• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with uthrow rest specifics

DKJ_Zaq

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm a puff main and I mainly play against fox and falco, because that is who both my brother and best friend main. Naturally, I up throw rest a lot. I'm better than both of them and barely ever lose, but when they get around 35%, sometimes they manage to jump out of the way of my rest, and I miss it. I know I should double jump rest, but does anyone know when I should start doing double jump instead of single jump? Also when will double jump stop working? Percentges for both fox and falco if it's possible. Thanks in advance.

Rawm

Smash Rookie
I personally always double jump and just visually rest when I am inside. But after the throw if they are 35% or greater you have to double jump. I believe when the spacie gets to above 73% after the throw, rest is not guaranteed and it would probably be safer to just go for an up air.

Last edited:

rivers

Smash Cadet
start double jumping high 30s. If they're at about 40% after you throw them, single jump won't cover it and they'll escape.

T^2

Smash Cadet
Personally I always double jump. If you find yourself not being able to get the timing of it down, up throw up air rest works at around the same percent double jump is required if I remember correctly.best of luck!

Last edited:

Masondeanm

Smash Cadet
I personally always double jump and just visually rest when I am inside. But after the throw if they are 35% or greater you have to double jump. I believe when the spacie gets to above 73% after the throw, rest is not guaranteed and it would probably be safer to just go for an up air.
73%? You haven't been living.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ovsMcfsKeyA

In regards to OP, I also always DJ as far as I know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom