• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Help with Ness' Hidden Attributes

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Hello, Melee Workshop!

I usually try to find these things myself, but I believe my best choice now is to make an exception.

I am trying to find these values and apply these changes to Ness:

• PK Fire hitbox rehit rate
  • PK Fire pillar hurtbox
  • Yo-Yo charge lock physics (how far Ness can be from a ledge before the charge hitbox refuses to appear)
  • Give F-Throw and B-Throw, maybe Up-Throw as well a collateral hitbox (when Ness is spinning his opponent with PSI)
  • PK Thunder 2 ledge grab physics (make it so he can grab ledges at the end of PKT2 from any direction without bouncing off a surface, like Fox, Yoshi, Link or Captain Falcon)
  • SpecialAirHiHold/SpecialAirLwHold ledge cancel

I have just recently started getting the hang of Hex editing, after discovering that there are no better tools to edit certain aspects of the game. One of them is a shortcoming of CrazyHand v1.31, which is being unable to read certain hitboxes entirely. The one I am talking about specifically is the inaccessible second hitbox on the PK Fire pillar. It is above the bottom hitbox, has a radius of 800 units and sits at Y=2400; it messes with Weight-Dependent Set Knockback and regular Set Knockback because it has priority. It would come just after the only "PK Fire(Fire pillar) entry in the "Projectiles" tab, but CrazyHand doesn't read it. If anyone wants it, its corresponding Hex string is 2C 80 00 02 03 20 00 00 09 60 00 00 2E 8C 80 00 0C 04 00 23.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom