• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the folks here will go through the Five Stages of Smash DLC Release Window Grief, at this rate.

And yet most people somehow think the pass will only have third parties. In Square's case, Uematsu and Nomura probably weren't available to contact at the time anyway, so they had to make do with what they already had from 4.

That being said, I have a feeling that Sakurai must have went above and beyond to persuade key Enix figures to allow content. The guy did say that he had to "twist some arms".
It's very likely it will be 3rd party only, they can use cheaper franchises like Yokai Watch or DOOM.
I just dont think puting stuff like Byleth or Scrobunny is a smart decision.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's very likely it will be 3rd party only, they can use cheaper franchises like Yokai Watch or DOOM.
I just dont think puting stuff like Byleth or Scrobunny is a smart decision.
Maybe, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to do something like that. I'm open to any possibility happening (and besides, no matter who's coming next, some people out there will be let down by the choices no matter what :drshrug:). Also, let's not underestimate my boy Sobble.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hooding for Break the Targets or Smash Run tbh.

Although on the other hand, I can hold on those for a while. Hopefully by DLC #5 release we get Boss Rush.

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
Well...a shame Hero isn't droping this week, but honestly i always through we'll get him in mid-july so i think next week is way more likely.

D

Deleted member

Well...a shame Hero isn't droping this week, but honestly i always through we'll get him in mid-july so i think next week is way more likely.
I can wait as much as needed honestly.

UA3 and DQB2 will help me do so on the meantime.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hooding for Break the Targets or Smash Run tbh.

Although on the other hand, I can hold on those for a while. Hopefully by DLC #5 release we get Boss Rush.
Probably Home Run Contest with Hero given the datamine. I would guess Boss Rush with B&K because it seems as if Grunty might be a new boss based on the trailer. Then maybe Break the Targets with #4 and Smash Run with #5. Although I could see #5 adding a real all star mode instead since smash run would be a heck of a lot of work.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Probably Home Run Contest with Hero given the datamine. I would guess Boss Rush with B&K because it seems as if Grunty might be a new boss based on the trailer. Then maybe Break the Targets with #4 and Smash Run with #5. Although I could see #5 adding a real all star mode instead since smash run would be a heck of a lot of work.
I think people seriously underestimate how much work Smash Run took. I doubt it can be added as a free update, especially when they don't have 3DS models to port.

I don't see "real" All-Star mode being included when it was already a slog in Smash 4 and we already have a new version of it.

Also, Gruntilda is most likely a background character like Castlevania enemies, Slime and Phantom Thieves. If we do end up getting a Boss Battles Mode, it'll probably just basegame bosses- 10, just like Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people seriously underestimate how much work Smash Run took. I doubt it can be added as a free update, especially when they don't have 3DS models to port.

I don't see "real" All-Star mode being included when it was already a slog in Smash 4 and we already have a new version of it.

Also, Gruntilda is most likely a background character like Castlevania enemies, Slime and Phantom Thieves. If we do end up getting a Boss Battlesmmode, it'll probably just basegame bosses- 10, just like Brawl.
Yeah, Smashrun doesn’t seem like free DLC stuff for me.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Also, Gruntilda is most likely a background character like Castlevania enemies, Slime and Phantom Thieves. If we do end up getting a Boss Battlesmmode, it'll probably just basegame bosses- 10, just like Brawl.
Agreed on smash run. But the suspicious part about Gruntilda to me is that the spiral mountain stage does not normally have the bridge to grunty's lair as we see in the multiplayer match scene, but we later see banjo by himself on that bridge in what looks more like the introduction to a boss fight. It's similar to the Castlevania trailer like that.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Hero gets expanded WOL
Banjo gets Home run
#4 gets Break the targets(10 different stages like brawls)
#5 gets boss rush. How about you choose what bosses to fight? Not the order that'll be random, but lets say WOL, classic and maybe they add a couple for this.

Last edited:

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
Hero gets expanded WOL
Banjo gets Home run
#4 gets Break the targets(10 different stages like brawls)
#5 gets boss rush. How about you choose what bosses to fight? Not the order that'll be random, but lets say WOL, classic and maybe they add a couple for this.
Wouldn't a expanded WoL make more sense when we have all the DLC characters through?

D

Deleted member

Agreed on smash run. But the suspicious part about Gruntilda to me is that the spiral mountain stage does not normally have the bridge to grunty's lair as we see in the multiplayer match scene, but we later see banjo by himself on that bridge in what looks more like the introduction to a boss fight. It's similar to the Castlevania trailer like that.
I'm pretty much doubt for new bosses being added, as they seem to have been developed in mind for the base game and they would require additional resources for DLC. A boss rush mode would have about 9 bosses already given the default 7 plus Galleem and Darkhon

(Plus for Banjo they can use Galleom as an analogy to Grunty's Tank on Tooie, and the Hero could use Ganon)

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much doubt for new bosses being added, as they seem to have been developed in mind for the base game and they would require additional resources for DLC. A boss rush mode would have about 9 bosses already given the default 7 plus Galleem and Darkhon

(Plus for Banjo they can use Galleom as an analogy to Grunty's Tank on Tooie, and the Hero could use Ganon)
Hero should use Rathalos, I mean it's called Dragon Quest, also Rathalos appeared in the trailer.

D

Deleted member

A mode I would love to see added as a free update would be an expansion to Multi-Man based on the playable Maste Hand level from WoL.

D

Deleted member

Hero should use Rathalos, I mean it's called Dragon Quest, also Rathalos appeared in the trailer.
The hero could use a few of the bosses as references to the series:
Rathalos + Robin in reference to Dragonlord
Ganon as Estark
Marx could be one to Malroth

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Quick random question: Isn’t Erdrick’s real name Erdwin or something?

Last edited:

Kronch

Smash Cadet
Still hoping for the trailer today and Erdrick tomorrow.

...I can dream, right?

EDIT: Okay, time to just be patient. :p

Last edited:

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Looks like we will have to wait a while before we can play as Hero.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Next few days is a really short window. That basically says to me that he's not coming before Monday or Tuesday. I still think he could drop next week.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hero's not going to drop so quickly regardless. They need the time they can get to have him working just right, so they got all Summer to do this.
I think early August is the latest he would drop. If it was going to be any later they would have just said August. Unless there was a delay in development or something.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think early August is the latest he would drop. If it was going to be any later they would have just said August. Unless there was a delay in development or something.
Technically, Summer can last until late September, at least depending on the date. Also, just a few days away from DQ11's release on Switch. :p

Besides, I don't think they can afford too much of a delay, since another fighter comes right after Hero in Fall. :ultbanjokazooie:

I just hope nobody accuses Enix of intentionally holding things back...

Last edited:

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
Technically, Summer can last until late September, at least depending on the date. Also, just a few days away from DQ11's release on Switch. :p

Besides, I don't think they can afford too much of a delay, since another fighter comes right after Hero in Fall. :ultbanjokazooie:

It's going to be either next week or the other, i dont think they will drop him that late.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

September would be too late imo. Like you said, Banjo is in the fall. A November release for themwould be getting too late, as they would only have 3 months left for the final 2, so I fully expect them in October. I guess we could see Banjo coming out immediately after Hero, but that would really surprise me. I really think August is the latest they'll push it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
September would be too late imo. Like you said, Banjo is in the fall. A November release for themwould be getting too late, as they would only have 3 months left for the final 2, so I fully expect them in October. I guess we could see Banjo coming out immediately after Hero, but that would really surprise me. I really think August is the latest they'll push it.
In any case, we'll have to wait and see. Enix has been pushing DQ11's impending Switch release really hard as the year plodded along, so I wouldn't be shocked if Hero gets released as close to September as humanly possible. We just don't know how far along the Smash devs are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom