• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He's not chicken! Billy Hatcher, SEGA's chicken suit-wearing little hero rolls into Smash!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
G-IA-N-T-E-G-G! G-IA-N-T-E-G-G! G-IA-N-T-E-G-G!

Meet Billy Hatcher!

This little chicken suit-wearing fellow made his first appearance in his titular game, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. Billy's story went as follows:​
His story began with a peaceful fantasy world by the name of "Morning Land", where the Chicken inhabitants live in peace and harmony. But all that was shattered as Dark Raven and his army of Crows assault Morning Land, catching the inhabitants by surprise and shrouding Morning Land in a blanket of unnatural, eternal night.

Meanwhile, being late to meet with his friends due to oversleeping, the slightly mischievous Billy Hatcher races out of his house to go meet them. Upon arrival, his large friend, Bantam tells Billy he is late, showing him a pocket watch in the shape of an egg. And, being some sort of tradition among the four friends, Bantam Scrambled, Chick Poacher, and Rolly Roll prepare to dish out a consequence on Billy, but they're stopped by the weak chirping of a chick. Two Crows that are looming nearby dive at the chick, as if they're finishing it off, but Billy intervenes, saving the baby chicken by fending the Crows off with a stick. The chick suddenly begins to glow, transporting Billy and his friends to Morning Land, with Billy ending up in Forest Village.

Billy, being informed by Menie-Funie that the Crows were trying to take over Morning Land and would soon take over the human world. He's informed that if he doesn't save Morning Land, Dark Raven will bring eternal night, darkness would overcome the hearts of everyone, and the two worlds will be ruled by evil. Billy had then went to receive the Legendary Chicken Suit. He then went on a journey to free the six Chicken Elders, who were imprisoned in golden eggs by the Crows. Uri-Uri, the Chicken Elder of Pirates Island, revealed that Dark Raven is reborn every 100 years to try and bring eternal night. Once he had freed the Elders, defeated the six Crow Bosses, and opened the Rainbow Gate, Billy traveled to the Giant Palace, where Dark Raven had tried to hatch the Giant Egg to receive ultimate power.

Billy battled Dark Raven, and once he defeated him, the Giant Egg had unfortunately hatched...granting the wishes of...Dark Raven, shaping him into a crow-shaped shadow demon. A second battle then ensued. Dark Raven attacked Billy, destroying the Chicken Suit in the process. Afterwards, Billy had to avoid his attacks until Menie-Funie speaks to him, telling him that he must not give up. From there the Courage Emblems he had collected up to that point had formed into a new and enhanced suit, imbued with the power of courage. Billy had then used this power to turn Dark Raven's attacks against him.

Billy finally defeated Dark Raven as his heart exploded, and the power from the Giant Egg restored true morning to the land below. Once he and his friends returned to where they entered Morning Land, they also returned the Chicken Suits and return to their world. It seemed that when they're leaving, Billy was saddened that he has to leave Morning Land. The four friends wave goodbye and they are transported back. Upon their return to the human world, Billy is a short distance away from his friends. They get his attention by laughing at him and he runs over to them joining the laughter, thus ending the game with a chicken feather slowly falling from the sky.

Okay, that was...interesting and all, but why Billy?
Well, I'll admit, Billy has only had one game to his name, compared to the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog, (duh...) Puyo Puyo, or even Super Monkey Ball, and many others. However, Billy has appeared in NUMEROUS spin-off crossover games with other SEGA characters, such as Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing. With his moveset potenttial, one more crossover appearance wouldn't hurt right?:p

Oh, okay. So, what could Billy do?
Well, for those who played Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, they would probably remember that Eggs were a big portion of the gameplay. Not to mention the power of the elements were also a big part of the game. As such, Billy would use the Giant Egg from the game for most of his moveset. He would essentially have two completely different movesets! One whole moveset dedicated to using the Giant Egg, and one dedicated to Billy fending for himself.

I see. So Billy could do that. What kind of moves would he have?
Well, as said before, Billy would essentially have two completely different movesets! One whole moveset dedicated to using the Giant Egg, and one dedicated to Billy fending for himself. His attacks with the Giant Egg would do more damage, and have better range. Also, if he attacks enough times with the Giant Egg, it will actually hatch into a random creature from the game! He can use the creature to attack with whatever elemental attack that comes with it. Without the Giant Egg however, Billy's attacks will become MUCH faster, with very small range now. As such, Billy will be able to do some very agile attacks without the Giant Egg to slow him down.

This sounds pretty solid! So what now?
Well, now go on ahead and vote for Billy on the Smash Ballot, of course! Here's the link: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Billy's Chicken-Suit wearing Followers of the Morning Realm
smashkirby
Nose Dive
ryuu seika
Wintropy
Freduardo
Azure Warrior
Xack

Mario123311
fogbadge
BlueHatchingRooster

Last edited:

Xack

Smash Rookie
YES Billy Hatcher is the man and I see no reason that he shouldn't be over most of the other stupid ideas. I have your full support in any poll that you start to get his publicity up. Billy Hatcher for smash !!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I like Billy a lot.

If there was a Sega Smash and he wasn't in, it would be a travesty.

As for regular Smash, I'd prefer Nights or Vyse to get the second Sega spot, but since it'll go to some sonic character anyway, you can have my support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Could anyone else see Billy Hatcher being a cool character for smash? He is a bit of an older character with barely and games, but that did not stop duck hunt, rob, game and watch, etc.

Vote billy hatcher
Eh, why not? I support Billy, even though he has a REALLY small chance.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Characters like Billy, Amigo, and Beat make me want a Sega-made brawler.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I did enjoy the GCN game... Shame Sega hasn't made anything to continue his lil' adventures, He would have been a perfect 2nd Sega Rep IMO.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'd really like to see Billy in a sequel to his original game for the GCN. Matter of fact, I HAVE a GCN...I should really try it out. Also, I feel that Billy would be an amazing fit to Smash, if not for his obscurity. Granted, I have some other SEGA choices for reps that I'd like to see in Smash besides hi, those being: Tails, Arle Nadja, (Puyo Puyo) AiAi (Super Monkey Ball), Amigo, Alex Kidd, Ryo Hazuki, (Shenmue) Beat (Jet Set Radio) and Opa Opa. (Fantasy Zone)

My point is, these are all my top SEGA choices.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder, does anyone have any ideas on how Billy could utilize eggs to their full potential WITHOUT looking like a clone of Yoshi?

Nose Dive

Smash Rookie
I wonder, does anyone have any ideas on how Billy could utilize eggs to their full potential WITHOUT looking like a clone of Yoshi?
It's too late for me to come up with a full moveset, so maybe tomorrow, but he could use a lot of his moves from the game, They are already pretty different from yoshi's moveset

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Lol, Yoshi clone. Yoshi is about using his eggs as upward projectiles, shields and helpless states for his opponents. Billy is about using his as grounded or downwards projectiles, crushing weapons and jump enhancers. I can see how one might think his slam and dash attack could be similar but seperating the character from the hitbox would lead to a functional change in both.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's too late for me to come up with a full moveset, so maybe tomorrow, but he could use a lot of his moves from the game, They are already pretty different from yoshi's moveset
Lol, Yoshi clone. Yoshi is about using his eggs as upward projectiles, shields and helpless states for his opponents. Billy is about using his as grounded or downwards projectiles, crushing weapons and jump enhancers. I can see how one might think his slam and dash attack could be similar but seperating the character from the hitbox would lead to a functional change in both.
I guess you guys are right. I was actually watching a playthrough of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg last night, and I have to say, Billy could do a lot more different from Yoshi than I thought. I can say for sure, that when it comes to additional SEGA reps, Billy is definitely part of my top 10.:)

BTW, @Nose Dive. Are you still using this thread? Or can I own it? If you're still keeping ownership of the thread, then forget I even asked.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Support. Even as Sonic's biggest fan, I can't refrain from liking anything thing else from Sega (even Billy Hatcher).

He's even a key star in a fan fiction of mines, along with a flew of other Sega protagonists. *raises flame shield*

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Support. Even as Sonic's biggest fan, I can't refrain from liking anything thing else from Sega (even Billy Hatcher).

He's even a key star in a fan fiction of mines, along with a flew of other Sega protagonists. *raises flame shield*
Oooh, really?! Can I read it? Honestly, SEGA is the one 3rd party company that I'm a fan of, and let's just say, (In case no one's noticed yet.) I've got a VERY open mind on SEGA adding additional characters to Smash Bros. that aren't Sonic. I'll probably list them here later, but I can safely say Billy's on my top 10 of characters from SEGA that I'd like to see.:)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oooh, really?! Can I read it? Honestly, SEGA is the one 3rd party company that I'm a fan of, and let's just say, (In case no one's noticed yet.) I've got a VERY open mind on SEGA adding additional characters to Smash Bros. that aren't Sonic. I'll probably list them here later, but I can safely say Billy's on my top 10 of characters from SEGA that I'd like to see.:)
Here it is and I'm still planning on adding more soon as Winter Break begins. Just as a warning, there might be some tiny errors that needs to be fixed and there's plenty of fanservice (Both of the variety involving shout-outs to many Sega IP's and also the "usual" variety given some series were T or M rated to begin with).

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9337199/1/Sonic-Sega-All-Stars-Subspace-Unleashed

You and I are two minds alike, I kind of like that. While I would;t mind more Sonic characters (which will be requested anyway because of the Smash Ballot, I would rather see character from other series that Sega owns. Billy Hatcher is no exception since it's a childhood favorite Gamecube classic of mines and he would be a great fit. And if they take it a step further with 3rd Party items, the Egg Animals would be a great inclusion as summonable partners like an Assist trophy.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here it is and I'm still planning on adding more soon as Winter Break begins. Just as a warning, there might be some tiny errors that needs to be fixed and there's plenty of fanservice (Both of the variety involving shout-outs to many Sega IP's and also the "usual" variety given some series were T or M rated to begin with).

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9337199/1/Sonic-Sega-All-Stars-Subspace-Unleashed

You and I are two minds alike, I kind of like that. While I would;t mind more Sonic characters (which will be requested anyway because of the Smash Ballot, I would rather see character from other series that Sega owns. Billy Hatcher is no exception since it's a childhood favorite Gamecube classic of mines and he would be a great fit. And if they take it a step further with 3rd Party items, the Egg Animals would be a great inclusion as summonable partners like an Assist trophy.
I know right? And...uh...if you don't mind my asking....um....Puyo Puyo in there?:lol:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know right? And...uh...if you don't mind my asking....um....Puyo Puyo in there?:lol:
Yes, you will see Arle in this new chapter that I'm writing now and you'll get to see more of her in next week's chapter. Since I'm coming back to college in a few weeks, be prepared for a long hiatus if you are expecting to see her fight or show off her more dangerous spells. :laugh:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I rather see Bayonettas as the second SEGA rep but Billy has in his favor that he has quite a strong Nintendo presence.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yes, you will see Arle in this new chapter that I'm writing now and you'll get to see more of her in next week's chapter. Since I'm coming back to college in a few weeks, be prepared for a long hiatus if you are expecting to see her fight or show off her more dangerous spells. :laugh:
I see!:laugh:

I rather see Bayonettas as the second SEGA rep but Billy has in his favor that he has quite a strong Nintendo presence.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'm not a big Bayo fan, but everyone to their own, I always say. I kind of defend Billy mentioning he's appeared more often on Nintendo platforms than some SEGA characters. Definitely not as much as Sonic or Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo Puyo, but still.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bayonetta's creator is reportedly heavily against her inclusion in Smash, and Smash in general, making her inclusion far less likely than it otherwise would be.
Really? Well, that's too bad. Well, I guess Billy doesn't have too much competition. (Sort of.)

Nose Dive

Smash Rookie
I guess you guys are right. I was actually watching a playthrough of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg last night, and I have to say, Billy could do a lot more different from Yoshi than I thought. I can say for sure, that when it comes to additional SEGA reps, Billy is definitely part of my top 10.:)

BTW, @Nose Dive. Are you still using this thread? Or can I own it? If you're still keeping ownership of the thread, then forget I even asked.
You can take ownership, you seem a lot more interested than me lol. As a small request, can you just mention me as the original poster if you update the original post. Thanks!

Also, do I need to promote you, or will the mods do it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You can take ownership, you seem a lot more interested than me lol. As a small request, can you just mention me as the original poster if you update the original post. Thanks!

You would have to tag @Warchamp7 to do it since he's one of the few with the power to do so.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Oh, wow! Really? Thank you! That's great! Don't worry, I'll credit you too! BTW, guys, I'm going to need some help. While I am aware of Billy Hatcher and his prominence in various SEGA games, including his own,:p I haven't gotten a chance to play his game, and I REALLY want to, but I don't have the money, especially considering GCN isn't a big thing anymore, it's obviously not going to be easy for me to grab a copy of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.:urg: So please, while I'll be getting ownership of the thread, any and all help will be appreciated.:b:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I can't promise anything but I'll try and get a decent partial moveset up in a few days when my timetable empties.
I'm a big fan of the game and have played it tons over the years, though I'm not familiar with any cameo appearances Billy may have had outside of Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and the Sega Superstars Eyetoy game.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can't promise anything but I'll try and get a decent partial moveset up in a few days when my timetable empties.
I'm a big fan of the game and have played it tons over the years, though I'm not familiar with any cameo appearances Billy may have had outside of Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and the Sega Superstars Eyetoy game.
Well, thank you! BTW, Billy's appeared in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing and.......I think that's all for now.:p

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just found this: http://cybermaroon.deviantart.com/art/Billy-Hatcher-SSBB-moves-123911547
It's far from perfect and far from full but it's something and gives the best idea for a Kirby hat.
I believe @Xivii can do it too, he helped me with a thread in the past. :3

Just talk to any admin, it will be done quickly and easily~
Hey guys, in terms of SEGA, and I'm only posting here because no one's posted on the Arle Nadja thread in a couple of weeks now, and I want to avoid double/triple posting on there, so I figured I should share this here: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The start of my moveset:
Entrance: A blue crest-marked white egg rolls in from the background and moves aside to show Billy holding it. This is his signature egg, as featured in Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing and is the only egg that will feature in this game. Billy then straightens himself up, making him just taller than it.
Grounded Jump: A pretty basic jump.
Double Jump: The same basic jump, only with feathers falling behind Billy. He will also do a front flip after the apex if he isn't holding an egg.
Special Jump: Billy backflips from the top of his egg, adding a slight backward motion to this jump.
Dash: Billy puts all his weight into shoving the egg forward and its roll speed increases, causing turbulence to form around both him and his "weapon". This looks just like it does in his original game but it does no damage here.
Alternate Dash: Billy leens forward and runs like a stereotypical ninja, gaining only a little bit of speed over his normal walking.
Neutral A Combo - Egg Scrambler: Billy performs a standard slap, slap, kick combo on his egg, which dutifully transfers the force to anyone in contact with it. Does ~2% per slap and ~4% on the kick, hitting with 20 degree upward knockback that won't kill untill over 200%. Both starts and ends quickly though.
Alternate Combo - Scrambler: Billy performs his standard slap, slap, kick combo empty handed and does ~3% per slap, with the kick hitting for ~5% and 20 degree upward knockback that will kill around 190%. This move is just as quick as the egg version but, while better damagewise, has greatly reduced horizontal and vertical range.

Dash Attack - Egg Cycle: Reaching into his pocket, Billy pulls out a small orb of light which then swirls around his egg in a pattern that resembles atomic models. All this only causes only a brief pause in his dash before he begins moving again and light trails out rougly an egg width and a half behind him, doing ~4% damage and flinching knockback to anyone who comes into contact. This may be only minor but collision with his egg will be far more damaging, doing ~9% and 20 degree upward damage that could kill around 150%.

Alternate Dash Attack - Faceplant: Billy's shoelace comes untied, causing him to fall face first and deal 5% damage with small diagonally down knockback and 2% recoil damage. It also leaves him floored.

Up B - Trampoline Ring: Billy spawns a blue ring around his egg which stay for ~12 seconds after use and hold any player with an egg of their own for up to 3 seconds unless they press the jump button to get out. Pressing said jump button will cause them to be fired into the air at high speed, much like many of the current recovery moves. Hitting a player just as you leave the ring will deal ~17% damage and straight upwards knockback that'll kill at around 100% but this hit box is increadibly short lived. After that, this move is entirely non-damage dealing.

Alternate Up B - Spring Boots: Billy rockets up into the air in an angleable fashion much like Lucario's recovery, doing ~6% damage and vertical knockback to kill around 170% at the move's very beginning and nothing thereafter. The controllability and quick start up make this a safer option than the Trampoline Ring but, since this is not a regular part of Billy's moveset, there are other reasons why it might not be as brilliant.

Neutral B - Circus Skills: Jumping atop his egg, Billy can now roll it around to deal ~3% damage and a flinch or simply jump off as described for his "Special Jump" above. While aboard the egg, Billy can move over swimmable areas but will have no air movement capabilities other than jumping or falling. This means that, while he will gain a small amount of height despite the effects of his fall speed during the slowish startup, this move is far from safe in the air. Furthermore, it will lose Billy his egg, causing it to either land below and need retrieving or to fall off the stage and respawn in Billy's hands when he next touches ground. The latter will cause a nest to appear as a visual thing.
Should Billy land still on his egg, however, this move will cause a tiny shockwave around the egg dealing the same ~3% as it would and then going into the ground version.
While eggless, billy will use his "Alternate" moveset.

Alternate Neutral B - Circus Hat: Billy quickly dons a wacky 2 horned purple hat and makes a face at the camera, pulling on his lower eyelids and sticking out his tongue. There is no purpose to this move besides being an extra taunt.

Forward B - Telepathic Control: Billy performs a two handed shove and suddenly you're controlling his egg instead of him. You may move it back and forth, doing ~3% damage and a flinch on contact, but any attempt to attack or jump will transfer your control back to the eggless Billy who will then have to retrieve it. Likewise, you will regain control and be rendered eggless should you move the egg off stage in any way. Or if Billy is hit.
The initial strike will hit for ~7% and horizontal knockback that may kill at high percents.

Alternate Forward B - Lost Control: Billy does the same shove but this time there is no egg for it to act upon so instead it will simply hit players for ~7% and that same horizontal knockback.

Down B - Super Fruit: Billy reaches into his pocket and pulls out a fruit filled crystal that breaks as he lifts it, bursting with rays of light and causing his egg to expand to almost twice its normal size. In doing so, it will hit anyone in its way for ~5% and a small amount of 25 degree upwards knockback. In addition to this, his fall speed will increase dramatically if he is in the air and the egg will retain its ~5% hitbox until it touches the ground, at which point it will momentarilly be replaced by an ~8% one with a small amount of disjoint to the sides, signified by a shockwave visual. In eithercase, the egg will then quickly return to normal, giving this move almost no end lag.

Alternate Down B - Tasty Fruit: Billy reaches into his pocket and pulls out a crystal with a random fruit inside. It breaks open as he stuffs it into his mouth and the refreshing taste causes him to heal 1-4%, depending on the fruit. Less frequent use will provide a higher chance of 3 and 4% fruit while more frequent use will tend to result in the 1% one.

Up Tilt - ???:

Forward Tilt - Spike Shell: Reaching into his pocket for an item oncemore, Billy pulls out some armour plating. It is initially the size and shape of your normal chicken egg but, once raised above his head, it instantaneously transports itself onto his abnormally sized one, quickly errupting with spikes thereafter. These do a mere ~3% damage and only flinching knockback but also a surprising amount of hitstun, making this something of a combo starter.

Down Tilt - ???:

Alternate Tilt (any direction) - Chicken Call: Billy raises his index finger above his head and shouts "Iikei!", as if he was calling an egg animal, but none hears him. Instead, this move will grant a short lived 1% attack bonus to his teammates, or simply do nothing in free for all and 2 player games.

Up Smash - ???:

Forward Smash - Egg Shot:
Billy shoves his egg forwards and it moves between half and 1 and a half stagebuilder blocks away from him, depending on charge. Also depending on charge is the move's damage and knockback, doing ~5-9% and hitting 25 degrees upwards hard enough to kill at high percents.

Down Smash - Egg Bounce:
After a crouching chage animation, Billy jumps the tiniest bit into the air (although slightly less tiny if charged) and slams down with his egg, doing ~8% damage and launching him slowly into the air, just a little higher than his regular jump. The knockback the opponent recieves will be ok but not amazing, acting as a kill move only at higher percents. It will be 5 degrees off straight down.
Using this move as a jump replacement is not a particularly good idea as it takes a good while to reach full height from the start of the move. You may, however, act out of this psuedo-jump at any point, preventing it from adding end time to the move but almost forcing Billy's next action to be an aerial.
Note also that Billy will not twirl like in his game.

Alternate Smash (any direction) - Good Morning!: Billy leans back slightly as he charges up this move, before leaning forward again to release his signature "Cuck a doodle doo!", stunning enemies for an amount of time based on the charge or until after they take a hit. This move can be fatal if it hits an opponent as they are recovering but is otherwise nearly useless as it deals absolutely no damage or knockback and has a decent amount of startup time.
This move cannot be comboed easily with Billy's forward throw since it will not extend the stun of an already stunned opponent.

Up Air - ???:

Alternate Up Air - ???:

Neutral Air - Egg Spin:
Billy and his egg twirl in place, much as he twirls during his source game's bounce move. During this action, he can hit up to 5 times for 2% each, with very little knockback, all occuring at ~10 degrees upwards. Assuming he manages to land every hit, this move has decent damage, however that scenarion is relatively unlikely.

Alternate Neutral Air - ???:

Forward Air - Air Dash:
Billy grabs his egg tightly and flings himself up and over, propelling both him and it forwards and ever so slightly downwards (in addition to his normal fall speed). This will pass through enemies, doing nothing more than ~4% damage and a flinch and even then only if it connects within the first two stagebuilder blocks of movement. Still, it is a fast motion in the air that could potentially make for a powerful form of evasion.

Alternate Forward Air - ???:

Back Air - ???:

Alternate Back Air - ???:

Down Air - Egg Drive:
Billy slams his egg down and slightly forwards, keeping hold the whole way, for an ~9% damaging move with similar properties to Sonic's down air. This ~9% hitbox, however, is only on collision with the ground so, instead of rebounding off enemies, Billy will do ~2% damage and drag them down with him. The final hit does downwards and 15 degree forward knockback that can kill at higher percents or on high platforms.

Alternate Down Air - ???:

Grab: Billy grabs the enemy just as he would an egg, nothing exciting here except for the fact that he has to be eggless to do it.

Pummel - ???:

Up Throw - Cipher: Billy raises his index finger and shouts "Iikei!", somehow pinning his opponent to said finger as he does so. The moment he draws his hand back they are struck for a whopping 14% and high knockback by a flaming, winged creature that vaguely resembles both a hippo and a rhino. The knockback in question is approximately 10 degrees upwards and will kill from the center of FD at about 140%.

Forward Throw - Recky: Billy raises his opponent using only his index finger and shouts "Iikei!" as he does so, then immediately whips it back down to fling them forward. This does no damage but will have slight knockback variation based on the opponent's percent, after which they are free to move for a small moment before a yellow, bat winged monkey flys over and stuns them with lightning, setting up whatever eggless move Billy might plan to do next. This does ~8%.

Back Throw - Pelliwan: Billy casts his index finger forward and shouts "Iikei!", somehow pinning his opponent to it as he does so. From here he spins them around untill they are behind him and they become caught in a whirlwind caused by a floppy-eared green pellican. This whirlwhind will hit repeatedly for 1% until the foe either breaks out or is carried off screen (stops when megnified) and therefore has no set damage or knockback properties.
Down Throw - Clippen: Billy raises his index finger and shouts "Iikei!"before using it to thrust his opponent to the ground. After this, an orb of water grows around a blue penguin above them and splashes down with great force, doing ~16% and some excellent straight downward knockback, killing off the top of FD at around 120% when rebounding.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The start of my moveset:
Entrance: A blue crest-marked white egg rolls in from the background and moves aside to show Billy holding it. This is his signature egg, as featured in Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing and is the only egg that will feature in this game. Billy then straightens himself up, making him just taller than it.
Grounded Jump: A pretty basic jump.
Double Jump: ???
Special Jump: Billy backflips from the top of his egg, adding a slight backward motion to this jump.
Dash: Billy puts all his weight into shoving the egg forward and its roll speed increases, causing turbulence to form around both him and his "weapon". This looks just like it does in his original game but it does no damage here.
Alternate Dash: Billy leens forward and runs like a stereotypical ninja, gaining only a little bit of speed over his normal walking.
Neutral A Combo - Egg Scrambler: Billy performs a standard slap, slap, kick combo on his egg, which dutifully transfers the force to anyone in contact with it. Does ~2% per slap and ~4% on the kick, hitting with 20 degree upward knockback that won't kill untill over 200%. Both starts and ends quickly though.
Alternate Combo - Scrambler: Billy performs his standard slap, slap, kick combo empty handed and does ~3% per slap, with the kick hitting for ~5% and 20 degree upward knockback that will kill around 190%. This move is just as quick as the egg version but, while better damagewise, has greatly reduced horizontal and vertical range.

Dash Attack - Egg Cycle: Reaching into his pocket, Billy pulls out a small orb of light which then swirls around his egg in a pattern that resembles atomic models. All this only causes only a brief pause in his dash before he begins moving again and light trails out rougly an egg width and a half behind him, doing ~4% damage and flinching knockback to anyone who comes into contact. This may be only minor but collision with his egg will be far more damaging, doing ~9% and 20 degree upward damage that could kill around 150%.

Alternate Dash Attack - Faceplant: Billy's shoelace comes untied, causing him to fall face first and deal 5% damage with small diagonally down knockback and 2% recoil damage. It also leaves him floored.

Up B - Trampoline Ring: Billy spawns a blue ring around his egg which stay for ~12 seconds after use and hold any player with an egg of their own for up to 3 seconds unless they press the jump button to get out. Pressing said jump button will cause them to be fired into the air at high speed, much like many of the current recovery moves. Hitting a player just as you leave the ring will deal ~17% damage and straight upwards knockback that'll kill at around 100% but this hit box is increadibly short lived. After that, this move is entirely non-damage dealing.

Alternate Up B - Spring Boots: Billy rockets up into the air in an angleable fashion much like Lucario's recovery, doing ~6% damage and vertical knockback to kill around 170% at the move's very beginning and nothing thereafter. The controllability and quick start up make this a safer option than the Trampoline Ring but, since this is not a regular part of Billy's moveset, there are other reasons why it might not be as brilliant.

Neutral B - Circus Skills: Jumping atop his egg, Billy can now roll it around to deal ~3% damage and a flinch or simply jump off as described for his "Special Jump" above. While aboard the egg, Billy can move over swimmable areas but will have no air movement capabilities other than jumping or falling. This means that, while he will gain a small amount of height despite the effects of his fall speed during the slowish startup, this move is far from safe in the air. Furthermore, it will lose Billy his egg, causing it to either land below and need retrieving or to fall off the stage and respawn in Billy's hands when he next touches ground. The latter will cause a nest to appear as a visual thing.
Should Billy land still on his egg, however, this move will cause a tiny shockwave around the egg dealing the same ~3% as it would and then going into the ground version.
While eggless, billy will use his "Alternate" moveset.

Alternate Neutral B - Circus Hat: Billy quickly dons a wacky 2 horned purple hat and makes a face at the camera, pulling on his lower eyelids and sticking out his tongue. There is no purpose to this move besides being an extra taunt.

Forward B - Telepathic Control: Billy performs a two handed shove and suddenly you're controlling his egg instead of him. You may move it back and forth, doing ~3% damage and a flinch on contact, but any attempt to attack or jump will transfer your control back to the eggless Billy who will then have to retrieve it. Likewise, you will regain control and be rendered eggless should you move the egg off stage in any way. Or if Billy is hit.
The initial strike will hit for ~7% and horizontal knockback that may kill at high percents.

Alternate Forward B - Lost Control: Billy does the same shove but this time there is no egg for it to act upon so instead it will simply hit players for ~7% and that same horizontal knockback.

Down B - ???:

Alternate Down B - ???:

Tilts

Alternate Tilt (any direction) - Chicken Call: Billy raises his index finger above his head and shouts "Iikei!", as if he was calling an egg animal, but none hears him. Instead, this move will grant a short lived 1% attack bonus to his teammates, or simply do nothing in free for all and 2 player games.

Smashes

Alternate Smash (any direction) - Good Morning!: Billy leans back slightly as he charges up this move, before leaning forward again to release his signature "Cuck a doodle doo!", stunning enemies for an amount of time based on the charge or until after they take a hit. This move can be fatal if it hits an opponent as they are recovering but is otherwise nearly useless as it deals absolutely no damage or knockback.
This is great! If I get the chance, I'll try to post this on the OP. BTW, I think you're the first person to post a Billy Hatcher moveset! Great work on it! BTW, why not make the down special Billy summoning one of the creatures from the game, such as Cipher?

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
This is great! If I get the chance, I'll try to post this on the OP. BTW, I think you're the first person to post a Billy Hatcher moveset! Great work on it! BTW, why not make the down special Billy summoning one of the creatures from the game, such as Cipher?
I'm not sure, I did have a plan for all 4 specials in my head last night and Cipher, despite being a potentially cool addition, wasn't one of them. Just wish I remembered what the other one was.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm not sure, I did have a plan for all 4 specials in my head last night and Cipher, despite being a potentially cool addition, wasn't one of them. Just wish I remembered what the other one was.
I don't suppose you remember what that special move for Billy was yet?

Top Bottom