• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes you refuse to play for dumb reasons

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
People use male Villager because no one wants Villager as waifu. As for Robin/Corrin/Wii Fit Trainer I think the female is more popular, and I often see them being hot or cute or better to look at given as a reason.
Hey bub, not everyone who picks female characters because of that stupid w word.
I don't believe in fictional crushes anyway.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You know another great dumb reason to not play a charactet? Anyone here not playing someone they want just because someone else in your group is playing them? My best friend (the Cloud pusher) also wants me to not play Simon because his brother plays Simon and we'd be stepping on each other's toes...

...umm...even though his brother and I never see or talk to each other anymore, are barely social anymore, and at best may play Smash together once every 2 months, I should respect him and not play as Simon??? So we aren't riding eithers coat tails???

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
well castlevania has two timelines with simon in them so just tell him that you're the one from an alternate universe

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely refuse to play :ultsonic: and since brawl, have played 2 games total with him. He is a disgusting, vile creature that deserves to be Thanos'd out of existence and my one regret in life is that I doubt I will live long enough to see him completely forgotten by the human race.

I don't play any fire emblem characters except :ultmarth: and :ultike:. I'm a huge fire emblem fan and the way they have represented the series is absolutely abysmal. Here we have a series about interesting and unique characters, and in Smash we have an echo fighter of a clone of a character with an echo fighter.

:ultdaisy: needs to leave and not come back.

papertiger

Smash Rookie
You know another great dumb reason to not play a charactet? Anyone here not playing someone they want just because someone else in your group is playing them? My best friend (the Cloud pusher) also wants me to not play Simon because his brother plays Simon and we'd be stepping on each other's toes...

...umm...even though his brother and I never see or talk to each other anymore, are barely social anymore, and at best may play Smash together once every 2 months, I should respect him and not play as Simon??? So we aren't riding eithers coat tails???
Don't do that, that's dumb. Even if you played with him daily you shouldn't change your main character over it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I absolutely refuse to play :ultsonic: and since brawl, have played 2 games total with him. He is a disgusting, vile creature that deserves to be Thanos'd out of existence and my one regret in life is that I doubt I will live long enough to see him completely forgotten by the human race.
I... uh... did your ex-girlfriend castrate you by shoving a hedgehog up your ass, or some other lurid horror story that would provoke irrational hatred of hedgehogs?

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
"an echo fighter of a clone of a character with an echo fighter" is a pretty great line though.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about this, i refuse to play:

Corrin, because its a bland anime character.
Robin, because its a bland anime character.
Lucina, because she should be a palette swap for Marth or the other way around, Lucina >>>>>>>>>>>> Marth.
You know, the whole FE line is a meme like Waluigi. And speaking of Lucina, i only like Lucina and Roy design wise of all these * FE characters.

Pit, because Dark Pit is more awesome, kinda weird to say because i think that Dark Pit is a waste of roster slot.
R.O.B, because his design is just .. boring. Why is he in the game? Its like if they made SNES bazooka a playable character.
Lucas, because hes just a copypaste of Ness with blonde hair and no cap. Zzzz.
Pokemon Trainer, because i dont like the playstyle.
Pac-Man, because id rather have the original Pac-Man with no eyes playable.
Mega-Man, because he should have been in cartoon like Mr Game and Watch.
Ice-Climbers. This is the character i always forget. I have propably only picked him once or twice since Melee. The polar bear with sunglasses is cool tho.
Palu.. uh Palutena, whats her name again? Only used her for her dance.
Fox, because Falco is cooler and better and sexier.

Last edited:

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
I... uh... did your ex-girlfriend castrate you by shoving a hedgehog up your ***, or some other lurid horror story that would provoke irrational hatred of hedgehogs?
Lemme show you on the doll where the hedgehog touched me.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Thinking about this, i refuse to play:

Corrin, because its a bland anime character.
Robin, because its a bland anime character.
Lucina, because she should be a palette swap for Marth or the other way around, Lucina >>>>>>>>>>>> Marth.
You know, the whole FE line is a meme like Waluigi. And speaking of Lucina, i only like Lucina and Roy design wise of all these * FE characters.
Ever since FE:A, the series got a lot more popularity in the west. Only made sense for Nintendo to include some characters from that game. I will admit though that it feels like that there's a little much Fire Emblem going on.

Regarding the original topic:
I don't ever touch Fox in Smash since he lost his Melee voice. The sounds he makes are such a turn off to me. Same goes for Pokemon trainer, cause especially Squirtle and Ivysaur got me cringing with their voicelines.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I try to test all of them. I like give them a chance. But if I have to pick one, I think Cloud and Joker. Their just not related to Nintendo too much.
And I hate Cloud because of his hitboxes which always touch my slow and big Bowser. **** it. But that appart, I think they implanted him well in the game.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I mean he's not in the game, but I will refuse to play Chibi Robo if he is ever added. He seems like a weird fighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom