• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Hey baby! How's it going?" - Rhythm Heaven's Karate Joe for Smash Ultimate!

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet

Karate Joe, the pot punching karate man, is a notable character from Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven franchise, appearing as a playable character in every series entry to date. He trains himself, punching and kicking to the beat of the music. Rhythm Heaven is a series that has gotten little inclusion in Smash in any form, only having five trophies, two songs, and an enemy in Smash Run; the Sneaky Spirits. I think that we need representative from Rhythm Heaven as a playable character in Smash, and I feel that Karate Joe is the best choice.

Note: Rhythm Heaven is not a very story driven series, but even so, this thread contains spoilers. If you have yet to play through all the Rhythm Heaven games and want to remain surprised throughout your entire experience, then I recommend you avoid looking at this thread until you’re done.

Why Karate Joe?
Rhythm Heaven is a series filled to the brim with tons of zany characters. With so many characters, it may lead you to wonder why I feel Karate Joe is the best pick for Smash. Well, here are some reasons why I think he's the best choice.

(Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to say that other Rhythm Heaven characters aren't viable for Smash. Most other Rhythm Heaven characters I see suggested for Smash I think could actually work quite well. I'm just giving my reasoning as to why I think Karate Joe would be the best choice in terms of representation of the series as a whole.)​

He's playable in every Rhythm Heaven game to date

Each Rhythm Heaven game has fresh ideas, with each minigame having their own unique cast of characters. That said, not many characters are mainstays because of it. Karate Joe is one of the few characters that have remained playable in each Rhythm Heaven game. Many other Rhythm Heaven characters I see suggested for Smash have not appeared as playable characters in every entry like Karate Joe has.​
The Chorus Kids, for example, have only appeared playable in Rhythm Heaven on DS and Rhythm Heaven Megamix on 3DS. Marshal, who shares the same design of a Chorus Kid, appeared as a tutorial character and as a playable character in the credits game of Rhythm Heaven Fever on Wii. So, you could count this as another instance of The Chorus Kids making a playable appearance. However, The Chorus Kids had no appearance at all in the first game in the series, the Japan exclusive Rhythm Tengoku for GBA. Karate Joe on the other hand has been playable in all four Rhythm Heaven games to date.​
I feel like playable appearances are something that not many people consider when it comes to Rhythm Heaven characters for Smash. I personally feel that it's important to keep this in mind. What I like to consider are the people who may have only played through one of the Rhythm Heaven games. Imagine there is a person in Japan who has only played through Rhythm Tengoku; if they saw The Chorus Kids or Marshal in Smash, they wouldn't know who it is even though have played one of the games in the franchise. With Karate Joe, you wouldn't have this problem.​
He's an important character in the series
Karate Joe is arguably the most important character in the Rhythm Heaven franchise. He's the playable character in the first minigame of both Rhythm Tengoku on GBA (which would also make him the first playable character of the entire franchise) and Rhythm Heaven Megamix on 3DS. He's also the playable character of the last main minigame of both Rhythm Heaven on DS and Rhythm Heaven Fever on Wii. In addition he's the playable character of the first post-game minigame in Rhythm Tengoku, the last post-game minigame in Rhythm Heaven Fever, is playable in a total 23 minigames/remixes across the entire series (25 if you count the arcade version of Rhythm Tengoku), has 4 of his own minigames in Rhythm Heaven Megamix alone, and has had several cameos across the series. Karate Joe is definitely one of the most prominent characters of the franchise, and anyone who's played through a Rhythm Heaven game will recognize him.​

Moveset
When I see other people who suggest Karate Joe as a character for Smash, I notice that oftentimes people will only take inspiration from Karate Joe's own minigames for his Smash moveset. I do think that could work, but I think it'd be better if his moveset took inspiration from his own minigames as well as many others from across the franchise, sort of like how Mr. Game & Watch takes inspiration from all sorts of different Game & Watch games. It'd be a waste not to use the creative concepts of all these different minigames! Here are some of my ideas for a moveset.

• Overall, I think he'd be a very timing reliant fighter, requiring multiple button presses and precise timing between those button presses to use his moves to their fullest potential. Lack of timing or button presses won't do much for you, much like the Rhythm Heaven series itself. But mastering the timings for each move could make you a formidable fighter!
  • His Recovery/Up Special could be based off the See-Saw minigame. It would create a see-saw beneath you and one of the characters from that game, either See or Saw (very clever names :smirk:), would appear above the other side, give an audio cue, and launch you upwards. Pressing the Specials button a second time when See or Saw are about to land, much like you would in the minigame, will launch you higher. If your timing is good, you'll launch fairly high, but if your timing is bad or you fail to perform the second button press, you won't launch very high.
  • His Neutral Special could be based off his own Karate Man minigames, where Karate Joe is punching pots, large rocks, light bulbs, barrels, and more! Using it would throw a pot in front of you and give an audio cue. Pressing the Specials button a second time will make you punch it. Depending on how accurate the timing on your second button press is will effect how far the pot you punch goes and how much damage it does when it hits an opponent. Failing to perform the second button press will cause it fly past you into the background, but it can still hit an opponent who's right in front of you and deal a small amount of damage. It could also have small chances of the pot being something else, much like Peach's turnips. It could have rarer chances of being a light bulb which deals a bit more damage, a rock which deals a good amount of damage, a cooking pot which does a bit more damage and stuns opponents for a moment, a barrel which would break into a bunch of pieces that'd deal small amounts of damage, and a barrel with a bomb inside which would give a different audio cue and require a third button press after the second to kick the bomb that falls out, which would lob when kicked and explode to deal a ton of damage. Failing to press the button a third time will cause the bomb to fall in front of you and deal damage to yourself instead.
  • His Down Special could make The Chorus Kids from the Glee Club minigame appear in front of him, which Karate Joe would conduct with a baton like The Conductor from the minigame. To use this move correctly, you have to continue to hold down the Specials button and wait for the audio cue ("Together now!") to release it, which will cause The Chorus Kids yell in unison and will cause a circular outward push (similar to Mario's F.L.U.D.D. water push) that only effects opponents and pushes them away from The Chorus Kids/Karate Joe. The effectiveness of this push depends on the timing of the button release. If your timing is good, the radius of the push is fairly big. If your timing is bad, the push is a lot smaller. If your timing is way off, then there's no push at all.
  • His Side Special could be based off of the Samurai Slice minigames. Using it will have Karate Joe unsheathe a sword and hold it at his side, similar to how The Wandering Samurai from the minigames would. When you begin to unsheathe the sword it'll make an audio cue and at the end of the unsheathe animation, if you press the Specials button again, you'll slice the air in front of you. If the timing on the second button press is good, you can slice through physical projectiles or items coming your way, destroying them and leaving you unharmed. If your timing is bad, you won't slice the air at all and you would have just left yourself venerable during the the animation. The slice only does an average amount of damage when trying to hit opponents directly with it.
  • There is so much potential inspiration for his standard attacks that it's impossible for me to decide which ones are best. His Neutral Combo could be based off Figure Fighter, his up Smash could be based off The Clappy Trio, his Down Smash could be based off Crop Stomp, his Forward Smash could have him swinging a guitar like the ones in Rockers or Big Rock Finish, his Down Tilt could be based on Space Dance, his Side Tilt could be based off of Lockstep, his up tilt could be based off of the kick performed in Double Date, his Forward Air could be based on Air Rally, his Back Air on Rhythm Rally, his Down Air on Tap Trial, his Up Air on Catchy Tune, his Neutral Air on Bunny Hop, and so on. His Roll could be based on the flipper rolls in Flipper Flop, and Shielding could even have him holding out a Widget from Built to Scale! There are just so many minigames you could take inspiration from that it's hard for me to even decide on one example, and I'm sure there are even better ideas for moves that I haven't even thought of!
  • I have two ideas for Karate Joe's Final Smash. The first (and less interesting) idea is "Earnest" (本気 Honki) based off of Rhythm Tengoku's Remix 8, and using it will make the "本気" text appear for a moment when it's initiated, and cast a dark shadow onto Karate Joe for a short time. During this time your attacks will automatically be timed perfectly. Also, your Neutral Special will always throw rocks when you use it during this time. This Final Smash would work similar to how Wario Man and Mega Lucario do in Smash 4, where they become more powerful for a short amount of time.
  • My second idea is for Karate Joe's Final Smash is "Remix 10" or "Final Remix" where using it will make Karate Joe perform his combo move he uses in Rhythm Heaven Fever, and any players hit by it would be launched up to Rhythm Heaven where a bunch of characters from the series would be and would all fly by and attack the opponents brought there, similar to how Duck Hunt's and Shulk's Final Smashes work.

Special Move Visualizations

(Sorry for how sloppy my art is. I did all of it with a mouse and I'm not a great artist to begin with. Hopefully though this gives you a better image of my ideas!)

Appearance & Costumes
Another thing I see commonly associated with Rhythm Heaven fighters for Smash is them being 2D in-game like Mr. Game & Watch. I'm not really sure how people came to this consensus, since Rhythm Heaven is no stranger to 3D graphics (granted, not nearly as often as their 2D graphics, but either way 3D graphics in Rhythm Heaven isn't a foreign concept) and other characters have been translated to 3D to be fighters in Smash. Pit never had an official/finalized 3D model until he appeared in Brawl, so I don't see why Rhythm Heaven characters couldn't do the same.

I personally would prefer if Karate Joe was in Smash, he'd get translated into 3D. Kinda like how the Space Dancers were translated to 3D as the Paddlers from Rhythm Rally. (Specifically their models in Megamix, which are really sleek and capture their original style extremely well.) I feel like we could get a really nice looking 3D model for Karate Joe if they go with that sort of style for Smash. In the long run, it doesn't really matter to me whether he's 2D or 3D. But if it were up to me, I'd pick 3D.

As for alternate costumes, I've made a simplistic mockup of what Karate Joe's could look like. A lot of people have already made similar mockups for Karate Joe, but I wanted to try my own hand at it. Hope you guys like it! (It took a lot longer to make than I'd like to admit...)

These are all the ideas I had for alternate costumes. They're all based on appearances Karate Joe has made in the franchise. Those who are familiar with the series likely know what these are based off of, but for those who don't, you can click the spoiler for explanations of each.

• The White costume would be his default. This is how he most commonly appears throughout the franchise and in most promotional art.
  • The Blue costume is based off the second most common way he's portrayed, most notably in Rhythm Heaven DS and Rhythm Heaven Fever. I put it as the second costume because of this.
  • The Orange costume is based off of his appearance in Rhythm Heaven Fever's Karate Man 2 and Rhythm Heaven Megamix's Karate Man Combos! (which is a port of Fever's first Karate Man with the color scheme of Fever's Karate Man 2)
  • The Yellow costume is based off of his appearance in Rhythm Heaven DS's Karate Man 2.
  • The Gray costume is based off of his appearance in Rhythm Heaven Fever's Remix 9.
  • The Player 1 and Player 2 costumes are based off of Rhythm Heaven Fever's 2 Player version of Karate Man.
  • The Tempo Up costume is based off of his appearance in the Rhythm Tengoku Arcade exclusive minigame, Karate Man Tempo Up!
  • The Remix 6 costume is based off of his appearance in Rhythm Heaven DS's Remix 6.
  • The Remix 7 costume is based off of his appearance in Rhythm Heaven Fever's Remix 7.
  • The Honeybee Remix outfit is based off Rhythm Heaven Megamix's Honeybee Remix.
  • The Father outfit is based on Karate Joe's Father.

Home Stage
Every fighter needs their own home stage (unless you're R.O.B. who is practically begging for a stage at this point), and with all the different minigames in the series, there are quite a few different things you could do for a stage. Here are a few ideas for Rhythm Heaven stages I have.

Mamarin Palace
(Tibby's Mom)

(If anyone can get a full image of this with the surrounding area included, please let me know. I couldn't find one)

This is a bit of a strange choice for a stage, but I think it could work well in Smash. Rhythm Heaven's minigames tend to focus more on the characters than the environments surrounding them, meaning there aren't many distinct singular areas in the series. Rhythm Heaven Megamix is the only game in the series to have a story and different environments for the menus. In my opinion, I find Mamarin Palace, the final area of the game, to be the most unique. Tibby, the mascot character and protagonist of Rhythm Heaven Megamix, is a part of a species of creatures that grow into palaces when they get older. Tibby's Mom is a living palace in Heaven World known as the Mamarin Palace, who you attempt to help in the final stretch of the game.

I think Mamarin Palace could make for a good stage, where you're fighting in front of the palace, and you can jump up the Left-Hand and Right-Hand Towers and on top of Tibby's Mom, similar to how you would scale the Tomodachi Life and Luigi's Mansion stages. Tibby's Mom's expressions also could change depending on where fighters are standing and what they're doing. There could also be some of the characters from Megamix's story cheering in the background, such as Tibby, Boondog, Donna, Trey, Bertram, Betty, Colin, The Gatekeeper Trio, ect. There could even be some stage hazards, like the cars from Freeze Frame and the Rhythm Rockets from Launch Party.

Remix Stage

latest.png

A stage based off of the remixes of Rhythm Heaven could be really cool. It could work like how Flat Zone 2 and Flat Zone X does with it's different Game & Watch games, taking you from one minigame to the next. It could be just the different areas from the minigames, or it could even be in the midst of the minigames, with the characters for each doing what they'd normally do in the Rhythm Heaven series, but could damage you at the same time. For example, if Blue Birds were included in this stage, when they "Peck their beaks" it'd damage any players who are close enough to get hit by the pecks. (Probably didn't have to explain that one, but whatever.) This could make for some very interesting scenarios, needing you to avoid characters and objects on the stage with the minigames' different audio cues serving as warnings.​

Music
A big part of Rhythm Heaven is... well, it's music! There certainly is a lot to work with when it comes to Smash remixes and covers of Rhythm Heaven music. Here are some different ideas for Smash music if Karate Joe were to be included.

Karate Man Medley

If Karate Joe were in Smash, he HAS to have some of his iconic themes included! I think the best thing they could do is make a medley cover of Karateka, Struck by the Rain, and Lonely Storm. I'm no composer, but I think these three could work really well together in a cover track, similar to tracks like Mega Man 2 Medley and Mario Paint Medley from Smash 4 (two of my favorite Smash tracks ever), but with their respective vocals included as well.

Rhythm Tengoku, Rhythm Heaven (DS),
Rhythm Heaven Fever, and Rhythm Heaven Megamix Medleys

Similar to my last idea, I think there should be medley covers for each Rhythm Heaven title. It's probably a bit unrealistic to have a medley for each of the four entries in the franchise, but if it were to happen I think it'd be fantastic. There are so many different songs in each Rhythm Heaven that they could use, so it'd be hard for me to come up with an idea for a medley on par with Smash's. I think there would probably be four to six songs incorporated into each medley, starting with the main theme of each game. I was going to list a few tracks from each game that I think would be good for a medley, but there are far too many songs I like from each, so I can't bring myself to narrow it down. :p But I'm sure Nintendo could compose some great medleys given all the tracks they have to work with.

Victory Theme:
Karate Man Prologue

In every Rhythm Heaven game, all of Karate Joe's minigames open with the same jingle.

I think this should definitely be Karate Joe's victory theme, and maybe incorporate some other song elements into it that give off that distinct Rhythm Heaven vibe. Maybe incorporate the last few notes of Rhythm Heaven Fever's Wii Channel theme or something along those lines.​

Other People's Ideas!
I've already given all my ideas, so now I want to hear yours! Feel free to share your own ideas for Karate Joe in Smash on this thread, and I might even add them to this section! Here are some of my favorite ideas/works of Karate Joe in Smash!

Smash Bros. styled Karate Joe by ZacharyZachH
(This is more of a general Rhythm Heaven character, but it uses Karate Joe and a Chorus Kid as the basis, so I thought it was worth including here. Plus, I just think this is really cool and I love Kevin's art.)

Hippopotasauce said:
1. The entire moveset is Karate-inspired.
Some Rhythm Heaven fans have scorn for this because of how it doesn't really well-represent the entirety of the Rhythm Heaven games. This is something I understand, but with over a year of thought, I think a more traditional fighter would work better and just have more appeal than another fighter who attacks with "things" like Villager and G&W. Karate has a wide range of move to pull inspiration from, and I think it would probably end up looking aesthetically better than him fighting with a bunch of objects. However-
2. The moveset takes inspiration and objects from the different minigames in Rhythm Heaven.
This was the first idea that came to me and the one I stuck to the most. Really, it is probably the best way you could represent Rhythm Heaven as a single character and fans would love all the easter eggs they could cram into him. However, I don't believe in characters as "reps" and instead as fighters, and I just think the idea is too weird to work, and it doesn't exactly cover any new ground like a Karate moveset would. Some people may prefer this way of doing things, but I've gravitated away from it over time.
Hippopotasauce said:
SPECIAL MOVES

While the standards, smashes, grabs, etc. could work whatever they decide on, there are a couple moves that I think should be in his moveset. So whether they go with the karate or the rhythm heaven-based moveset, these are the special moves I think he should have.

Standard B - Hit 3: Karate Joe punches in front of him, which sends projectiles to the opponent in a high but short arc. Holding the B button causes him to hit up to 3 total, taking about 1.5 seconds for him to hit all of them. These projectiles can also fall of the stage and hit people offstage. A pot does standard hit damage and isn't particularly special. They can also be picked up if they land on the ground, but will disappear when another pot is spawn. The second punch results in a lightbulb, which does less damage than a pot, but leaves opponents stunned. The third punch is a rock, which does the most damage and also meteor smashes opponents in the air.
Down B - Combo: If you're within range of the opponent, trap them in a combo that would work similar to Marth's dancing blade. The final hit can knock them back in any direction you choose. However, if you miss, you go completely helpless, so be careful.
Side B - Bomb: Another projectile, but while the the standard B is more vertical with a small arc, the Bomb is more horizontal with a larger arc. Karate Joe crouches down and kicks a bomb forward. Opponents are hit with very much knockback and damage. However, it has a decent amount of start-up lag, so use it when you know you can get a hit.
Up B - Barrel Explosion: Now this is a move I've just invented on my own, he doesn't have a lot of choices for recoveries. A Barrel appears around Karate Joe and then explodes, blasting him upwards. Shrapnel from the explosion can also damage enemies. It has a lot of vertical range, but very little horizontal range, so know when to use it.

A move I came up with was Space Soccer/Double Date; first input he starts to bounce a random ball (Soccer/foot/basket) from knee to knee on, changing each bounce. Second input punches it forward. Soccer bounces low and far, basket ball bounces high and close, football alternates between the two patterns. Maybe it could be a variant of his pot-punch?
That sort of attack kind of captures what I think his moveset would be. Moves that catch you offguard. You know how Charizard's Flare Blitz spends so long charging some people dodge into it? That sort of thing. The timing of his attacks use offbeats, skipped beats etc to catch people off, hit people as they come out of dodges. I thought it'd be the best way to carry over his rhythm aspect.

Image enhanced by me. Original unedited photo.

Sorry its a bit cluttered, i tried to include the names of each thing a move references

The only move here that wouldn't be a minigame is "Skill Star" as Down B. and I thought of the idea where Skill Star functions as a counter move, but instead of a strong retaliation, it powers you up for a short period

also, any move with a (1)(2) is a 2 part attack with 2 different hitboxes

also excuse the giant coverup on the skill star, I originally had a different Idea fo a move but I thought Skill Star was better so I covered it up lol

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Neutral Special:
Karate Man (When you press, you will throw an object and you must press again to hit it, only paper plates will come out)

Up Special:
See-Saw

Side Special:
Karate Man (similar to Special Attack but throwing paper plates, bombs, barrels, light bulbs with different damages, similar to Mr. Game & Watch)

Down Special:
LumBEARjack: Small, large or giant trunks will appear, each one different damages.

STANDARD ATTACKS:

Neutral:
Figure Fighter

Neutral combo:
Figure Fighter (When making the combo sounds GO GO GO!)

Dash: Rat Race (When making the attack you have the alarm in your hand)

TILT ATTACKS:
Up Tilt:
Pajama Party

Side Tilt:
Lockstep. (It makes the sound of HOP!)

SMASH ATTACKS:
Up Smash: Glee Club

Down Smash: Flipper-Flop (Karate Joe is the role of ******)

Side Smash: Samuai Slice

AERIAL ATTACKS:
Air Rally (Blow to the air with the racket)

GRAB ATTACKS:
Forward-Back Thwor: Exhibition Match

Down Throw: Tap Trial

Up Throw: Launch Party (Put them on top of a box with the countdown)

Final Smash: Ringside (When you press the attack, all who are in front of you will enter the Ringside, the Karate Joe is the role of Wrestler, the reporter will tell you Wubadubaduba is that true? -> Whoa, you go big guy! -> will end with the "POSE FOR THE FANS!", it depends on how you did the three of good rhythm, they will be thrown further.

proxy.png

proxy.png

Specials
-B
Throw pot
Joe throws an object from the games. Objects thrown can be reflected with any attack from other fighters. Up to three objects can be on screen at once. When three pots are thrown with proper and consistent timing, activates flow for the current stock / timed match.
-UB
Combo
On ground, tosses a bunch of objects near him and hits with a flurry. When flow is active, the player can release the button with proper timing to finish with an uppercut
In air, only the uppercut is executed, no matter whether flow is active or not, but will have a much smaller hitbox if flow is not active
-DB
Chop
When used in succession when flow is active with good timing, becomes a weak projectile, like Falco’s lasers. Has a sweetspot on the palm of the hand. Spikes on sweetspot when flow is active.
-SB
Punch Kick
Tosses a barrel near him and breaks it. Bomb appears. When flow is active, the player can release the button with proper timing to launch the bomb farther. The bomb eventually explodes upon contact with the ground

Tilts
-A
His jab / punch from the games
Rapid skrikes:
Oraoraoraora! (Basically what can be seen in Karateka Mania's Demon stages)
-Utilt
Catch from catchy tune / clap from clappy trio
-Dtilt
Stabs the ground with the fork
-Stilt
Hits opponents with a spaceball bat
-Dash Attack
Imitates a record scratch movement from DJ school

Aerials
-Nair
Performs a midair kick, similar to Mario’s. Good combo starter / extender
-Fair
Does the pose from Lockstep
-Bair
Gets out a camera from Freeze Frame and snaps behind him
-Dair
Samurai’s sword movement, but pointing downwards
-Uair
Hits a dough ball upwards

Smashes
-Fsmash
Spin move from Frog Hop
-Usmash
"Kamone" jump from Fan Club
-Dsmash
Stomps the ground and pulls out a turnip

Grabs
-Grab
Generic
-Pummel
Hits opponent with drum stick
-Uthrow
Jumps like in See-Saw and throws the opponent up. The jump will actually count as a jump, so Joe can combo into any aireal. This also means that the grounded jump will be used up.
-Dthrow
Plucks out the opponent from the ground. The pluck can be canceled with any tilt to keep the opponent buried. This will allow for many mixups.
-Fthrow
Hits the opponent with a ping pong racket
-Bthrow
Preforms the “let’s sit down” pose from Space Dance

Other Animations
-Shield
Generic defense pose, arms up
-Airdodge / Wavedash
Spins in the air, similar to Bon Odori
-Roll
Rolls like in Night Walk (Fever)
-Spot Dodge
Nods like Captain Tuck in Flipper Flop, goes into the background layer.
-Perfect Shield / Parry
Blocks like the Samurai in Super Samurai Slice. Adds a half heart to Flow if active

-Utaunt
Spins a lightbulb on his finger. Then drops and breaks it. The dropped lightbulb will have a hitbox, that deals little to no stun as well as 1%. The lightbulb will count as an object for neutral special.
-Staunt
Pose for the fans!
-Dtaunt
Puts on headband from Karate Man Combos 2P. The headband stays for the rest of the current life / match. Repeating the taunt will make him adjust the headband

-Idle Loop
Beat animation but stylised
-Misc idle 1
Adjusts belt
-Misc idle 2
Tosses a pot around
-Land
Generic
-Walk
Generic
-Run
Generic
-Jump
Jumps like Play-Yan
-Double Jump
Poses like the player’s character in Pajama Party
-Entrance
Joe starts facing backwards, away from the screen, then turns around and is shown to be chowing down on a pork rice bowl.

-Victory pose 1
Pose like in Karate Man (Tengoku)'s OK rating screen
-Victory pose 2
Pose like in Karate Man (Gold) 2’s superb rating screen
-Victory pose 3
Pose like in Karate Man Combos’ superb rating screen
-Lose
Joe’s stomach grumbles
-Star kill
Poses akin to the samurai when he fails a whirlwind strike / large demon block
-Screen kill
Poses akin to the common fail animations in Rhythm Heaven (Tap Trial etc)

-Launched techable head
Look at that fanmade sprite sheet someone made. The one with the custom uppercut.
-Launched techable stomach
Crutches stomach
-Launched techable leg
Holds knee
-Launched techable backstab
Common back hit pose. (Maybe like the tf2 mercenaries’ backstabbed poses? They could look good on Joe. Check spycicle poses.)
-Trip
Common trip
-Launched untechable
Common spin
-Footstooled / spiked on ground
Common “oh no some dude tried to smash my head into the ground” pose

Final Smash
Non-stop Beat(ing)
Joe rushes in with a massive haul of objects. Opponents get pelted, and then uppercut by Joe, who also breaks a barrel. Launches opponents upwards. Higher flow means more knockback and damage.

Flow mechanic
The player can activate the flow meter by using neutral B three times, with consistent timing (timing it to the rhythm of the background music helps). Once active, attacks that are well timed will gain more power. All attack’s knockback will also now be synced for even more extended combos, even at higher percents. To build up flow, the player has to keep long combos. Higher flow deals more damage. The flow bar has four hearts. With max flow, Joe will enter serious mode, and the next four objects will be cooking pots and stones which deal massive damage and knockback, and also cannot be reflected. Higher tempo means less knockback and more damage while slower tempo means more knockback and less damage.
Tempos can take a value between 75 and 192 bpm. The tempo will automatically be truncated if they exceed these ranges. While it helps alot, the activation objects do not have to be thrown in time with the background music. The tempo will be based on the average of time between each object use, precise to the tenth decimal.

The flow mechanic is done this way because the music will most likely not have a bpm value on them. Players could also add their own custom music to Lawl.

Shielded Special:
While shielding, press B to deactivate Flow. Can come in handy to resync the tempo. With max flow however, this activates Serious Mode, which does not reset.
Freefall Hurt:
Similar to Little Mac’s
-Freefall special
Similar to Mario’s pose in Ultimate

Karate Joe moveset concept video by pizzadudeguyman​

Thank you for reading! I hope you guys liked some of my ideas, and hopefully it's gotten you thinking up some ideas of your own! Please share any ideas or thoughts below. Also, if you have any corrections for grammatical errors, dead/incorrect links, or just general rewording/reformatting, feel free to let me know. (Just be civil, please!)

Supporters List
(Let me know if you want to be added!)​

Credits

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
AAAAH this is awesome! I'm so glad Karate Joe got a thread on these boards, and you really did a fantastic job. After the wild ride that was Rhythm Heaven character speculation before Smash 4's release, I really really hope we get something in Smash 5, and obviously Joe's my first pick for sure. Absolutely throw me on the supporters list.

The moveset animation done by Kevin Fagaragan really won me over, and I'd be pumped if RH got in Smash in that form. The fact that the tweet got over 6K likes is really uplifting, I think the time is right for Rhythm Heaven and Karate Joe in Smash 5!

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
AAAAH this is awesome! I'm so glad Karate Joe got a thread on these boards, and you really did a fantastic job. After the wild ride that was Rhythm Heaven character speculation before Smash 4's release, I really really hope we get something in Smash 5, and obviously Joe's my first pick for sure. Absolutely throw me on the supporters list.

The moveset animation done by Kevin Fagaragan really won me over, and I'd be pumped if RH got in Smash in that form. The fact that the tweet got over 6K likes is really uplifting, I think the time is right for Rhythm Heaven and Karate Joe in Smash 5!
I’m glad you like it! It took a lot longer to make this post than I had initially thought it would, so I’m glad it seems to have paid off! Since the release of Megamix outside Japan, it seems that Rhythm Heaven has amassed quite the cult following here in the West, and I hope that means we can finally get a Rhythm Heaven rep. I’ve been a fan of the series since Rhythm Heaven DS first came out here in the U.S. (which was almost nine years ago now... geez...) so I really think now is the time to finally get a Rhythm Heaven character.

I’m going to be honest though, I’ll be slightly disappointed if we get someone besides Karate Joe in Smash Switch as a Rhythm Heaven rep. Don’t get me wrong, I love all the Rhythm Heaven characters and would be excited to no end no matter which character gets in, but it just kinda seems like a missed opportunity to represent the series as a whole with a single character. I love Kevin Fagaragan’s idea of mixing a bunch of characters together and would love that to be along the lines of what we get, but it seems too good to become true so I don’t want to get my hopes up. Those opinions could certainly change over time (it wouldn’t be the first time Smash has done that to me) but as of right now, Karate Joe just seems like the best choice to represent Rhythm Heaven in my opinion.

Also, if you like Kevin Fagaragan’s animatic, I definitley recommend you check out his other work. He designs amazing shirts for The Yetee which you can check out here. He designs Rhythm Heaven shirts fairly often (you can still buy his Ringside one!) so I recommend you keep your eyes peeled if you want to get some of them! I own three of his different Rhythm Heaven shirts and a Bomberman shirt of his too! Edit: Forgot to mention an Um Jammer Lammy shirt of his too. I really like his designs :p

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Karate Joe is cool, he had the best games (and songs).

I support.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Although i'd prefer the rhythm heaven character being someone like Tibby or Miss Rhythm, Karate Joe would be nice to see in smash, supporting this.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
I'm DEFINITELY down for a Rhythm Heaven character, and you've convinced me that Karate Joe is a very viable choice! Timing-based moves would be so cool, and I think your suggestions for them are great!

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
You've got my support. While I wouldn't mind a character like the Chorus Kids or Marshal to represent the Rhythm Heaven series, I think that Karate Joe would do the series the most justice. He already works as a fighter on a conceptual level (being a martial artist), and he could still embody the goofiness of the Rhythm Heaven series through his moveset. I was ecstatic to find out that some Rhythm Heaven music made it into Smash 4 in the Miiverse stage, but having a character, stage, and more than just a couple of songs would be incredible to see in the next Smash.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Rhythm Heaven is long over due for representation in Smash! Karate Joe would be a great pick, although he'd probably end up with some composite elements to fill out his moveset.
A move I came up with was Space Soccer/Double Date; first input he starts to bounce a random ball (Soccer/foot/basket) from knee to knee on, changing each bounce. Second input punches it forward. Soccer bounces low and far, basket ball bounces high and close, football alternates between the two patterns. Maybe it could be a variant of his pot-punch?
That sort of attack kind of captures what I think his moveset would be. Moves that catch you offguard. You know how Charizard's Flare Blitz spends so long charging some people dodge into it? That sort of thing. The timing of his attacks use offbeats, skipped beats etc to catch people off, hit people as they come out of dodges. I thought it'd be the best way to carry over his rhythm aspect.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Rhythm Heaven is long over due for representation in Smash! Karate Joe would be a great pick, although he'd probably end up with some composite elements to fill out his moveset.
I actually think that's a really good idea! Only thing is that it seems quite similar to Pac-Man's fruit, where it'll change between the different variants with different physics, but I still really like your idea. I'm going to add it to the other people's ideas sections!

PepperFoop

Smash Rookie
May I share a moveset concept for Karate Joe I made? I drew it all in a notebook and it's a little bit cluttered, but I covered every move (except throws) and wrote the references for each move

Also, glad to see others one the Karate Man in Smash!

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Karate Joe is the Rhythm Heaven character I want should we get one for Smash 5, so I hope he makes it. He would be a good “WTF/Surprise” character for a lot of people. We need Karate Joe!

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
May I share a moveset concept for Karate Joe I made? I drew it all in a notebook and it's a little bit cluttered, but I covered every move (except throws) and wrote the references for each move

Also, glad to see others one the Karate Man in Smash!
Of course you may!

PepperFoop

Smash Rookie
https://imgur.com/a/0oVDX Sorry its a bit cluttered, i tried to include the names of each thing a move references

The only move here that wouldn't be a minigame is "Skill Star" as Down B. and I thought of the idea where Skill Star functions as a counter move, but instead of a strong retaliation, it powers you up for a short period

also excuse the giant coverup on the skill star, I originally had a different Idea fo a move but I thought Skill Star was better so I covered it up lol

Last edited:

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
https://imgur.com/a/0oVDX Sorry its a bit cluttered, i tried to include the names of each thing a move references

That’s great! Your moves are very creative! My favorite idea of yours is Tram and Pauline as the Neutral Aerial. Great job! I’ll add this to the other people’s ideas section!

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
Hi friends! My name is Tony (the DUCK OF COURSE) and I'm a huge Rhythm Heaven fan. Like, HUGE HUGE. I quite like smash as it is right now, but if we actually got a Rhythm Heaven character.. BOY I'd FREAK OUT MAN!

SO! With that said. YEAH! I want Karate Joe more than anything this time around.. I just have a few questions I'd like to discuss with other Joe supporters.

First off, when discussing with my friends, the concept of a Rhythm based character (and for that matter, stage.) was brought into question. A reason why it might not work, as an example, is when playing online. If Karate Joe, or Chorus Kids, or whoever would make it into the roster, then would a rhythm based movement be complicated by online lag? This also applies to the rhythm based stage, mmm!

Secondly, Ko Takeuchi hasn't been subtle in his excitement for Smash as well. Occasionally he is tweeting out or retweeting support towards a Rhythm Heaven character OR a Warioware character. (Since he's the character designer for both series.) Do you guys think that Ko is subtly hinting at anything. (I should note.. I can't link any of these tweets he made, because well... they were deleted after some time. But I do have screengrabs of his "OMG!" tweet towards a Karate Joe smash animation.)

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Hi friends! My name is Tony (the DUCK OF COURSE) and I'm a huge Rhythm Heaven fan. Like, HUGE HUGE. I quite like smash as it is right now, but if we actually got a Rhythm Heaven character.. BOY I'd FREAK OUT MAN!

SO! With that said. YEAH! I want Karate Joe more than anything this time around.. I just have a few questions I'd like to discuss with other Joe supporters.

First off, when discussing with my friends, the concept of a Rhythm based character (and for that matter, stage.) was brought into question. A reason why it might not work, as an example, is when playing online. If Karate Joe, or Chorus Kids, or whoever would make it into the roster, then would a rhythm based movement be complicated by online lag? This also applies to the rhythm based stage, mmm!

Secondly, Ko Takeuchi hasn't been subtle in his excitement for Smash as well. Occasionally he is tweeting out or retweeting support towards a Rhythm Heaven character OR a Warioware character. (Since he's the character designer for both series.) Do you guys think that Ko is subtly hinting at anything. (I should note.. I can't link any of these tweets he made, because well... they were deleted after some time. But I do have screengrabs of his "OMG!" tweet towards a Karate Joe smash animation.)
As for the first question, I don't think that'll be a big issue. I would assume that either, one, the new servers will work differently to prevent desync this time around, or two, the person playing Karate Joe or whoever else would be in sync on their end and then the person/people they're up against might just have some sort of animation skip or something once the input is fully executed. The second one seems like it'd be annoying, but I'm no programmer so I'm sure Nintendo would find a way to make it work good online.

As Ko Takeuchi's Twitter... I usually tend to try and not to jump conclusions with those sorts of things. If those Tweets had stayed up where he was like "OMG" in response to the Karate Joe moveset, I probably wouldn't have thought anything more than he was just impressed with the animation. However, since he did delete them that does seem a bit suspicious. I'm still going to try and not jump to conclusions, because maybe he didn't want to give the wrong impression or something, but that does seem a bit fishy...

Also, since you said "fellow Joe supporters" I'm going to assume you want to be added to the supporters list. (If you don't for some reason just let me know.)

Last edited:

PepperFoop

Smash Rookie
tbh, I doubt a rhythm heaven rep would be permanently tied to a rhythm mechanic. My ideas for the moveset included rhythm gimmicks which wouldn't be complicated by lag or bgm, because they have their own unique cues.
I.e.
B sends a cup towards you from offscreen, A punches the cup making it a projectile
Up B has the "do re mi fa so GO!" sound to let you know when to hit B again
Ftilt (lockstep) Lets you spam it in rhythm but it's at your own tempo
Fsmash does the full combo except the uppercut but gives you the "putty putty pun POW" so you know when to press A again

etc etc
If Joe were tied down by one constant rhythm, he'd be very difficult to design in a game with online lag AND background music

(And for the record, id like to be added to the supporters list too if okay)

Last edited:

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
tbh, I doubt a rhythm heaven rep would be permanently tied to a rhythm mechanic. My ideas for the moveset included rhythm gimmicks which wouldn't be complicated by lag or bgm, because they have their own unique cues.
I.e.
B sends a cup towards you from offscreen, A punches the cup making it a projectile
Up B has the "do re mi fa so GO!" sound to let you know when to hit B again
Ftilt (lockstep) Lets you spam it in rhythm but it's at your own tempo
Fsmash does the full combo except the uppercut but gives you the "putty putty pun POW" so you know when to press A again

etc etc
If Joe were tied down by one constant rhythm, he'd be very difficult to design in a game with online lag AND background music

(And for the record, id like to be added to the supporters list too if okay)
Absolutely! I added you to the list just now. I don't like to add people to the supporters unless I'm sure they'd want to be added. I feel it might be inconsiderate otherwise.

Anyways, as for the lag, while the audio cues might be manually activated in both mine and your movesets, I see what Tony Duck is getting at. I imagine that even with the manual cues it might be hard to sync the sounds/actions during online play. Not impossible, of course, but it may cause difficulties. Again, I'm no programmer so I don't know all of the technicalities, but what I do know is that Nintendo is launching their paid online service this year and since you have to pay to use it, I think it'll be significantly more stable than Nintendo's previous servers. That isn't a guarantee but I'd assume they'd be more stable. But regardless, we honestly don't know just what Nintendo is going to do, but I'm confident that if a Rhythm Heaven character were to be in Smash, they'd figure out some way to make a rhythmic aspect of that character work.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Add me in as a supporter! A Rhythm Heaven character is my most wanted newcomer. And Karate Joe is one of the very perfect-fit representatives for the RH franchise. Also, can you imagine “Lonely Storm” playing as you fight in Smash?

Now I know I might be setting myself up for dissapointment, but I very well believe there is an 80% chance there will be a Rhythm Heaven character in this game. It’s popularity in Japan is outstandingly way more of a presence than it is here in NA.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Add me in as a supporter! A Rhythm Heaven character is my most wanted newcomer. And Karate Joe is one of the very perfect-fit representatives for the RH franchise. Also, can you imagine “Lonely Storm” playing as you fight in Smash?

Now I know I might be setting myself up for dissapointment, but I very well believe there is an 80% chance there will be a Rhythm Heaven character in this game. It’s popularity in Japan is outstandingly way more of a presence than it is here in NA.
You're added! Funny that you replied to thread at the same moment I was checking Smashboards.

Anyways, Tsunku (the producer of the Rhythm Heaven franchise) is very popular in Japan. While he's only really known for Rhythm Heaven here in the west (a good thing to be recognized for!) he seems to be a very prominent musician in Japan, long before Rhythm Heaven was even a thing. I honestly don't know that much about his history as of now, but I know that he is quite popular there even to this day. I think that could certainly help a Rhythm Heaven character's chances, although I'm not sure it makes that huge of an impact seeing how long Tsunku has been popular and how long we've gone without a character in Smash.

Also, this is a bit unrelated and unrealistic, but I've been hoping that if we do get a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash, I feel like that may attract new fans of the series and maybe motivate Nintendo to work on a new game in the series? There was a rumor recently that the Rhythm Heaven series is dead, but it was denied by a producer that has worked on the series, saying that "Generally speaking, if there's an oppurtunity, a motivation, a need, we consider all opportunities and leave the door open." (you can read about it here) so it's clear there is no plans to make a new game as of now, but it could still be considered. I'd love for us to get a new Rhythm Heaven on the Switch. I think that'd be great, and I think if there's a Rhythm Heaven character added to Smash that might give the series enough attention to work started on a new game! But again, that's pretty unrealistic. Shouldn't get our hopes up.

Quillion

Smash Hero
What I worry about most about Rhythm Heaven is that I'm under the impression that the series is completely done and over with.

Megamix gave the impression of being a grand finale for the series as a whole, and given that Tsunku has likely retired from music because he had his vocal cords removed, there doesn't seem any reason for Rhythm Heaven to continue anymore.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
What I worry about most about Rhythm Heaven is that I'm under the impression that the series is completely done and over with.

Megamix gave the impression of being a grand finale for the series as a whole, and given that Tsunku has likely retired from music because he had his vocal cords removed, there doesn't seem any reason for Rhythm Heaven to continue anymore.
Yes... I have the same concerns. I do think there’s a decent chance that Megamix is the last chapter in the series. However, one thing I’ve learned is to never lose hope entirely. You should always prevent yourself from becoming too hopeful because you’ll just set yourself up for disappointment. However, I was sure we’d never get Mother 1 released in the states, and then we EarthBound Beginnings. I was sure the Bomberman series was over after Hudson was obtained by Konami, and now we have Super Bomberman R. (Which is a quite good Bomberman game.)

It’s true Tsunku hasn’t been doing as much since his vocal cords were removed, but Tsunku loves music and loves composing. He can’t sing anymore, and that is really, really unfortunate, but he is still active doing minor jobs. Of course, I can’t speak for him, but I feel like he’d still enjoy working on Rhythm Heaven. I don’t know, of course, but I think it’s certainly possible. Most of the prominent people who have worked on the series seem to be fond of it and are open to work on the franchise more. I think all of us Rhythm Heaven fans are concerned about the future of the series, but I don’t think we can give up hope just yet.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I remember a story that went viral last year about a blind Japanese boy who sent in a thank you letter to Nintendo thanking and begging them for another Rhythm Heaven game. Nintendo replied to the letter in Braille. So there is demand for the game and Nintendo knows it.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I totally support this!

It would be very funny to see a trailer for Karate Joe with the music of Lonely Storm :)

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I totally support this!

It would be very funny to see a trailer for Karate Joe with the music of Lonely Storm :)
You guys and your Lonely Storm... I’m all about that Struck by the Rain! :smirk:

But in all seriousness, since you mentioned trailers maybe now’s a good time to share my idea I’ve had for a while for a Smash trailer.

So it opens up on a black screen, and then the Karateka song from Rhythm Tengoku starts playing, and then at the first punch the screen lights up and reveals Karate Joe doing his typical schtick, and then in the middle of the song, the music fades out and the background goes black, and then the big fiery Smash logo appears!

It’s a stupid idea, I know, but I thought it’d be fun. That’d be very exciting for us Rhythm Heaven fans, and everyone else I think would find it funny at the very least.

Last edited:

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
I just want to point out since Tsunku's current career path was brought up. Knowing a lot about the guy, he still does a lot for the idol groups and other appearances he makes on television. He most definitely didn't allow the loss of his vocal cords to stop him from being a heavy worker. Heck, he moved to hawaii, and makes constant plane trips back and forth to japan.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Add me to the support group! Love the Rhythm Heaven games and would be excited to see Karate Joe as a playable character.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Found a fantastic animation for Karate Joe in Smash Bros!

https://twitter.com/blueberry998/status/986910701364002816

The amount of fan content Joe is getting for his inclusion is super great, the love he's getting really warms my heart.
Yes, I saw that earlier today on YouTube! I think it’s great that everyone is finally starting to the potential for Karate Joe in Smash. I hope it happens!!

(I’ll add the video to the other people’s ideas section later today)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Wow that's incredible. I'm loving the high quality stuff coming from these guys on Twitter.

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
Hey lads, just wanted to say that last night, I found time to finally read Tsunku's memoir, he released it after the release of Megamix in Japan and it details his cancer treatment and how that affected his life, it's honestly a great book so I recommend it to Rhythm Heaven fans.

With that said, the timeline of events in the book.. It does happen to coincide with Smash four development for part of it. The book does imply as well that Megamix's development was stalled by his treatment. So, could it have been possible that Rhythm Heaven content couldn't make it into Smash four because it was hard to communicate with Tsunku?

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
Hey lads, just wanted to say that last night, I found time to finally read Tsunku's memoir, he released it after the release of Megamix in Japan and it details his cancer treatment and how that affected his life, it's honestly a great book so I recommend it to Rhythm Heaven fans.

With that said, the timeline of events in the book.. It does happen to coincide with Smash four development for part of it. The book does imply as well that Megamix's development was stalled by his treatment. So, could it have been possible that Rhythm Heaven content couldn't make it into Smash four because it was hard to communicate with Tsunku?
That’s certainly possible! However, that is just one of many reasons that could be why there isn’t a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash. I personally think it’s just a combination of different things that just make it seem like a bad idea to try and add one to Smash 4.

Think about how many new characters were introduced to Smash 4. For them to have tried to add a character from Rhythm Heaven, a still pretty obscure Nintendo franchise, (although Megamix has helped it gain much more attention) in addition to everyone else would’ve probably be unrealistic. And of course there is all of the issues Tsunku was having as well which probably made it even more trouble to go through had they added one. However, Rhythm Heaven FINALLY got acknowledged in Smash 4, and of course there’s the whole removed Rhythm Heaven icon shows that they must’ve at least considered a Rhythm Heaven character.

I think it’ll be different this time around. I think there is a much better chance for a Rhythm Heaven character in smash than there ever was before. I’ve seen so many people introduced to the series through Megamix and it has amassed quite the cult following over the past few years. I think the time is right for a Rhythm Heaven character to become playable in Smash. And if one does, I think it’ll start to get a TON more people into Rhythm Heaven, and then I think the series will finally flourish outside Japan the way it should’ve from the start. After Smash 4, there aren’t as many big first party Nintendo franchises that still need representation. THAT is why I believe we’ll get one this time around. I have high hopes. I hope we get a couple of Smash characters announced at E3 this year and I PRAY one of which will be a Rhythm Heaven character. (Preferably Karate Joe, of course.) Only time will tell!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I support Karate Joe as well, I think he's the best character to represent the RH series.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I think there can be no obstacle, Rhythm Heaven has had more fame since 3DS, the reason why they were not placed on Wii U can be for many things, not necessary the reason for the ability of the 3DS with the choir guys because if it was for that, they would have introduced another character in the series.

Let's remember that at that time the last game that Rhythm Heaven had was the Wii, so maybe they decided not to introduce anyone because maybe nobody would know much about the saga (although they could have put at least their stage ... something also strange, if there was no character, at least they could have set the stage)

Now due to the rumors of the Chorus Kids and the fame that Megamix has had, they are even more popular and something similar could happen with Animal Crossing, in Brawl we had their stage as proof of having happened in the future, seeing that their fame, decided to put the villager.

I think they will do the same with Rhythm Heaven.

I am in doubt if they will place Karate Joe or Tibby, although in my opinion I still want the Chorus Kids, but the two main ones I said are more representative.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I purchased Rhythm Heaven on the 3DS while it was on sale and still haven't gotten around to playing the game. I have a good friend who loves this franchise and wants Karate Joe more than anybody else. I love a good rhythm game, my first one being Parappa the Rapper and my current obsession being Thumper. It's going to be tough to top a game like Thumper (I feel it's nearly a masterpiece), but Rhythm Heaven looks very delightful and interesting. I try sweeping my games one at a time, so I'm not quite ready to play through it yet. But I do like the look of Karate Joe, I adore strange quirky styles, and think he would be a great addition.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I wanted to make a moveset for Karate Joe since I have enough hype:

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Neutral Special:
Karate Man (When you press, you will throw an object and you must press again to hit it, only paper plates will come out)

Up Special:
See-Saw

Side Special:
Karate Man (similar to Special Attack but throwing paper plates, bombs, barrels, light bulbs with different damages, similar to Mr. Game & Watch)

Down Special:
LumBEARjack: Small, large or giant trunks will appear, each one different damages.

STANDARD ATTACKS:

Neutral:
Figure Fighter

Neutral combo:

TILT ATTACKS:
Up Tilt:
Pajama Party

Side Tilt:

SMASH ATTACKS:

AERIAL ATTACKS:

GRAB ATTACKS:

Final Smash: Ringside (When you press the attack, all who are in front of you will enter the Ringside, the Karate Joe is the role of Wrestler, the reporter will tell you Wubadubaduba is that true? -> Whoa, you go big guy! -> will end with the "POSE FOR THE FANS!", it depends on how you did the three of good rhythm, they will be thrown further.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I wanted to make a moveset for Karate Joe since I have enough hype:

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Neutral Special:

Up Special:
See-Saw

Side Special:

Down Special:

STANDARD ATTACKS:

Neutral:
Figure Fighter

Neutral combo:

TILT ATTACKS:
Up Tilt:
Pajama Party

Side Tilt:

SMASH ATTACKS:

AERIAL ATTACKS:

GRAB ATTACKS:

I like your ideas! I really like the idea of his dash being based off Rat Race and using the light as a weapon. That is a really good idea! I'll add your moveset to the other people's ideas section :)

Top Bottom