• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB1; Greensboro, NC -*PRICING UPDATED**NEW VENUE* MELEE+Brawl; 3/21-22

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Stay out of North Carolina, Jason. We don't want you here. >:C

I can house around like 5 people the day before if need be. You'll all be downstairs in the living room though.

5 bucks per person

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
I will be there for the Melee tournament. If I can get my doubles partner to come, that'll include one more. I've got 3 friends who think they will come for Brawl.

I am pretty sure none of you know who I am, but I see this as my chance to break out of Jacksonville, NC (where I haven't met anyone who can beat me consistently on Melee) and get my name out :)

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
ok here is the deal. ima get g$$ to drive me, jman and m2k to this. pakman and scar can come themselves ofr melee. this also saves them 6 hours of driving now that they dont have to get jman. if this happens ima be teaming with M2K for brawl and jman will be with m2k for melee like 90 percent sure. M2K said he would pay for G$$'s gas. NOw it is all up to G$$ i am sure he will do it.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Man I hope G$ agrees.
this tournament will be like a preview of what NC and SC smash is like for me. I am moving to Charlotte, NC in the summer that is if we sell the house. You know how hard it is to sell a house. Once i do move i will bring my epic tourney hosting to NC and i can guarantee bringing epic tournaments for the future XDDDD and more of them. hopefully weekly or monthlies for brawl and melee. <333 melee

BEHR

Smash Hero
THE MATH
Just so you bros don't think I'm trying to jack some money outta this. Here is the math comparison of the venues. Bur Mil called me anyway and told me to go **** myself.

Bur Mil Room Fee: $265 a day
Hostess Fee: $13 an hour per day.
Chair fee: $1 per chair per day.

Room alone: $265 x2 = $530
one day Both days
With hostess: $13 x15hours = $195 x2 = $390 (this is without her cleanup time)
$390+$530 = $920 Total fee without chairs.

one day both days
With Chairs: $1 x100 chairs = $100 x2 = $200 (more chairs more money.)
TOTAL FOR BUR MIL: $920+$200= $1120 <---This could still vary.

Pros: Nothing.

Cons: Food spots is mad far. Venue is way out there. Parking is limited. The room was like one wall with outlets with removeable walls with no outlets. TIME LIMITED! We would have to be out by midnight.

New Venue

LandMark Inn Room Fee: $500 per day.
Chair fee: None
Hostess: None
Hotel room prices: $40 dollars for King Bedroom, $50 dollar for two beds in a room. FLAT RATE. Tax is included in those prices.

Total price: $1000 dollars per day.

Pros: If you can't afford a room, venue will be open for housing. Food is everywhere around the venue. Right off the highway meaning you don't have to drive through most of Gboro to get to it. Lots of outlets (bring powerstrips) Easy to organize. If I need chairs, I grab more. Need tables? I grab more. I GOT THE ROOM FEE DOWN $200 dollars (original price was $700 a day.) Owner even gave me a good sized addtional room to play in. WE ARE INSIDE THE HOTEL! You can sleep and just walk to the tournament. No real limit on people.

Cons: Maybe that it is a little hidden and you might miss it but not if you look at the satellite pics on google. (See link at Location.)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
you didn't put me on the brawl list :/
should this payout more since it seems liek it will be big and theres a lot of money in the pot?
and are regional crews gonna possibly happen? (i think i heard doubtful before but was double checking)

melee
scar - $10
dark hart - $3
dr. peepee - $1
Pakman - $5
ive jihad it - $5

brawl
brian - $5
dr. peepee - $1
ive jihad it - $5
malcomM - $5
BEHR - $1

anyone else?

me $5 brawl

BEHR

Smash Hero
New List. :3

well updated one for Melee.

Edit:Star- well we thought it would be better just for Top 3 to earn that money for good competition.

Crew for Melee possibly if you guys want since we have the Venue all night long we could do Brawl as well I guess but I wont be there I have school the next day.

Vilt

Smash Lord
If we do a crew battle, I'll just set it up like a tourney. Take a entry fee so winning crew can gets some money. Good idea?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
melee
scar - $10
dark hart - $3
dr. peepee - $1
Pakman - $5
ive jihad it - $5
vilt - $2

brawl

brian - $5
dr. peepee - $1
ive jihad it - $5
malcomM - $5
BEHR - $1
vilt - $2
Take me of that list bro, can't make it =(

Does the venue have internet?

We could get a live stream.

I am definitely gonna record.
I think they're setting up live stream.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Does the venue have internet?

We could get a live stream.

I am definitely gonna record.
No it doesn't but if anyone has one of those portable internet cards, we could. Maybe I could talk to the owner and see if I can set up a wireless router if they even have internet. Anyone have a wireless router they would like to bring?

Top Bottom