnt damaging i mean we are relativly violent animals after all

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I haven't started jumping on turtles yet.
Though, one time, I was playing Smash 4 with my little cousins once. I was playing as my Mii and did a down Smash, KO'ing them both at once, so I stood up and replicated the down Smash, and it ripped my denim pants.
20210301_023800.gif

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
This debate has been going on since the days of comic books, it's been debunked over and over to the point it's now annoying. The kids who grew up playing Mortal Kombat and college students who played Modern Warfare with their friends are now old enough to start families and they didn't turn into violent sociopaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom