• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with making Kirby's throws inescapable?

kirbyfanultrab

Smash Rookie
Recently, I've been trying to get into melee modding, but i have a slight obstacle- i want to fix kirby's fthrow and bthrow, but i have no idea how to prevent the foe from being able to escape it in the first place. If it helps, i am using the latest version of Crazy Hand.

The Cape

Smash Master
I opened PiCo.dat with a hex editor and replaced this:

PiCo.dat:
Kirby throws escape:
0xA3A8 : CB189680

Cjag

Smash Cadet
um, i don't know where that is. where is 0xA3A8?
The Cape said that he found that offset inside the PlCo.dat file, which is located inside the iso. You have to open the game's files, extract that file, and open the file with a Hex Editing Program (such as HxD). Once you've done that, find the offset 0xA3A8 and you'll find some numbers. Replace those numbers with the one The Cape specified and that's it. =)

If you want to know more stuff about hacking, you can find all sorts of guides and programs in this thread that'll help. (or is it a post? I dunno.)

https://smashboards.com/threads/melee-hacks-and-you-new-hackers-start-here-in-the-op.247119/

Last edited:

CaptainRedMan

Smash Rookie
i tried finding 0xA3A8 on HxD but i cannot find it, is there a specific value or is it A3A0?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
i tried finding 0xA3A8 on HxD but i cannot find it, is there a specific value or is it A3A0?
A3A8 is in the A3A0 offset. The eight on A3A8 just means it's 8 bytes into that offset. You'd have to replace this:
upload_2018-5-10_16-42-26.png

with the values The Cape gave you.

ManjitouYoshimitsu

Smash Rookie
A3A8 is in the A3A0 offset. The eight on A3A8 just means it's 8 bytes into that offset. You'd have to replace this:View attachment 143638

with the values The Cape gave you.
Sooo... one problem. That wasn't what I got. (the values were 38 03 01 00 in case it's too small to read)
Is there something else I'm supposed to do or do I just have to look somewhere else?
(this version of Melee is one I'm editing using Crazy Hand)

Top Bottom