• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with a Smash Problem, please

TheRetepV

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I have an issue with playing Smash 4. I don’t live in an area with a high concentration of players. And until recently, the only person I could play with was myself. Then I met my fiancé and learned he was into Smash as well, so we started playing together. However, it’s been almost 3 years, and while my game has improved considerably I still can’t beat him, or at best beat him beyond flukes. Hell, he’ll even play with characters he doesn’t know and beat me just to prove it’s not the character. And because of this constant lossing, I tend to get very...upset. And vocal. And I’m pretty sure it makes him unhappy when I ultimately go there. And I know the regular mantras of “it’s just a game” and “what’s most important is fun,” but when you invest so much of yourself into a game just to be crushed so handedly for so long by one person, it gets demoralizing. It’s be one thing if it was an almost even spread (40/60, 50/50) but it’s not even close (5/95,10/90). I need to find a way to at least not lose my mind whenever I play him, but I can’t seem to let go of my expectations very well. And I don’t want to stop playing because it’s something we bond over, and how we initially came together. If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome. I want to work through this problem.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Have you tried playing Team Battle with him? You both could be on the same team and fight against either CPUs or real human players on Team For Glory. By fighting alongside him, you'll further improve at the game and at your characters, learn more about his playstyle, and won't lose as often. 2v2s can be real fun sometimes, so don't knock it 'till you try it.

Top Bottom