• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with L-Canceling

Shastalol

Smash Rookie
I know this is kind of a nooby thing to need help with, but because of how vertically challenged puff is, i have trouble L-Canceling my aerials. I know it can be done, I am just having serious trouble with it.

If help on this already exists, please link me to it, it would be much apreciated!

ReimuHakureiTV

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReimuHakureiTV
I really suggest grabbing the 20XX training pack (Or even the Tournament edition save file) and turning on the L-cancel flash. Specifically the flash for when you miss an L-cancel since that's easier to see. It really helps with knowing how you're timing your L-cancels and how to adjust.

Another thing to do would be to practice against a Level-1 Bowser with his handicap set to 9, and just train L-cancelling on that. 20XX really helps here too because you can set the AI to just keep their shield up the whole time.

Last edited:

Shastalol

Smash Rookie
I really suggest grabbing the 20XX training pack (Or even the Tournament edition save file) and turning on the L-cancel flash. Specifically the flash for when you miss an L-cancel since that's easier to see. It really helps with knowing how you're timing your L-cancels and how to adjust.

Another thing to do would be to practice against a Level-1 Bowser with his handicap set to 9, and just train L-cancelling on that. 20XX really helps here too because you can set the AI to just keep their shield up the whole time.
I have 20XX Tournament edition, but not training pack. Is the training pack on their website?

rivers

Smash Cadet
Yeah 20XX Hack Pack is the way to go for this. Don't feel too discouraged. And remember to practice hitting nothing, hitting shield, and hitting the opponent, since while the timing for the L-cancel is always at least seven frames, the time it takes to be in that position changes depending on what you're hitting.

Top Bottom