• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I, also, got Dragon Quest Builders 2. I really want to get through DQ8, but I have a feeling I will be getting hooked on Builders very soon.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

IIRC someone official has been hinting that multiple announcements are coming for the anniversary, odds are there will be plenty of cool stuff.

Question is, will it come west?
Hopefully.

Dragon Quest XI S managed to sell quite decently, Dragon Quest Builders 2 was quite popular around Twitter and the Adventures Of Dai revival has been strongly popular online.

It all seems like we will get more Dragon Quest content in the West.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Hopefully.

Dragon Quest XI S managed to sell quite decently, Dragon Quest Builders 2 was quite popular around Twitter and the Adventures Of Dai revival has been strongly popular online.

It all seems like we will get more Dragon Quest content in the West.
Yeah, I think DQ in the west is in a pretty good spot RN, so most stuff I can picture I think has a good shot. There's just a couple things that I would be hyped for, but which I think have a slightly lower chance, namely a new Rocket Slime.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pretty excited for news coming this year.

My wishlist:
  • Dragon Quest XII
  • Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 3
  • Dragon Quest Swords 2
  • Dragon Quest FighterX
  • Dragon Warriors 1~4 on NES Online
  • Dragon Quest Heroes 3
  • Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional (consoles)

And some type of DQ crossover with something, but not Fortune Street.

Any of these would put me on maximum pep condition.

D

Deleted member

I'm strongly hoping for a Switch or PS4 Port of Dragon Quest 8 with all the 3DS content, news on the Dragon Quest Monsters title with Erik and a western release of the new Adventures Of Dai game.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Pretty excited for news coming this year.

My wishlist:
  • Dragon Quest XII
  • Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 3
  • Dragon Quest Swords 2
  • Dragon Quest FighterX
  • Dragon Warriors 1~4 on NES Online
  • Dragon Quest Heroes 3
  • Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional (consoles)

And some type of DQ crossover with something, but not Fortune Street.

Any of these would put me on maximum pep condition.
I've been thinking for a while now that a DQxFE crossover would be cool. Don't know why, while I've enjoyed most of the FE games I've played I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan, but something about a crossover with DQ just feels right.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've been thinking for a while now that a DQxFE crossover would be cool. Don't know why, while I've enjoyed most of the FE games I've played I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan, but something about a crossover with DQ just feels right.
That would be interesting.
They do feel like they could coexist.
Maybe in their own self contained story.
The tactics aspect could certainly be a nice change of pacen

And that's kind of like the feeling I get when I think of DQ and Mario crossing over, you know? Ever since Fortune Street I feel there's a very nice dynamic between the two casts of characters.

I certainly picture them in a sort of M&L style adventure, bopping Slimes, Slashing goombas... And heck... Strange hybrids like Koopa Slimes or Dry-Drackies.
Bowser and Dragonlord joining forces. Disputing over who gets to marry Peach.

Now who gets to be the main character from the Dragon Quest side, I still can't decide.
Maybe a younger hero, or the generic classes.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Was wondering if anyone here saw this video about Dragon Quest by James Rolfe.

There‘s DQXI spoilers in it though (as well as for every other mainline title obviously, but DQXI‘s are the biggest), so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was wondering if anyone here saw this video about Dragon Quest by James Rolfe.

There‘s DQXI spoilers in it though (as well as for every other mainline title obviously, but DQXI‘s are the biggest), so keep that in mind.
Yeah, I saw It.

Found It quite neat and curious.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
That would be interesting.
They do feel like they could coexist.
Maybe in their own self contained story.
The tactics aspect could certainly be a nice change of pacen

And that's kind of like the feeling I get when I think of DQ and Mario crossing over, you know? Ever since Fortune Street I feel there's a very nice dynamic between the two casts of characters.

I certainly picture them in a sort of M&L style adventure, bopping Slimes, Slashing goombas... And heck... Strange hybrids like Koopa Slimes or Dry-Drackies.
Bowser and Dragonlord joining forces. Disputing over who gets to marry Peach.

Now who gets to be the main character from the Dragon Quest side, I still can't decide.
Maybe a younger hero, or the generic classes.
I thought a lot about a Dragon Quest Minecraft crossover. I know Dragon Quest Builders exist but I imagine a game where Monsters from Minecraft and Dragon Quest meet up and go on adventures fighting other monsters and exploring dungeons. Not sure if a hero would be part of that adventure but I think a Minecraft Dragon Quest crossover game would be good. It would probably sell well too.

A Dragon Quest crossover with Mario or Fire Emblem would be pretty awesome too.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
A Dragon Quest anything would be a good sell ... in Japan, anyway. I'm not too sure how big of a demographic Minecraft players are into Dragon Quest outside Japan.
Minecraft is huge so I'm pretty confident a lot of Minecraft fans would be interested in a Minecraft Dragon Quest crossover game even if they didn't know anything about Dragon Quest.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would have had Eight pegged for the role of Michelangelo what with the orange bandana and all. Erdrick seems more of a Raphael personality. Eleven definitely the Leonardo of the bunch.

I think Shredder's Revenge looks very true to the Turtles arcade style they were going for.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I can only get so hyped for yet another DQ3 unless it comes with some major new content, and DQ12 being "darker" has me a little cautious, but DQ10 offline is big news; I remember someone official saying they were thinking about bringing an offline version of that game west. Treasures also looks super cute.

Overall pretty nice presentation.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I can only get so hyped for yet another DQ3 unless it comes with some major new content, and DQ12 being "darker" has me a little cautious, but DQ10 offline is big news; I remember someone official saying they were thinking about bringing an offline version of that game west. Treasures also looks super cute.

Overall pretty nice presentation.
I don't think Dragon Quest 12 will be Berserk level dark just that it will be a bit darker then most DQ games. Kind of like how some TMNT shows are darker than others but still have the feel that is TMNT if you know what I am saying. I am a bit disappointed with DQX Offline, It really doesn't look anything like DQX I will still buy it however in order to let Square know that we want DQX. DQ 3 looks fantastic. Treasures also looks like a good game.

I have no doubt that Dragon Quest will continue to be good!!

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I don't think Dragon Quest 12 will be Berserk level dark just that it will be a bit darker then most DQ games. Kind of like how some TMNT shows are darker than others but still have the feel that is TMNT if you know what I am saying. I am a bit disappointed with DQX Offline, It really doesn't look anything like DQX I will still buy it however in order to let Square know that we want DQX. DQ 3 looks fantastic. Treasures also looks like a good game.

I have no doubt that Dragon Quest will continue to be good!!
Oh yeah, my more rational side says there's no way they're going to alienate the fan base by completely changing the mood of the series. But regardless every time I read about it my gut reaction is "this sounds like FF not DQ." I'm sure I'll feel better when we actually see it.

And yeah, DQ10 offline does look a little worse, but I'm just excited to experience the story so I don't mind it that much. I'm also not huge on MMOs so that helps.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I recently completed Dragon Quest VIII (perfect timing since it corresponded with the 35th Anniversary of the North American release of Dragon Quest and the anniversary of Hero joining Ultimate). This takes me all the way through the series from DQ1 to DQ9.

I've already played through DQ9 (with hundreds of hours into it). I'm going to skip out on DQ10 until the offline version is available. That means I can finally get around to finishing my copy of DQ11-S.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is finally, finally ending. So even though I don't go on Smashboards anymore, I wanted to at least come back to this thread, which I remembered that I owned, and update the recommendation section like I said I would years ago.

I don't think I'm coming back to Smashboards now that UItimate is finally done, as I have found other places to talk about my favorite crossover fighter series. As a result, I would like the mods or the admins or whoever is in charge of this stuff to politely hand the reins of this thread to someone else who can take care of it.

Otherwise, goodbye fellow Dragon Quest fans. It's been real :ulthero3::ulthero4: :ulthero: :ulthero2:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
It's weird to post it after the post above, but I got some DQ music covers modded to my Smash:

Fighting Spirits (by KIKORI)

Hero's Challenge (by KIKORI)

Fight for Glory (by GaMetal)

Also, Fighting Spirits from the old Dai no Daibouken anime:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The Dragon Quest movie has 3 Big Problems:
1. it shouldve been a Original story!
2. It shouldve been made clear in the Marketing that its a DQ5 Movie!
3. The whole Ending Sucks Butt!

that and that i started with 7 really deter me from playing it! but i still like Turn based games!

Try going to the gaming forums it should be there its called Vastuu!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The Dragon Quest movie has 3 Big Problems:
1. it shouldve been a Original story!
2. It shouldve been made clear in the Marketing that its a DQ5 Movie!
3. The whole Ending Sucks Butt!
None of those were problems for me.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
None of those were problems for me.
Im sorry, but he is inactive. I don’t care about the first 2, but the 3rd is the main reason for me. There was 0 reason to do it yet they did. Our protagonist finally met his goal and saved the world? Sorry, it was all fake and he is just a guy who really likes Dragon Quest. We are finally gonna see the big bad? Sorry, all fake.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Im sorry, but he is inactive. I don’t care about the first 2, but the 3rd is the main reason for me. There was 0 reason to do it yet they did. Our protagonist finally met his goal and saved the world? Sorry, it was all fake and he is just a guy who really likes Dragon Quest. We are finally gonna see the big bad? Sorry, all fake.
That makes sense to me, it could be a bit of a let-down ending from that perspective. By the time I had watched the movie I had also coincidentally finished playing through Dragon Quest 5 around the same time, so for me I was expecting a similar kind of ending. Even though I had heard the actual ending of the movie was terrible I ended up actually liking it because it gave me an additional story to the one I already knew. My perspective was a bit different in that I felt like I was being given something new and surprising.

The people calling the shot might have also opted for a completely different ending just for the fact that they did not want to spoil the gane's ending for anyone who hadn't had a chance to play it before seeing the movie. If so then that's a considerate way to handle things which might be for the better.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Nothing much. Smashboards is just about dead, so don't expect too much activity.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Nothing much. Smashboards is just about dead, so don't expect too much activity.
They shouldn't have closed the Newcomer Speculation section. Sure there's no more Smash Bros. in the near future but the support threads were the most fun part of this forum.

Top Bottom