• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Character Select screen BG

iRJi

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I have looked everywhere for the answer to my question, and could not find it. So for my last act, I have made a thread to ask this question:

How do you replace the background wallpaper of the character select screen? I want to make my own wallpaper for it, but idk how to go about doing this.

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated =].

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
1) Either download an already customized CSS (Click this and scroll and find what CSS you want) and replace the current BG on BrawlBox (Open "sc_selcharacter.pac" -> MiscData[30] -> Textures -> scroll down and find MenSelchrFaceB.001)

2) If you're not lazy, download this and follow the text document instructions. It'll tell you everything how to change the BG for CSS and SSS, and even animate it.

iRJi

Smash Champion
1) Either download an already customized CSS (Click this and scroll and find what CSS you want) and replace the current BG on BrawlBox (Open "sc_selcharacter.pac" -> MiscData[30] -> Textures -> scroll down and find MenSelchrFaceB.001)

2) If you're not lazy, download this and follow the text document instructions. It'll tell you everything how to change the BG for CSS and SSS, and even animate it.
Thanks.

I have another issue now. When I change the wallpaper, the colors when it loads into the game become very distorted. I have tried different sizes for the wallpaper, but it still does not help. Does Anyone know how to fix this problem?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Is the background animated?

And the wallpaper size muststay at 256x320 btw. If it's over than the current pixels it's using, Brawl will freeze/crash. Also, if you're replacing the image you want, the format should stay at C18 as well.

Top Bottom