• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hex Heroes

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
So, have you guys seen this game?

It's in it's final few days on kickstarter right now, and I've got to say, it's shaping up to be one of the most innovative games on the console. The basics are that it's an RTS, or a Par-TS, revolving around RTS gameplay on a hexagonal grid. The goal would be to create a city and the means to support it while venturing out to defeat enemies in search of resources.

Besides the fact that this would be the first RTS on the Wii U, what's really interesting is the fact that it revolves heavily around the Gamepad, with the player in charge able to lead the others via the gamepad while micromanaging the city and assigning tasks for completion. The game supports 4 (or 5? I'd have to double check) players and will also have an online mode.

For fans of indie games in general, it's also probably worth noting that it features cameos in the form of various characters from other indies, such as Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight), Juan (Guacamelee) and The Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter).

All in all it's a damn nifty title and would go a long way to encourage Gamepad support, as Nintendo are supposedly doing themselves. I hope that you guys feel the same, as they're struggling right now, and it'd be a damn shame to see them fail. Here's the kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prismaticgames/hex-heroes

(Mods: This is ok to post, right? I figure it's in the appropriate section and as it's not my game I figured I'd be cool to try to cast a little positive light on a kick-ass title.)

Top Bottom