• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He's finally back... to kick some tail! Donkey Kong in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So in the K Rool trailer DK is using his Punch Out boxing gloves. Chances are that will be DK's alternate costume like in Project M. Like Wario's bike in the Brawl reveal, there is a good chance Sakurai didn't include that only for show!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So in the K Rool trailer DK is using his Punch Out boxing gloves. Chances are that will be DK's alternate costume like in Project M. Like Wario's bike in the Brawl reveal, there is a good chance Sakurai didn't include that only for show!
Just came here to discuss this.

Awesome throwback, and it also means there are more costumes than the ones we've seen in the demo which is amazing news.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Yeah I feel like we will be getting a ton of real deal alternate costumes this time around. And if Sakurai wants to I'd pay for main character costumes over mii costumes 10 times over!

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Yeah I feel like we will be getting a ton of real deal alternate costumes this time around. And if Sakurai wants to I'd pay for main character costumes over mii costumes 10 times over!
This and I think it's more likely than not.

Fortnite is the most popular game in the the world right now. Every single developer HAS to be looking at their model---- the amount of money people spend on cosmetics/costumes is crazy!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I can't wait to main Donkey and Diddy again! (plus Rool and hopefully Dixie and Banjo!)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I just watched DK's Classic Mode. This is freaking mind-blowing.

The boss of the route is Master & Crazy Hand, which would be nothing special, except it takes place on the Omega form of New Donk City. The backdrop for the Master Hand/Master & Crazy Hand fight doesn't have to be Final Destination. Wow.

Semako

Smash Cadet
Recently, I started to play the ape and had great fun with him, altough I miss his barrels and coconut gun... ;)

I have a question about ding-dong: In Sm4sh, players used to jump before doing the cargo upthrow, then doublejump into uair. Why was the jump necessary at first, except for doing the combo higher up into the air for an earlier kill?
In Ultimate I can hit the ding-dong combo without the first jump, but of course only at low-ish percent due to the changes to his throws. So is the jump no longer necessary?

Also, if I get a grab against a higher percent opponent, is it better to go for cargo bthrow to stagespike or should I do something else like an fthrow away from the stage?
If the opponent techs the stagespike attempt, I am pretty much dead... ;)

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
It's funny how dead this place is. This is the best DK has ever been, and there's zero discussion. Not sure if the website is dead or just this place. Maybe discords and reddits has fragmented the playerbase?

But ****, smashboards was the place to be during brawl

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
It's funny how dead this place is. This is the best DK has ever been, and there's zero discussion. Not sure if the website is dead or just this place. Maybe discords and reddits has fragmented the playerbase?

Ya it's really unfortunate. Most of the serious smash discussion takes place on discords and facebook groups. Forums in general just ain't what they used to be...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

GameFAQs was my place to be for Brawl.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Ya it's really unfortunate. Most of the serious smash discussion takes place on discords and facebook groups. Forums in general just ain't what they used to be...
We used to play together. Ripple too who I haven't seen in years. We should sometime! After asking for Ridley and k rool since melee they get most of my playtime now, but king DK is still my main every game. Would be fun dittos as always

GameFAQs was my place to be for Brawl.
Really? Were you on the online section? Me and Ally used to own everyone on there lol. He ended up going pro. I decided to do the whole real life thing though!

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
We used to play together. Ripple too who I haven't seen in years. We should sometime! After asking for Ridley and k rool since melee they get most of my playtime now, but king DK is still my main every game. Would be fun dittos as always

Really? Were you on the online section? Me and Ally used to own everyone on there lol. He ended up going pro. I decided to do the whole real life thing though!
I was roleplaying, actually.

D

Deleted member

DK pessimist here. I heard he just got buffed, but are the buffs good? I want to know before I pick him up for the umpteenth time.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
DK pessimist here. I heard he just got buffed, but are the buffs good? I want to know before I pick him up for the umpteenth time.
Down B feels great and Up B hits like a truck now. The other changes are more subtle, but still nice. DK isn't at the bottom of the barrel anymore, but he isn't high tier+ yet either. Still top tier in fun factor though.

Top Bottom