• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here I Come to Save the Day! - Terrytoons Rep for NASB

This Thread Hypes Up TERRY-TOON Characters!

What is Terrytoons?
Terrytoons was the public name of an old animation studio. One that was around from 1929 until 1972, lasting over 40 years in the cartoon business.

If they're so old, did they have a mascot?
Oh, they had several. Primarily Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, Farmer Al Falfa, and Sidney the Elephant, among countless others.

Why should we root for an old studio that isn't even around?
You should support a Terrytoons character in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl because of the longevity factor of these characters. Think of them as the "retro picks" in Smash, if you will.

Okay. What kind of connection does Terrytoons have to Nickelodeon, other than the shared parent company?
That's the hard part. There was Curbside, a pilot to a show that never got picked up, and Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures had John Kricfalusi's involvement, there's not much else you can connect between the two studios in a direct path.

Why select characters this old? Did you grow up with them or something?
Actually, I did not grow up with them at all. Despite that, I happen to frequent the Cartoon Research website, which Terrytoons has been covered before for posterity and future reference. Go take a look at some real talented historians.

Terrytoons Archivists:​
  1. Master Hero Sock-on-Rye (That's me.)​

Top Bottom