• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Helps with DI'ing this combo?

SableGuy

Smash Rookie
So I was at a weekly, and for one of my matches I had to play against a Marth. This isn't too big of a problem, I mostly get this matchup, but by the second game he realized I didn't know how to DI d-throw to f-smash as puff. I felt really stupid because this feels like a combo that I should be able to easily get past. Can someone give me any tips on DI'ing this combo?
Thanks in advance.

SSB Bentendo

Smash Rookie
NNID
BowlyBen
So I was at a weekly, and for one of my matches I had to play against a Marth. This isn't too big of a problem, I mostly get this matchup, but by the second game he realized I didn't know how to DI d-throw to f-smash as puff. I felt really stupid because this feels like a combo that I should be able to easily get past. Can someone give me any tips on DI'ing this combo?
Thanks in advance.
You have to di away from the direction that the downthrow sends you, a good way to tell whether he will do forward throw f smash or back throw f smash is to look at where he grabbed you, if he is facing towards the edge of the stage when he grabs you, expect the forward throw forward smash, but if he is facing away from the edge of the stage, then expect the back throw f smash, but Marth can mix it up by doing a back throw f smash if he is facing the ledge, I think you can react to the throw, but I hope this was helpful.

SableGuy

Smash Rookie
You have to di away from the direction that the downthrow sends you, a good way to tell whether he will do forward throw f smash or back throw f smash is to look at where he grabbed you, if he is facing towards the edge of the stage when he grabs you, expect the forward throw forward smash, but if he is facing away from the edge of the stage, then expect the back throw f smash, but Marth can mix it up by doing a back throw f smash if he is facing the ledge, I think you can react to the throw, but I hope this was helpful.
Thanks man that's really helpful

Top Bottom