• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with training

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Well, my friend sucks and spam ike's jab(not if that was a problem, he's just too easy), so i stopped training against him

What's the best way for training in brawl with yourself? just P-1, nobody?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
use cpus and pretend they're real opponents. I've heard of people who do this and it somehow helps them. Other than that your next best thing is wifi.

CelestiBoom

Smash Rookie
In Cappy Town with Kirby, MK and Dedede...
Teach him how not to spam Ike's Jab and the disadvantages of doing a move too much.
For example, spamming a move just makes you too predictable, and you can just use a character like Peach or Lucario to use their Counter Move (Toad (Peach) and Double Team (Lucario) are used by them).
Second, K.O'ing. most jabs have very limited K.O potential. Teach him that using smash attacks can help you at later %'s, as you can finished them off easily (Unless you main Lucario, then you have depend on your own % level as well as the opponents.)
There, now your friend's Ike should be denoobified.

Kakashi151

Smash Rookie
Try to fight against numerous computer players at high levels all against you on a team. (I know it sounds suicidal, but trust me, it works.)

After a while, you'll be able to handle three Level 8-9 computer players all fighting you at once! And yes, I realize it will take a WHILE for this method to show its true potential in terms or results; however this method, while time consuming, is extremely effective.

Hope I could help!

Top Bottom