• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the Top Canadian Players to Look Out for at The Big House 6

Historically one of the strongest overall countries in Smash, Canada will be bringing their best to compete in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at The Big House 6. Here's some of top Canadian players to watch out for next weekend.

Melee

David "KirbyKaze" MacDonald :sheikmelee:: After retiring from Melee nearly a year ago, Sheik legend KirbyKaze has returned. A true student of the game, his innovative Sheik was once considered top 10 in the world at his peak. With KirbyKaze rusting off by attending more local tournaments and focusing on his mindset, could The Big House 6 be his big return?

Edgard "n0ne" Shelby :falconmelee::ganondorfmelee:: Canada's premier FalconDorf player needs no introduction. This year, he has proved himself as a top 25 level player, netting wins over the likes of Mew2King, S2J, Duck, PewPewU and more. If he can keep up his fiery play all weekend, n0ne could make a deep run.

Roustane "Kage" Benzeguir :falconmelee::ganondorfmelee::foxmelee:: Kage is looking to bring his all at The Big House 6. After EVO 2016, he decided to drop his signature Ganondorf in favor of focusing more on Captain Falcon and Fox. However, Kage has not seen the same level of success that he once had since his character switch -- will Kage opt for Ganondorf this weekend or will his Captain Falcon and Fox carry him to success?

Ryan Ford :foxmelee:: Ryan Ford has generally been consistent throughout 2016, cementing himself as a top 2 player in Canada. However, aside from a strong 17th place finish at GOML 2016, his super major results have been lackluster in comparison, meaning he needs a good performance at The Big House 6.

William "Trulliam" Trong :falcomelee:: One of Canada's fastest rising stars (currently ranked #3 in Ontario), Trulliam is looking to make upsets happen, and he clearly has the potential to do it, as shown by his recent wins over n0ne and Aaron "Professor Pro" Thomas.

Vik "Nightmare" Bassi :marthmelee:: Another one of Canada's new blood, Nightmare made a splash on the national level by beating Kashan "Chillin" Khan en route to a 17th place finish at CEO 2016. Can he continue his success with his flashy Marth?

Some more notable Canadian Melee players at The Big House 6 include Austin "Coffeeblack" Scarlato :falconmelee:, Kurtis "sauc3" Trainor :foxmelee:, Vanitas :icsmelee:, Derek "SAUS" Langlois :falcomelee::linkmelee:, Monib "Monib" Baray :luigimelee:, Kenneth "Flood" Diamond :peachmelee:, Simon "Yardsale" Fessehaye :peachmelee::icsmelee:, Damian "Damian Tyson" Scaligine :sheikmelee:, K :sheikmelee: and Timothy "Jamrun" Kocik :peachmelee:.

Smash 4

Elliot "Ally" Carroza-Oyarce :4mario:: Ally is one of the favorites to win Smash 4 at The Big House 6. However, the road to first place won't be easy -- though his recent performances at tournaments such as Super Smash Con 2016 and 2GGT: Abadango Saga have been good, they don't hold a candle to his dominant EVO run. Nevertheless, Ally's incredible Mario play is nothing to sleep on.

Kelsy "SuperGirlKels" Medeiros :4sonic:: Fan favorite Sonic SuperGirlKels is looking to continue her success that she has had over the past few months. With a recent 13th place finish at Shine 2016, SuperGirlKels has shown she can be a consistent national level threat, and The Big House 6 is shaping out to be another great tournament for her.

Aaron "Blacktwins" G.V :4mario::4cloud2:: Rocking a very solid Mario and Cloud, Blacktwins is one of Ontario's most fearsome players. Coming off an impressive 33rd place at Super Smash Con, he could easily take it further next weekend.

Additionally, be sure to keep an eye out for Diego "Venom" Lopez :4ryu:, Jordan "Raziek" McGee :4cloud2::4robinf:, Chris "Chrim Foisch" Fisch :4diddy:, Robert "Poke" Jackson :4luigi::4dk:, David "KingKong" Mitchell :4bowser: and Kevin "IceNinja" Gan :4palutena:.

---​

Excited for The Big House 6? Tweet on Twitter with the hashtag #TBH6 and stay tuned to Smashboards for more The Big House 6 coverage.

Last edited:

Comments

lol Kage's Fox.
He's still been playing Ganon as pretty much usual. In fact I think he's been using his Falcon less lately. Maybe one day in the future, but for now his Fox isn't ready for a major.

Unlike Kage, SAUS has been actually committing to a change to Falco.

Also where's KingKong for Smash 4??

lol Kage's Fox.
He's still been playing Ganon as pretty much usual. In fact I think he's been using his Falcon less lately. Maybe one day in the future, but for now his Fox isn't ready for a major.

Unlike Kage, SAUS has been actually committing to a change to Falco.

Also where's KingKong for Smash 4??
My Fox definitely isn't ready but the Falcon switch is for Sheiks mainly. I'm trying to learn Marth for spacies. I'm still all over the place but I think I can finally settle. =P

Top Bottom