• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with running Project M on dolphin

Super Lame Kirby

Smash Rookie
First point of help: you shouldnt be building a project M iso - thats a very old method of playing and the tech has improved vastly since then.

https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/2777/project-m-3-6-sd-v4-bigger-better-faster

Use this: yes it's for netplay, but you can still play locally. the added bonus is, if you intend to play online you'll need this anyway.
Thanks, This works well for Pm and I had no idea that Iso building was outdated. However mods pf PM (One I am currently making) doesn't run so is there anything I can do to make pm mods run?

Narpas_sword

NOTE: a custom modification of the netplay build will cause you to desunch if you attemp to play with someone using the default build. both players on netplay MUST have the same SD.raw

That said:

dolphin runs project m from a virtual SD (sd.raw) - you should be able to find this in the dolphin files easily enough.
you can make modifications to that file for a custom build of PM, this works the same as modding for a wii build.

gonna paste something from SOJ SOJ on the PM discord here for instruction you how to make changes to the sd.raw

"first download ImDisk https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/ Navigate to your dolphin folder and find the sd.raw file you want to modify inside Dolphin/User/Wii/ Copy and paste to make a backup of that file Now after installing IMDisk, open it up and click on Mount new. Find the sd.raw you want to modify and make sure the settings match this:(edited)

SourceForge
ImDisk Toolkit
Download ImDisk Toolkit for free. Ramdisk for Windows and mounting of image files. This tool will let you mount image files of hard drive, cd-rom or floppy, and create one or several ramdisks with various parameters. This all-in-one package includes the ImDisk Virtual Disk Dr...

double click on the drive and treat it like a normal SD card

when you're done, right click on the drive and click Eject"

Last edited:

Super Lame Kirby

Smash Rookie
NOTE: a custom modification of the netplay build will cause you to desunch if you attemp to play with someone using the default build. both players on netplay MUST have the same SD.raw

That said:

dolphin runs project m from a virtual SD (sd.raw) - you should be able to find this in the dolphin files easily enough.
you can make modifications to that file for a custom build of PM, this works the same as modding for a wii build.

gonna paste something from SOJ SOJ on the PM discord here for instruction you how to make changes to the sd.raw

"first download ImDisk https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/ Navigate to your dolphin folder and find the sd.raw file you want to modify inside Dolphin/User/Wii/ Copy and paste to make a backup of that file Now after installing IMDisk, open it up and click on Mount new. Find the sd.raw you want to modify and make sure the settings match this:(edited)

SourceForge
ImDisk Toolkit
Download ImDisk Toolkit for free. Ramdisk for Windows and mounting of image files. This tool will let you mount image files of hard drive, cd-rom or floppy, and create one or several ramdisks with various parameters. This all-in-one package includes the ImDisk Virtual Disk Dr...

double click on the drive and treat it like a normal SD card

when you're done, right click on the drive and click Eject"
Thank you so much! This actually worked and now I don't have to make ISO's for my mod anymore. I really can't thank you enough.

Top Bottom