• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Helpful Tip for Finding RECENT Luigi Videos from Tournaments

Davrob1

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. This is just a nice way to find recent matches of top Luigi players.

I basically have a link bookmarked in my browser that will get all the recent videos on YouTube that contain the word 'LUIGI' and any top player names. This obviously isn't the only way to find recent videos, but I find it super convenient (since I literally just have to click a bookmark). I have been using this technique for over a year now, and it is surprisingly VERY RELIABLE since most streamers name their videos properly when they upload them to YouTube (ie they include the player name AND the character they used).

Here is the crafty link, PASTED BELOW, which you may modify yourself if you know any other Luigi players that you are interested in including (or removing). (TIP: If modifying, I prefer to modify it within the search bar in YouTube, but once you do a new search, make sure that you manually add the filtering option to 'sort by upload date' again because whenever you do a new search it reverts to the default filtering, which is sort by relevance.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=("eddy+mexico"+OR+"abate"+OR+"vudujin"+OR+"rofl"+OR+"luigikid"+OR+"blea+gelo"+OR+"ka+master"+OR+"ka-master"+OR+"Boulevard"+OR+"BLVD"+OR+"vist"+OR+"knubs"+OR+"yoyo"+OR+"davrob01"+OR+"luigigoshard")+AND+luigi&sp=CAI%3D

Just bookmark it and thank me later. For anyone curious, my search criteria contains the following text, and then of course my link automatically includes the filter to sort by upload date (most recent first). Note: you can also simply copy the below text and paste it into the search bar on YouTube yourself and then sort by upload date, to achieve the same result (as clicking the above link). And once you add the sorting you can bookmark it (the sorting is saved as a query string in the URL, which is nice - good job YouTube)

("eddy mexico" OR "abate" OR "vudujin" OR "rofl" OR "luigikid" OR "blea gelo" OR "ka master" OR "ka-master" OR "Boulevard" OR "BLVD" OR "vist" OR "knubs" OR "yoyo" OR "davrob01" OR "luigigoshard") AND luigi

Hope this helps!

Edit: This most likely will NOT work on YouTube mobile.

Edit 2: It appears that a few videos are missing in the first pages of the results sometimes. Not sure what causes this (Damn it YouTube). But a work-around solution is to use the Upload Date filter: 'this year'. Here a link for that (same link as above, except the filter 'this year' is attached also):

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=...o"+OR+"davrob01"+OR+"luigigoshard")+AND+luigi

Last edited:
Top Bottom