• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with reverse b-fish after moves

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
Hello. As the title suggests, I have some difficulties reversing the bouncing fish after certain moves. The moves i am speaking of are the backair into bouncing fish conversion and f-tilt - perfect pivot up-tilt into reverse bouncing fish.(sometimes the up-tilt sends the opponents backwards.) In all other situations i can reverse the bouncing fish without any problems but after these moves often times the grenade comes out for me or just a regular b-fish. And funnily enough its not like I am doing anything differently, the angle at which I am holding the control stick or rather the way I try to reverse it is the exact same as in all other situations when i reverse b-fish. Also if I dont try to buffer the reverse b-fish i have a bit more success so it could be because of that but i was hoping if someone here could clarify or give me some tips. Thanks in advance!

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Seems to be a rather strange problem, but I guess due to inputting a "back" input before you probably buffered a second one or so which leads to the grenade. You could try to make shoryuken inputs if that makes sense (as in back for the bair then a full down and full back again), might need some time to get used to but could help.

What would be intresting is if you use the Cstick or controlstick+A to perform the aerial / utilt. If you dont use it already, you should also try using cstick for these. Or if you dont use it you could even switch to special stick as its super great for precise inputs in such situations

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
thanks for your answer, even though it came so late I am still glad u answered haha. And yes the problem was that I didnt wait long enough before doing the input so what ended up happening is that only the back input was buffered and not down and back. Btw does nobody nowadays use smashboards anymore? It seems like everything has gone over to Discord or am I wrong?

Top Bottom