• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With Moves

Schizophrenia

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing sheik for about a week, and one thing i still am having problems with using the A button for moves, and not smashing. It seems like when I want to forward tilt/up tilt etc. I always end up smashing. I've tried pressing the A button quick, as if i was trying to short jump, but for some reason if I try to chain ftilts I end up Forward smashing. Any way to practice this and not just hoping on luck?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
You can press A as hard as you want.
But what really matters is the position of your Analog Stick when you press A.

in picture number 6 from the top you can see the specifics

Pauer

The Pauerful
You can also "buffer" the direction to tilt by inputting the direction during some sort of lag like an attack, landing lag or during your wavedash and pressing A after it's over so you don't have to do the precise input.

Of course this isn't possible for all situations in which you may want to tilt so as a player you want to be able to do it the precise way.
Still this can be used during combos to instantly do tilts after an attack and act as a reliable way until you can do the input consistently.
I think this "buffering" is worth practicing because you should be able to get results quickly since you don't have to learn new muscle memory.

Also it acts as a stepping stone to learn to DI in neutral:
For the case you might get hit when doing a move, good players will input DI during that time. In air you want to be able to move around as much as possible though which is why optimally you want to make educated assumptions about when and with what you may be hit with to DI a minimal amount of time. This is why it requires a lot of understanding and experience to do effectively but it's something you want to start doing or have in the back of your mind - especially at high percents this might come to you more intuitively.

$alsa

Smash Cadet
NNID
itzall1848
You basically just need to press the analogue stick half way to do a tilt.
And you can just hold it in place to do a tilt repeatedly.

Top Bottom