• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hey guys I have a idea that might change how we see smash forever.

Sinned

Smash Rookie
What would it take to make an iso /or make dolpin capability just for this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9609Lfch4Us

Then after that you can take this idea to twitch and let every smash fight with the pros be with this type of camera allowing all people to see the game from every angle anyway the person wants it.
Then if we add a spectator mode to dolphin we can have the same controls

What if we had another kind of twitch video where the spectator controls one video and then there is another screen free for the user to control https://youtu.be/I0cQ00cBuw0

I have no idea how you can implement this but this can be revolutionary to the viewership of material in this sense

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't really see it working for Smash. DOTA2 uses a 3D map while Smash is a 2D platformer fighter. Plus 360° view wasn't made in mind on the Smash stages as many stages were only detailed enough to show what can been seen from the pause screen's camera.

D

Deleted member

Dolphin already has the ability to use a completely different camera to scroll around and see stuff you can't see normally. You can also uses cheat codes for both Melee and Brawl to remove the pause camera limits. Spectator mode would have to be shoved right into the game and nobody would even know how to do that unless your one of those handy-with-computers 20xx people.

And yeah... with how the camera in battle is right now, it's not bad. So we have not a need for this whole 360 camera thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Don't really see it working for Smash. DOTA2 uses a 3D map while Smash is a 2D platformer fighter. Plus 360° view wasn't made in mind on the Smash stages as many stages were only detailed enough to show what can been seen from the pause screen's camera.
I mean there could be some work to fix the detail.
I just think if I was watching twitch and I saw 2 pros playing It would be really fun and engaging to the watcher for them to control the camera.
If you wanted you could watch combos upside down or diagnol or many other ways. It could allow stuff we do not see usually to be seen. I mean you can say that but there is videos like this being made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDpc8l8N_6w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiVI9BXTeTA with time the quality of this type of stuff will improve.

Sinned

Smash Rookie
Dolphin already has the ability to use a completely different camera to scroll around and see stuff you can't see normally. You can also uses cheat codes for both Melee and Brawl to remove the pause camera limits. Spectator mode would have to be shoved right into the game and nobody would even know how to do that unless your one of those handy-with-computers 20xx people.

And yeah... with how the camera in battle is right now, it's not bad. So we have not a need for this whole 360 camera thing.
I think with a few tweaks the camera style could be turned into this 360 style and someone could have at different 360 views just like in the main game where you could switch from this to that. I am not saying the camera is not bad. I actually love the camera. I am saying it would provide a new option to those who would be interested in this type of stuff. I watched a couple of video game 360 vids and I was like if you really get deep like this you could make the camera angles like the stuff you would see on professional sports, it would show deeper analysis of the game. Like seeing the direct angle that a tech or punish happens. Plus with the watcher/announcer/commentator having the direct control the person that is watching can choose how they want to see the gameplay, so it would be a win win for watchers.
Damn no i am not handy with computers at all like that. Maybe one day people will take the time to do spectator mode.

Top Bottom