• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm currently at Sinflheim, I think I might be over leveled because I'm beating everything here with ease.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I'm currently at Sinflheim, I think I might be over leveled because I'm beating everything here with ease.
You playing with draconian quests (specifically, strong monsters)? If not, the game is known for being pretty easy, so it's not hard to just get naturally strong enough to trivialize most encounters.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You playing with draconian quests (specifically, strong monsters)? If not, the game is known for being pretty easy, so it's not hard to just get naturally strong enough to trivialize most encounters.
I am not playing with draconian quests.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hey guys so I'm having a hard time starting out in Dragon Quest 3 how do I get the personality for my party members or do I just ignore that all together and just play the game like normal

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey guys so I'm having a hard time starting out in Dragon Quest 3 how do I get the personality for my party members or do I just ignore that all together and just play the game like normal
I'd say not to worry about personalities at all on your first playthrough. If you replay the game, you can look up exactly what each personality does if you want, but for now just use the personalities as ways to spark your imagination on what kind of person each party member is like.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
This Friday I beat Dragon Quest Builders 2 and got surprised as the ending song is Kono Michi Waga Tabi, for a moment I thought they used the instrumental version of the ending from Dai no Daibouken, then I remembered that is the ending from DQII. I felt stupid that moment.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Guys, I need help.

So I’m at Baramos, and am in a bit of a pickle. I’m at Level 30, and have a party consisting of a Level 25 Sage, a Level 30 Warrior and a Level 29 Wizard. I’ve tried spamming Kabuff to hold off against Kaboom, his Fire breath and his Kafrizzle, but he just plows through my party. Can someone give me some advice? Do I grind before I face him again? Do I keep doing what I was doing?

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Guys, I need help.

So I’m at Baramos, and am in a bit of a pickle. I’m at Level 30, and have a party consisting of a Level 25 Sage, a Level 30 Warrior and a Level 29 Wizard. I’ve tried spamming Kabuff to hold off against Kaboom, his Fire breath and his Kafrizzle, but he just plows through my party. Can someone give me some advice? Do I grind before I face him again? Do I keep doing what I was doing?
It's been a long time since I played 3 so take with a grain of salt, but IIRC he's weak to snooze, so using that can help. Kabuff shouldn't be helping against spells (they ignore defense) but if his basic attacks are hurting you might want to use it anyway. I don't remember what a good level range for him is, but grinding never hurts if you think you need it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Huh, I guess one of the reasons Solo was picked for smash is because his games battle theme is also in 11.

Adol Christin

Smash Cadet
Huh, I guess one of the reasons Solo was picked for smash is because his games battle theme is also in 11.
Highly improbable.
Dragon Quest XI reuses many tracks from previous episodes. It has musics from every episode. Almost half of the whole soundtrack reuses old tracks.
But the Battle Theme from Dragon Quest 4 is used during the tournament in Dragon Quest 11 because Dragon Quest 4 has it's own tournament. It's a nice reference.

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Game is easy as hell in act 1, act 2 is normal, act 3 is actually pretty challenging in some spots (looking at you Malicious Auroral Serpent)

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say visiting the past DQ worlds is worth the price of admission alone for the Switch version of XI. Though there are some questionable selections (I forgot that the Neverglade even existed in DQV, I spent 5 minutes wondering when the hell that even happened in the game).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The plot of this game has been simple enough that I've been able to call most of the plot points so far, but:
having to fight eric s sister was not something I saw coming, that was definitely a curveball.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thread's a bit dead lately, Megadoomer Megadoomer is it ok for me to change the poll to a new one. I was thinking that since DQXI came a month ago I could ask about favorite party members from the game or which one would be cool as an AT.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thread's a bit dead lately, Megadoomer Megadoomer is it ok for me to change the poll to a new one. I was thinking that since DQXI came a month ago I could ask about favorite party members from the game or which one would be cool as an AT.
Sure; no need to ask me about that. You can change it whenever you want.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
So, a few days ago, I finally finished Dragon Quest XI. I loved it, and I highly recommend everyone who wants to give the Dragon Quest series a try to start with this one, especially on the Switch. I have a spoiler-free review, though it's long so I'll collapse it.

The game is more or less a celebration of the Dragon Quest series in general. For better or worse, it feels like the game's story was constructed as a metanarrative surrounding the idea of what a Dragon Quest game is, and more generally what it feels like to be a chosen one who journeys out to save the world from evil. The Luminary (who I'll be calling Eleven from here on out) is given all these expectations because of the mark on his hand, and has to set forth on a journey to discover what, exactly, he's even supposed to do. He knows he has to defeat evil but doesn't really know how or why, just that he has to do it. This premise isn't as subversive as I would like it to be, but this is traditional old Dragon Quest we're talking about, so the thing to appreciate about it this time is that Eleven's feelings and expressions are given a lot of focus this time. The subtle detail in the way the cutscenes showcase how he feels about the current situation give this entry's protagonist a lot of humanity. The game also reveals a detail at the very end that reshapes your preconceptions of this game's place within the rest of the series, and it's very cool.

The adventure that awaits us this time feels like Dragon Quest VIII on steroids. This time, the main character can run and jump, which Eight couldn't do, and at least in the Switch version three of your party members follow you in the overworld, which DQ8 couldn't do with the technology at the time. Eleven also has context-sensitive actions for cutting down plants, ramming into trees (both of these are to gather materials from them), climbing ledges, and crossing tightropes, which allow you to better interact with the world around you this time while keeping traversal itself nice and simple. Of course, there are mounts this time as well, such as Eleven's white horse and the various monsters you can pilot. The former gets you around faster while the latter gets you to places you couldn't reach before, such as using the trampoline-like jump of an Eggoskeleton to climb cliffs or riding a wyvern to fly around the current area. The nice thing about the horse and certain mounts is that you can defeat enemies on the overworld with them; you don't earn experience points or anything but if you find yourself overwhelmed with the enemies then you can crash into them at high speed to avoid some battles you may not be up to right now.

Speaking of battles, the battle system is as reliable as ever. Like Dragon Quest VIII, there's no class changes, only skill trees. This time, though, the skill trees aren't linear and can intersect with each other, as allowing skills from one branch can give you access to skills from other branches. For example, Sylvando can learn Litheness skills that lead to Showmanship skills, even if you didn't start with Showmanship, while Eleven's Swordmastery skills can only be accessed after learning a lot of powerful Sword or Greatsword skills. Provided you're very careful and considered in where you allocate your skill points, you're bound to always have fun experimenting with all the benefits and skills you learn for everyone. And if you regret allocating skill points in some way? Don't worry, you can visit a church anytime and they'll "refund" all of the skill points for a certain skill tree for you, at 20G a skill point, allowing you to either allocate them to a different skill tree or to allocate them differently than you did last time. There's no pressure! This isn't even getting into Pep, where at random (or after taking lots of damage over many battles) you or your party members can enter a super charged state with buffed attributes, and also access to Pep Powers, the best battle moves in the game. Using a Pep Power will rid you of your buffed attributes, though, so it's a decision you have to make when you get pepped up, and it's a trickier decision to make far more often than not.

Aside from that, the traditional Dragon Quest loop of defeating lots of enemies to gain experience points and gold is there, so in case you simply can't get past that tricky boss with your current build you can always grind to eventually overcome the challenge if you feel it's necessary. That said, there's a nice thing that's included in Dragon Quest XI, which is the Fun-Size Forge. Too-silly name aside, it allows you to forge equipment from materials and items you gather around the world, whether it be weapons, armor, or accessories. If you're smart, you can get by a lot of the game's challenges without needing to even visit the shop, if only at certain points in the story. New to the Switch version is the ability to use the forge anywhere (it used to only be at campfires) and buy the materials needed for forging if you don't have them (you have to hunt down certain rare materials yourself). Basically, it's the Alchemy Pot from DQ8 with less flexibility but more peace of mind, as you no longer need to hoard items and collectibles in case you think they can result in something cool because you have the recipes you collect all over the world instead, allowing you to just sell anything you don't need. All in all, the Fun-Size Forge is mostly there for players observant enough to periodically make better equipment for everyone in your party if you can avoid spending all that precious gold at the next town's shop.

Speaking of towns, holy hell. The cities and towns and locales in general are gorgeous this time around. They're fully detailed, with meticulously modeled food, individual weapons / armor at the shops, and completely unique assets in every single major area. The first castle town looks nothing like the next castle town, and in general every main town has a distinct identity. Like Tim Rogers said in his DQ11 review last year, it feels like every town in the game is "the main town in the game" with how packed with detail and little touches they are. But even cooler than all that is that even the overworld is broken up into little chunks with their own identity. You'll come across beaches, valleys, swamps, plains, cliffs, mountains, and more, and all with their own little specialized ways of traversing the environment. It often feels like the overworld has a similar design to it as the dungeons proper have, reminding me of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and the good parts of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I like the characters of this game a lot. They're all meticulously balanced so that none of them ever feel useless, and no one lags behind. The closest would be Rab, who is very slow and thus can miss his turn when everyone else went already, but even he has some invaluable skills in his skill tree. As characters, I like them all, though the narrative seems to favor some characters over the others. Serena in particular can feel more like a coworker than a true companion with how little the story delves into her psyche, who only starts getting a lot of focus at one point because of something happening to her externally. Erik is close, but he has foreshadowing that department. The villains are pretty generic, though they have at least one cool twist associated with them.

While I enjoyed Sugiyuck's music in the past Dragon Quest games I've played (1-8), this time I don't really like his original compositions that much. I guess I like both the town and city themes, but I don't find the castle, overworld, battle, or boss themes enjoyable this time. The battle theme in particular can be annoying, especially with it's unimaginative beginning (the latter part of the song is decent) marking the start of most of the hundreds of battles you're going to be doing. However, they are the orchestrated versions, so they are at least more easy on the ears than the midi versions the PS4 version had. Since this game is a celebration of Dragon Quest as a whole, a lot of music from past games are in this game, and since those songs are great, they help to give your ears something good to listen to every once in a while

Overall, despite some grips with it, I had so much fun with this game that I basically 100%ed it. Did every sidequest, filled out every skill tree, beat every boss, activated every Pep Power, and I beat the ultra-hard superboss you unlock after finishing the postgame's postgame (yes, the postgame has a postgame, lmao. It's very brief though, and you'll know what I mean if you play this game). This game is the very best one to start with, and it's become my 3rd favorite game in the series, behind only DQ3 and DQ5.

Edit: Also, I would like to call attention, again, to the lack of flairs for Arusu / Erdrick, Solo, and Eight. I love Dragon Quest XI like I just outlined, but we got a flair for BK :ultbanjokazooie:, Sans, and Terry:ult_terry: before we got the flairs for those three. It's been 3 whole months since The Hero :ulthero: became playable, what is keeping them from getting their flairs already? If Bowser Jr. :ultbowserjr:gets the seven Koopalings :ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:, Olimar :ultolimar: gets Alph :ultalph:, and all the characters with distinct gender swaps :ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer: get their alternate gender :ultcorrinf::ultinklingboy::ultpokemontrainerf::ultrobinf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm:, it's only fair that the heroes fo Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, and Dragon Quest VIII get their flairs already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I'm going to make a new poll given that its been a little more than a month since XI was released.

It's a general poll about given the experience people had with DQ now going through XI, especiallt newcomers, regarding what kind of extra content would you like from the series in Smash aside from a new fighter (that one would win in a landslide).

Edit: Megadoomer Megadoomer it seems I'm unable to change the poll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright, I'm going to make a new poll given that its been a little more than a month since XI was released.

It's a general poll about given the experience people had with DQ now going through XI, especiallt newcomers, regarding what kind of extra content would you like from the series in Smash aside from a new fighter (that one would win in a landslide).

Edit: Megadoomer Megadoomer it seems I'm unable to change the poll.
So there's no edit button in the top right corner of the poll? All right - what would you want the options to be, and would you want people to be able to select more than one?

D

Deleted member

So there's no edit button in the top right corner of the poll? All right - what would you want the options to be, and would you want people to be able to select more than one?
There's edit buttons but it doesn't let me change the poll name or remove the current options. Isn't it possible that since you created it and are a mod, it doesn't let me do any changes? I could pass you the poll question and fields, but if I want to modify this poll later its going to be kind of annoying to do this everytime so I would prefer to see if there are options to do it myself.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's edit buttons but it doesn't let me change the poll name or remove the current options. Isn't it possible that since you created it and are a mod, it doesn't let me do any changes? I could pass you the poll question and fields, but if I want to modify this poll later its going to be kind of annoying to do this everytime so I would prefer to see if there are options to do it myself.
I asked around about what to do; I deleted the poll, and you should be able to create a new one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want every option in the poll, so it was hard to choose just three.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I just picked up Dragon Quest 11 for the Switch and I'm just starting on the beginning steps where you get Erik.

Any advice skillbuild wise or what I should know?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I just picked up Dragon Quest 11 for the Switch and I'm just starting on the beginning steps where you get Erik.

Any advice skillbuild wise or what I should know?
Erik has a Dual-Wielding ability in his knife skill tree. Make a beeline for that, ignore any skills that don't eventually lead to it.

After that, do whatever you want with Erik. If you're open to another suggestion, you can unlock a skill for Erik in his guile tree called Divide. It makes him VERY strong, but I think it's one of those skills where you need to unlock 4 adjacent skills before it's unlocked, so if you want to learn it, be aware it'll take time.

As for everyone else, they're pretty great all around, so build them however you like.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, a few days ago, I finally finished Dragon Quest XI. I loved it, and I highly recommend everyone who wants to give the Dragon Quest series a try to start with this one, especially on the Switch. I have a spoiler-free review, though it's long so I'll collapse it.

The game is more or less a celebration of the Dragon Quest series in general. For better or worse, it feels like the game's story was constructed as a metanarrative surrounding the idea of what a Dragon Quest game is, and more generally what it feels like to be a chosen one who journeys out to save the world from evil. The Luminary (who I'll be calling Eleven from here on out) is given all these expectations because of the mark on his hand, and has to set forth on a journey to discover what, exactly, he's even supposed to do. He knows he has to defeat evil but doesn't really know how or why, just that he has to do it. This premise isn't as subversive as I would like it to be, but this is traditional old Dragon Quest we're talking about, so the thing to appreciate about it this time is that Eleven's feelings and expressions are given a lot of focus this time. The subtle detail in the way the cutscenes showcase how he feels about the current situation give this entry's protagonist a lot of humanity. The game also reveals a detail at the very end that reshapes your preconceptions of this game's place within the rest of the series, and it's very cool.

The adventure that awaits us this time feels like Dragon Quest VIII on steroids. This time, the main character can run and jump, which Eight couldn't do, and at least in the Switch version three of your party members follow you in the overworld, which DQ8 couldn't do with the technology at the time. Eleven also has context-sensitive actions for cutting down plants, ramming into trees (both of these are to gather materials from them), climbing ledges, and crossing tightropes, which allow you to better interact with the world around you this time while keeping traversal itself nice and simple. Of course, there are mounts this time as well, such as Eleven's white horse and the various monsters you can pilot. The former gets you around faster while the latter gets you to places you couldn't reach before, such as using the trampoline-like jump of an Eggoskeleton to climb cliffs or riding a wyvern to fly around the current area. The nice thing about the horse and certain mounts is that you can defeat enemies on the overworld with them; you don't earn experience points or anything but if you find yourself overwhelmed with the enemies then you can crash into them at high speed to avoid some battles you may not be up to right now.

Speaking of battles, the battle system is as reliable as ever. Like Dragon Quest VIII, there's no class changes, only skill trees. This time, though, the skill trees aren't linear and can intersect with each other, as allowing skills from one branch can give you access to skills from other branches. For example, Sylvando can learn Litheness skills that lead to Showmanship skills, even if you didn't start with Showmanship, while Eleven's Swordmastery skills can only be accessed after learning a lot of powerful Sword or Greatsword skills. Provided you're very careful and considered in where you allocate your skill points, you're bound to always have fun experimenting with all the benefits and skills you learn for everyone. And if you regret allocating skill points in some way? Don't worry, you can visit a church anytime and they'll "refund" all of the skill points for a certain skill tree for you, at 20G a skill point, allowing you to either allocate them to a different skill tree or to allocate them differently than you did last time. There's no pressure! This isn't even getting into Pep, where at random (or after taking lots of damage over many battles) you or your party members can enter a super charged state with buffed attributes, and also access to Pep Powers, the best battle moves in the game. Using a Pep Power will rid you of your buffed attributes, though, so it's a decision you have to make when you get pepped up, and it's a trickier decision to make far more often than not.

Aside from that, the traditional Dragon Quest loop of defeating lots of enemies to gain experience points and gold is there, so in case you simply can't get past that tricky boss with your current build you can always grind to eventually overcome the challenge if you feel it's necessary. That said, there's a nice thing that's included in Dragon Quest XI, which is the Fun-Size Forge. Too-silly name aside, it allows you to forge equipment from materials and items you gather around the world, whether it be weapons, armor, or accessories. If you're smart, you can get by a lot of the game's challenges without needing to even visit the shop, if only at certain points in the story. New to the Switch version is the ability to use the forge anywhere (it used to only be at campfires) and buy the materials needed for forging if you don't have them (you have to hunt down certain rare materials yourself). Basically, it's the Alchemy Pot from DQ8 with less flexibility but more peace of mind, as you no longer need to hoard items and collectibles in case you think they can result in something cool because you have the recipes you collect all over the world instead, allowing you to just sell anything you don't need. All in all, the Fun-Size Forge is mostly there for players observant enough to periodically make better equipment for everyone in your party if you can avoid spending all that precious gold at the next town's shop.

Speaking of towns, holy hell. The cities and towns and locales in general are gorgeous this time around. They're fully detailed, with meticulously modeled food, individual weapons / armor at the shops, and completely unique assets in every single major area. The first castle town looks nothing like the next castle town, and in general every main town has a distinct identity. Like Tim Rogers said in his DQ11 review last year, it feels like every town in the game is "the main town in the game" with how packed with detail and little touches they are. But even cooler than all that is that even the overworld is broken up into little chunks with their own identity. You'll come across beaches, valleys, swamps, plains, cliffs, mountains, and more, and all with their own little specialized ways of traversing the environment. It often feels like the overworld has a similar design to it as the dungeons proper have, reminding me of The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and the good parts of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I like the characters of this game a lot. They're all meticulously balanced so that none of them ever feel useless, and no one lags behind. The closest would be Rab, who is very slow and thus can miss his turn when everyone else went already, but even he has some invaluable skills in his skill tree. As characters, I like them all, though the narrative seems to favor some characters over the others. Serena in particular can feel more like a coworker than a true companion with how little the story delves into her psyche, who only starts getting a lot of focus at one point because of something happening to her externally. Erik is close, but he has foreshadowing that department. The villains are pretty generic, though they have at least one cool twist associated with them.

While I enjoyed Sugiyuck's music in the past Dragon Quest games I've played (1-8), this time I don't really like his original compositions that much. I guess I like both the town and city themes, but I don't find the castle, overworld, battle, or boss themes enjoyable this time. The battle theme in particular can be annoying, especially with it's unimaginative beginning (the latter part of the song is decent) marking the start of most of the hundreds of battles you're going to be doing. However, they are the orchestrated versions, so they are at least more easy on the ears than the midi versions the PS4 version had. Since this game is a celebration of Dragon Quest as a whole, a lot of music from past games are in this game, and since those songs are great, they help to give your ears something good to listen to every once in a while

Overall, despite some grips with it, I had so much fun with this game that I basically 100%ed it. Did every sidequest, filled out every skill tree, beat every boss, activated every Pep Power, and I beat the ultra-hard superboss you unlock after finishing the postgame's postgame (yes, the postgame has a postgame, lmao. It's very brief though, and you'll know what I mean if you play this game). This game is the very best one to start with, and it's become my 3rd favorite game in the series, behind only DQ3 and DQ5.

Edit: Also, I would like to call attention, again, to the lack of flairs for Arusu / Erdrick, Solo, and Eight. I love Dragon Quest XI like I just outlined, but we got a flair for BK :ultbanjokazooie:, Sans, and Terry:ult_terry: before we got the flairs for those three. It's been 3 whole months since The Hero :ulthero: became playable, what is keeping them from getting their flairs already? If Bowser Jr. :ultbowserjr:gets the seven Koopalings :ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:, Olimar :ultolimar: gets Alph :ultalph:, and all the characters with distinct gender swaps :ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer: get their alternate gender :ultcorrinf::ultinklingboy::ultpokemontrainerf::ultrobinf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm:, it's only fair that the heroes fo Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest IV, and Dragon Quest VIII get their flairs already.

Have you tried contacting one of the admins? They might be able to get on it if you bring it up to them.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Have you tried contacting one of the admins? They might be able to get on it if you bring it up to them.
Well, no, I didn't think I would have to. But I guess it's gonna have to come to that.

I'll need to figure out how to contact them to gently remind them to add the flairs for the remaining Hero alts.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, no, I didn't think I would have to. But I guess it's gonna have to come to that.

I'll need to figure out how to contact them to gently remind them to add the flairs for the remaining Hero alts.
I just checked and there's a thread regarding the issue in the user feedback forum. Though it still has yet to see a response from any admin, it wouldn't hurt to post in there so the thread can stay up and active.

EDIT: the admin who you want to talk to in particular is Warchamp7.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I just checked and there's a thread regarding the issue in the user feedback forum. Though it still has yet to see a response from any admin, it wouldn't hurt to post in there so the thread can stay up and active.

EDIT: the admin who you want to talk to in particular is Warchamp7.
I got caught up in a meeting before I could look for it myself, so thank you so much for finding the thread for me! I made a post and hopefully the admins will take notice.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finished Dragon Quest XI a while back. Loved every minute of it.

While I'm at it...though it's best to put this on the spoiler tag.
Has anyone played the post game stuff and beaten the true final boss yet? If so, is there anything I should know before I even consider going after it?

Slime Master

Smash Ace

Has anyone played the post game stuff and beaten the true final boss yet? If so, is there anything I should know before I even consider going after it?
Although there isn't much more story to get through to get to the true final boss, there's tons of postgame content, you can spend as much time on it if not more. Also, it's hard to explain why without spoiling some of the postgame but you'll want to progress to a certain point in the story before tackling any of the side content; you'll probably know what I mean when you get there.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

I have. Everything Slime Master said is helpful, but I would also remind you that one of Eleven's best pieces of equipment can only be acquired by going to the Mini Medal headmaster with 90 of them, so I suggest you make that a long-term goal.

Also, there is an area in Zwaardrust that opens up around the time the "certain point in the story" Slime Master mentions, you'll know it when it happens. It is next to the area you got one of the orbs that you acquired for Yggdrasil's Altar for. It is a VERY helpful area and, if possible, you might want to go there as soon as you can after the "certain point in the story".

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I appreciate it y'all. Really helped a lot.

Still gonna put this in the spoiler tag in case anyone here hasn't played the game or hasn't gotten far into the story yet.
I beat Calasmos and saw the true ending and everything. The fight wasn't as hard as I thought it would be though.
Being my first Dragon Quest game I've ever played, I must say I really enjoyed this whole experience.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I appreciate it y'all. Really helped a lot.

Still gonna put this in the spoiler tag in case anyone here hasn't played the game or hasn't gotten far into the story yet.
I beat Calasmos and saw the true ending and everything. The fight wasn't as hard as I thought it would be though.
Being my first Dragon Quest game I've ever played, I must say I really enjoyed this whole experience.
or you can be like me and forget to use the Super Sword of Light as an item, level everyone into the late 90s, and still have an incredibly difficult time due to keeping his shroud of darkness on the whole time.

Glad you enjoyed the game!

Top Bottom