• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Bayonetta

WhiteCrow0

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Bayo mains , I've been using this beautiful character since release however I do feel like I need some outside input as to how I can improve my gameplay. Any constructive criticism is highly appreciated , thank you .

https://youtu.be/plvTURNcQmM

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Eh... this post is just you lowkey trying to show off your Bayo that you think is good. All I see is some dude beating up on a way lower leveled player. If you want real advice, post some sets of you losing to a player of your skill level or slightly above your level.

Although some things I noticed:

1. Your A move combos aren't bad. But some of those wouldn't work on a competent player
  2. Your special move combos are terrible. Every single time you did the extended witch twist (notice the pink bullets under your feet when you do them). This causes you to have more endlag on the move making it harder to combo out of. Just tap the B button and you'll get the less laggy version (you'll see no pink bullets).
  3. Your neutral needs work, but it's hard to say what needs work exactly because you played a bad player or one that's a way lower level than you.
  4. Stop recovering high above the stage with side B

Last edited:

WhiteCrow0

Smash Rookie
Eh... this post is just you lowkey trying to show off your Bayo that you think is good. All I see is some dude beating up on a way lower leveled player. If you want real advice, post some sets of you losing to a player of your skill level or slightly above your level.

Although some things I noticed:

1. Your A move combos aren't bad. But some of those wouldn't work on a competent player
  2. Your special move combos are terrible. Every single time you did the extended witch twist (notice the pink bullets under your feet when you do them). This causes you to have more endlag on the move making it harder to combo out of. Just tap the B button and you'll get the less laggy version (you'll see no pink bullets).
  3. Your neutral needs work, but it's hard to say what needs work exactly because you played a bad player or one that's a way lower level than you.
  4. Stop recovering high above the stage with side B
I posted this since , as you can see that's my only video and I'm completely aware I need improvement. Thank you very much for the tips , I'll definitely work on what you said.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Pretty decent, but I wouldn't HS on someone you don't know is gonna get hit by it even as a mixup. You also arguably played too aggressive considering that Roy doesn't have a projectile. Be careful of using BA nair in the neutral, it's not actually super safe and extends your hurtbox. Nice neutral, but it's obvious this player was far inferior to you, it really wasn't a fair fight.

Top Bottom