• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help!!!!

Atlantis_Rising

Smash Rookie
Can't even begin to explain what made me pick up Squirtle, but I enjoy him. My problem is that I rely way too heavily on his over B for literally everything from attacking to movement. My SDs have sky rocketed and I'm fairly certain I'm losing friends (sarcasm...mostly) over it.

Seems my more effective combo is over B-over B-up smash. That's after I sit there for the majority of the match spamming over B to rack up damage. I understand this is makes me a horrible person, and I understand that I do not deserve to plug in my controller over this lmao, however I would like to get better at Squirtle as I do enjoy the feel of him.

I understand I should be specific in my request in tips, but, honestly, I'm just looking for anything that people have picked up with him. I've steadily gotten better and have been working my way into conversations at locals with my play with Squirtle, and I'd like to continue that, as well as get better with him.

Life

Smash Hero
Learn how Squirtle's turnaround works. The most important Squirtle-specific techs are slingjump (basically just RAR, but it's actually Squirtle's fastest form of horizontal movement LOL), wavesling (basically just RAR wavedash), and the basics of hydroplaning (Reverse Hydroplane Usmash and hydrograb are the most important ones, but if you get comfy and decide you want more technical stuff there's plenty more).

Credit to Daftatt for this image: http://i.imgur.com/zgzvPEK.png

Then unbind your special button and play training and/or against the computer until you're comfortable moving around the stage without Withdraw. (Don't play the computer too much or you'll get other bad habits, but it's okay)

Last edited:
Top Bottom