• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Ness's hardest matchups

fleepy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FLIP#714
Hello,
I'll just post here with my thoughts on how to overcome Ness's hardest matchups, but I know I don't have a complete knowledge of them. Can people help me figure out what I need to do for certain matchups? Thanks
:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:: I've asked multiple top players in my region, and I've basically been told to camp with PK Fire. Marthcina always up-b's out of PK Fire, so it's really easy to punish that. As for recovering, I like to pick stages like PS2 and Town since I can usually just recover with airdodge.
:ultpalutena:: Honestly pretty stumped. I'd say try to call out and absorb projectiles in neutral, but after a while they'll stop doing that. I mostly just try to shield their shorthop fair/bair approaches and then nair OOS. I need help on this one.
:ultshulk:: A mix between the two above; most Shulks I've played like to approach with fast shorthop nairs/fairs, which I do my best to snuff out, but also camp with PK Fire/Thunder since the sword is huge.
:ultgnw:: With this matchup, I play mostly bait-and-punish since GnW's love to approach with nairs/fairs. They also tend to do multiple downsmashes in a row, so I just punish by throwing out a PK Fire and going for something before they can Bucket it.
:ultzss:: I have hardly played any ZSS's at all, so I really need help with this one. I know they love to flip kick around the stage and will fish for zairs/side-b's but that's about it.

Top Bottom