• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
I was messing around with :ulthero3:against a :ultyounglink: cpu earlier and something crazy happened again.

While the :ultyounglink: was respawning, i checked my menu for buffs, i got Oomph, checked again, got Psyche Up. The :ultyounglink: dropped on the left platform of Battlefied, i ran under him and Up Smash'd and got a critical hit. It did 77% in one hit and he died. I had a bit of rage and he probably didn't DI but still, he litterally died in one hit, barely 3 seconds after respawning.

This character is nuts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Check out this cool fan art a Discord user known as Tipper did for me!!!
unknown-13.png

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Aside from the announcement of Dai's Adventure getting games, not really. We're pretty much playing the waiting game for the ARMS announcement at this point.
The announcement of the game of Dai`s adventure is a good news I saw all the anime although well they canceled it if I am not mistaken the manga if it continues and ends but I have never read it so I do not know how it ends

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The announcement of the game of Dai`s adventure is a good news I saw all the anime although well they canceled it if I am not mistaken the manga if it continues and ends but I have never read it so I do not know how it ends
Uh, as a reply to this confusing statement, I can say that the new anime adaptation is planned to adapt the full manga, yes.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I‘m surprised nobody’s brought up the one year anniversary of Hero’s reveal yet. It still remains as one of my absolute favorite Smash reveals ever, giving me almost everything I ever wanted as a huge Dragon Quest fan, and not only that, the fact that Hero ended up my most played character in Smash has made me love Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a game that I thought was one of the best things Nintendo has ever made, so much more special to me.

Thank you, Sakurai! And thank you, to everyone who made it possible for Dragon Quest in Smash to happen!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hero amiibo confirmed!

It’s just the Luminary, but I’m still hyped nonetheless. If they ever do more player alts of amiibo in the future, I’d love to see Eight get one. I want to pet mini-Munchie.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
D

Deleted member

How cool and byleth, flayn and seteth in the background.And I see that you have left the Kirby profiles with the powers of the latest DLC characters by Sakura Shinguji
I'm not Kirbyworshipper, lol.

I'm another person.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Looking back, I can't believe I was originally going to hate Hero (well, :ulthero3: more specifically) for not being Sora. Definitely not my preferred Square Enix rep, but definitely one of my favorite newcomers since I'm a master in the art of turn-based RPG's.
Well I'm glad that in the end you saw the courage to hero and I hope you are lucky and with the characters you are looking for

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It was just announced at the Xbox presentation that Dragon Quest XI S is coming to the Xbox One.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It was just announced at the Xbox presentation that Dragon Quest XI S is coming to the Xbox One.
Really? The presentation hasn't even started on my end. Or is there another presentation that I don't know about?

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Here's an update on my behavior:
PSA: Please ignore all my post and topics that were created before the COVID-19 pandemic. My opinions and thoughts have had major changes since the pandemic initiated. My behavior has now improved and I will not cause anymore trouble from now on.

All my posts from before the pandemic are now all outdated.
Erdrick does sorta resemble Goku, and for Hatsune Miku, there actually is a 3rd party character who originated from a videogame who looks similar to Hatsune Miku. Her name is Runo, she is from Bakugan, which is now obscure.

D

Deleted member

It's been over a year since Hero was released ... and he's still the most fun character to play in Ultimate.
That's because he's both a character and a slot reel in one.

Erdrick does sorta resemble Goku
That's because the artist is Akira Toriyama. If you ever played Chrono Trigger on PS1 and saw the cutscenes (or just saw the boxart for the SNES cartridge), you'd notice that Crono is basically Super Saiyan God Goku 30 years before the form was invented lol. His art style tends to be very similar across his different works.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's because the artist is Akira Toriyama. If you ever played Chrono Trigger on PS1 and saw the cutscenes (or just saw the boxart for the SNES cartridge), you'd notice that Crono is basically Super Saiyan God Goku 30 years before the form was invented lol. His art style tends to be very similar across his different works.

I've never played Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger before, but I've always known that Akira Toriyama has been the artist for both videogames. Chrono does resemble Super Saiyan God Goku. So if Erdrick could get in despite resembling Goku, then I think Runo (Bakugan) can be playable as well, despite resembling Hatsune Miku.

T1MMY

Smash Apprentice
That's because he's both a character and a slot reel in one.
Some people might find that the reason why Hero is fun, but I don't really consider him a slot reel of a character when practicing or playing. I enjoy the fast-thinking required with limited resourced (MP and 4 options available on the menu). For the most part I use Frizz and Whoosh alongside sword strikes and use Command Selection more often than not as a means of monitoring my opponent's patterns of reaction.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some great fanmade 3D renders of Femdrick and Sofia by Mutation Korno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see a lot of Dragon Quest fans online being really hyped about the new Yakuza for apparently being a big tribute to the franchise in some shape or form.

And ngl, based on some previews I've seen, the good reception It is getting and the mentioned excitement inside the DQ community I feel that It will probably be the first Yakuza game I play.
Will probably have to wait until Christmas Season for that doh.

That apart, I recently got Dragon Quest Builders 2 for 15€ at a store (probably a really good deal). Thanks to that, I now own every single Dragon Quest game officially released in Europe for the Switch excluding Dragon Quest Builders 1 (which I suppose is basically the same as Builders 2 but with very slight differences).

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I started playing Dragon Quest 7 (3DS) some Years Ago it wasnt for me
(Too many point of no Return,a Dungeon without special moves and with 2 annoying bosses etc.)
is Dragon Quest 11 a better choice for me?

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I started playing Dragon Quest 7 (3DS) some Years Ago it wasnt for me
(Too many point of no Return,a Dungeon without special moves and with 2 annoying bosses etc.)
is Dragon Quest 11 a better choice for me?
DQ11 is pretty consistent for the most part, yeah. There is a part where you lose options for a while, but at that point you're supposed to feel weak, and you still have most of your fundamental skills. The demo for 11 doesn't hit that point but it is a good 8-10 hours long, so you'll get a pretty good idea of the flow of the game. The only real reason I consider 11 a weaker entry point in the series is that with all the QoL improvements it can be hard to go back to older games after playing it, but if you're not trying to do that it's probably one of the best.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
DQ11 is pretty consistent for the most part, yeah. There is a part where you lose options for a while, but at that point you're supposed to feel weak, and you still have most of your fundamental skills. The demo for 11 doesn't hit that point but it is a good 8-10 hours long, so you'll get a pretty good idea of the flow of the game. The only real reason I consider 11 a weaker entry point in the series is that with all the QoL improvements it can be hard to go back to older games after playing it, but if you're not trying to do that it's probably one of the best.
Thanks for the explanation!:slime:

T1MMY

Smash Apprentice
DQ7 is considered one of the lower points in the series. I myself just finished the game, and it felt like it took a long time (it's 100+ hours).
I've so far completed DQ1 through DQ7 and will be moving onto DQ8 next (I've already played through 9, and some of 11). Right now I'd say my favorite has to be 9 (I have 300+ hours in the game), as well as most of the old NES/SNES titles (because I liked the simplicity of them). I hear 8 is really good, so I'm looking forward to that one.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
DQ7 is considered one of the lower points in the series. I myself just finished the game, and it felt like it took a long time (it's 100+ hours).
I've so far completed DQ1 through DQ7 and will be moving onto DQ8 next (I've already played through 9, and some of 11). Right now I'd say my favorite has to be 9 (I have 300+ hours in the game), as well as most of the old NES/SNES titles (because I liked the simplicity of them). I hear 8 is really good, so I'm looking forward to that one.
I really like 7's time travel gimmick, I think that alone puts it above the rather dated 1 & 2, and 6 just not having much going for it. But yeah, I think its flaws are more pronounced than most of the other mainline games. Personally I'd call it more "mid tier" than "low tier" but I guess that's kind of just semantics.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, are we in agreement that a Sofia skin for Hero and Slime as a newcomer should be getting heavy fan support for the next Smash?

I see a lot of Dragon Quest fans online being really hyped about the new Yakuza for apparently being a big tribute to the franchise in some shape or form.

And ngl, based on some previews I've seen, the good reception It is getting and the mentioned excitement inside the DQ community I feel that It will probably be the first Yakuza game I play.
Will probably have to wait until Christmas Season for that doh.

That apart, I recently got Dragon Quest Builders 2 for 15€ at a store (probably a really good deal). Thanks to that, I now own every single Dragon Quest game officially released in Europe for the Switch excluding Dragon Quest Builders 1 (which I suppose is basically the same as Builders 2 but with very slight differences).
The Ryu Ga Gotoku studio does some consistently good work, so you won't go wrong with that game. It even got a nomination for best RPG in the Game Awards (though with Persona 5 Royal and FF7 Remake, it's facing stiff competition).

Builders 2 has a more robust battle system, due to Koei Tecmo having been involved with the battle engine. Still need to get that game at some point.

Top Bottom