• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I'm Chocolat and i'm mostly starting this acc bc of UT. I played all the smash games a lot as a kid (4 not so much) but with the new game it looks promising and I could probably get back into playing lots of smash with this one. I never played any smash games competeively, and probably won't with UT, but I'll still be playing/hyped enough to wanna talk about it.

Favourite chars

64: Fox, Luigi
Melee: Luigi, Fox, Peach
Brawl: Luigi, Wolf/Fox, Lucario
4: Luigi, Sonic, Duck Hunt, Palutena

Hitting Luigi's UpB is the most satisfying thing in the history of smash and he has funny taunts

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You'll probably enjoy hitting Luigi's UpB in Ultimate more thanks to the new effects they're adding to landing big moves/finishers.

Welcome to Smashboards, Chocolat. Your name makes me want to go out and get some ice cream since I initially read it as "Gelato" rather than "Gelgato".

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Chocolat and ChocolatGelato are always taken so im used to the gato part now. Yeah honestly the funniest thing is gonna be watching jiggly rest on ppl because there will be a dramatic freeze frame shot on her just closing her eyes

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Gelgato has its own special ring to it, so it works.

I assume you plan on using Luigi as a main once again in Smash Ultimate? You seem like you might be the loyalist type.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I'll be trying a lot of characters, as almost everyone has had changes and looks like a lot of characters have been buffed up, I think some characters i'm eh on before will become new favourites. I'll probably still have luigi in but I wanna try Yoshi (I almost like him in 4), Bowser Jr, Pikachu and Inkling in particular. Maybe Pokemon Trainer, not being garbo makes that character look pretty interesting.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah. Pokemon Trainer being able to switch freely and not having to worry about fatigue is a pretty big deal. I suspect many people will mainly fight with Squirtle and switch up to Charizard when in need of KO power and recovery, but we'll see.

I'll be sticking to Ganondorf, Wolf, Falco, and Ike. Though I do plan on giving Shulk another shot as well. He was the newcomer I really wanted to see in Smash 4 (alongside Robin), but I didn't enjoy Smash 4 much, so I never really got the chance to use him. Certain potential newcomers might cause me to change my mind, but until I get confirmation, those are my starting five.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
i didn't enjoy 4 much either, due to personal reasons (ie no one i know likes smash these days) I still play the game when i'm in the mood for smash over the older games, but it ain't great. I think melee's the funnest one even without the tech stuff i dont understand whatsoever, but UT seems to kind to bring some of that experience back, still probably not as fast nor have the tech stuff, but with more characters, online and stuff i probably wont even notice it myself.

EDIT: also my wii sensor bar is broken so even if i wanted to play them i cant

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think I was done with 4 a week or two after it launched on Wii U and I haven't picked it back up since. I would check out some tournament streams and gameplay on YouTube every now and then, but that was about it. Melee is my favorite official Smash release, and Project Melee is my favorite overall experience. It seems that Ultimate looks to bring some of that feel back, so I'm very interested in it. Wolf being back and Ganondorf looking like he's returning to Melee form is honestly enough to get me to play it.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here for all discussion about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman:Name changes :starman: Bigger signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman:Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum:starman:
:starman:Support the Smash community and sign up today!:starman:

Top Bottom