• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He's On The Box Art For A Reason: Haohmaru (Samurai Shodown) for Smash

slambros

Smash Ace
So I'm not sure if this thread is redundant due to the amount of SNK characters that are receiving threads at the current moment. But I saw that the Samurai Shodown character who seems to be billed as the franchise's main character hasn't received a thread of his own yet. Why am I, someone who isn't too much of an SNK fan, making this thread, you may be asking? Well, I dunno. Guess you could say I have a hunch. If there's already a thread for him, then... um... yeah.

So, who is Haohmaru?
Good question! He's one of the main characters of SNK's Samurai Shodown franchise. If not the main character.

How would he play?
He'd probably have a similar moveset to the one he has in Samurai Shodown. If he ends up playing similar to how fans imagine Takamaru playing in a Smash game, then... um... sorry, Takamaru fans...

Has Haohmaru been a guest character before?
During EVO, he was announced as a guest character for Soul Caliber VI. I'd say that's pretty noteworthy.

Wouldn't he be just another sword fighter?
Maybe... But I'd argue there's enough diversity in the roster already. Plus, the fifth DLC character could be anything.

But the new Samurai Shodown isn't even on the Switch!
It will be in December. Haohmaru would be a great way to advertise, too. Here's a link for confirmation: https://www.thegamer.com/samurai-shodown-switch-release-date/

I think that's all I have to say about Haohmaru. Personally, I think he'd be a fine addition. I'd love to see him clash against Ryu or Ken.

List of Haohmaru Supporters
slambros
Pizza Robo
ninjahmos
toonito

:131:

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
HMMMMMMMMMM. . .

It wouldn't be quite so PREDICTABO for them to put this guy in smash; it'd be rather UN-PREDICTABO

Top Bottom