• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with the Snake matchup

Mint Tea

Smash Rookie
I've recently picked up Ness in Ultimate and I'm having a great time playing as him. I will say that I am suffering with the recovery but other than that everything seems to be coming natural to me. Of all the matchups I've experienced so far, Snake is giving me the most difficulty. Snakes Side B always destroys me whenever im trying to get back on stage and ends up ruining my lead. What would be the best way to get around this and if there is any other information I need to know about this matchup.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
You can absorb grenades, nikita, c4, up smash, and even fsmash, and they will all recover a considerable amount of damage. Reflecting grenades is also an option in some scenarios. You can also blow up grenades from a distance with PK fire.

Make them scared to even use their explosives, then go for the throat with your far superior toolkit once the explosives are neutralized.

As for nikita off stage, yeah, that just gonna blow you to bits every time if the Snake player uses it properly. Not much counterplay there without a teleport recovery. Snake and Ness destroy each other off stage, so use your magnet to control the pace of the match and maintain center stage so that Snake is the one who has to consistently recover.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Make sure you've got your second jump handy, or recover higher. As it has been states, PSI Magnet absorbs all of Snake's explosives. It'll force the Snake to become creative for trying to land punishes on you. If Snake decides to pull out a grenade and shield while on a platform, attack with Ness' PSI Magnet instead of uair or any aerial. It'll nip him and heal you at the same time. :D

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
My best friend plays snake and I play ness to counter him.
1) eat all those explosives
2) dodge the dashes/grabs
3) spikes for low recovery, pkt for high
4) recovery mixups, best order imo is magnet--->jump---->airdodge/upb.

Top Bottom