• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Ground-to-Air Momentum

marievpyre

Smash Rookie
I've been developing a mod of Project+ that gives every character proper platformer physics, but I hit a roadblock. The Ice Climbers, Sheik, Jigglypuff, and Wario all refuse to recognize any changes made to their ground-to-air momentum, which is a humongous problem for Ice Climbers in particular. Any ideas?

marievpyre

Smash Rookie
Edit: Since no one responded, I'll just post what I have done and am able to do on my own. The SD.RAW will be below.
sd.raw

marievpyre

Smash Rookie
I have developed an updated and vastly improved version of the mod. It'll be linked below as well. I've fixed every character's momentum but the Ice Climbers, which I can't figure out.
sd.raw

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been developing a mod of Project+ that gives every character proper platformer physics, but I hit a roadblock. The Ice Climbers, Sheik, Jigglypuff, and Wario all refuse to recognize any changes made to their ground-to-air momentum, which is a humongous problem for Ice Climbers in particular. Any ideas?
I'm not aware of anything specific about those characters that results in an error with air to ground momentum transferring. They do have decently high air friction, so they'd decelerate if player isn't holding forward, but others have more.
Check the "Misc" tab for the attributes, which may have changed in Project + depending on the character.
Here are some attributes that may be relevant to you:
0x034 Jump H Initial Velocity - This is the velocity you get when going airborne from a jump while holding a direction.
0x03C Ground to Air Jump Momentum Multiplier - Multiplier applied to any existing grounded speed that remains through jumpsquat (e.g. wavedash or running speed)
0x040 Jump H Maximum Velocity - Max horizontal velocity while entering the air state after jumping. If Current Speed * Ground to Air Jump Momentum Multiplier > this value, velocity is set to this value, because it can't exceed this.
0x07C Maximum H Air Speed - Max speed while airborne; if you're going faster than this (e.g. from a running jump), characters decelerate to this value over multiple frames per their Air Friction.

The attributes can be seen & modified by opening character files in PSA-Compressor. Perhaps you're trying to increase the Ground to Air Jump Momentum Multiplier, but they are already reaching their Jump H Maximum Velocity so it has no effect.

Top Bottom