• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's to hoping G&W keeps his Up-Smash from Smash 4

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
It's really such a useful move in general, and I hope that it manages to stay this game especially with how Interesting the interactions are. Definitely my favourite Up-Smash from Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

It really is a good up smash. From what we're seeing, it looks like the only thing changing about him is his animations. Not really moves in general.

Paper_Marzio

Smash Cadet
It really is a good up smash. From what we're seeing, it looks like the only thing changing about him is his animations. Not really moves in general.
Yeah I was mainly hoping that they kept the frame-data for this game so the move isn't slow or lacks invincibility frames. compared to Smash 4.

X3I

Smash Apprentice
I remember when 4 years ago I was the only one hyped for this Up Smash (the game just came out)...
Took like 2 months for G&W mainers to realise it truly was broken.

By the way, just a quick prediction :
His new Fair is as game changing as this new Up Smash was.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Up smash is confirmed to retain the invincibility, though it seems to be invincible during the active/end frames now instead of during the wind-up, meaning it's harder for people to punish you for throwing it out randomly, but it can't as easily be used as a counter.

Last edited:

X3I

Smash Apprentice
Having the invincibility frames during the active frames has some advantages :

- It won't trade anymore on some situations
- You can charge it and release the invincibility frames whenever you want
- If you whiff, you won't be easily punished (especially because the invincibility lasts a bit longer than the active frames)

Globally I would say this is a nerf but that the move is still awesome. You won't be able to do a react punish anymore, but for such situations you have the new UpB and its 2 frames of start-up. We just have to adapt, but G&W is buffed on this part, in my opinion.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Up smash is confirmed to retain the invincibility, though it seems to be invincible during the active/end frames now instead of during the wind-up, meaning it's harder for people to punish you for throwing it out randomly, but it can't as easily be used as a counter.
Thank you for this info very much! He’s someone I mained in Smash 4

Top Bottom