• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Snake?

saladtossfalcon

Smash Rookie
There are two Snake mains that I face regularly face in local tournaments and they almost always beat me. As a Captain Falcon main, I find it really difficult to approach them and also keeping them off the stage, as their up-B almost always hits me before I can land a knee or any move that would keep them from recovering. Because of this, and the fact that they can cancel their up-B into an aerial. They always survive up to high percents. The only way I can make any sort of advance is if they mess up. Does anyone have any strategy to approach Snake as Captain Falcon and also keep Snake off stage?

Infinite

Smash Rookie
I don't play falcon much so the intricacies allude me but as far as his up-b goes just work on your spacing. Your knee should outright beat it if spaced properly.

This is something you can work on alone as the cpu snake never goes for the ledge. Get used to hitting your aerials near the edge of your hitbox.

Also work on hitting your aerials on the last frame before you land. again you'll have to compare frame data but it will give him stricter timing to up-b out of shield.

saladtossfalcon

Smash Rookie
I don't play falcon much so the intricacies allude me but as far as his up-b goes just work on your spacing. Your knee should outright beat it if spaced properly.

This is something you can work on alone as the cpu snake never goes for the ledge. Get used to hitting your aerials near the edge of your hitbox.

Also work on hitting your aerials on the last frame before you land. again you'll have to compare frame data but it will give him stricter timing to up-b out of shield.
Thanks, I've had a difficult time spacing aerials, I'm going to practice that.

Top Bottom