• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with 20XX hack pack?

LostMyCat

Smash Rookie
So I'm kinda new to the Melee scene and I've been searching around almost everywhere but all videos seem to be outdated. Can anyone guide me through how to install the hack pack so I can use the training mode?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Have you looked at the guide-section in the official 20XX thread? It's in the melee-workshop section of the forum, just Google it.

LostMyCat

Smash Rookie
Have you looked at the guide-section in the official 20XX thread? It's in the melee-workshop section of the forum, just Google it.
Um sorry for the inconvenience but idk why I can't find the thread, can I get a link? It would be much appreciated, and I also tried to install many different methods of getting the 20XX pack from a 20XX creator and also the original thread with the download, but all I get is the 20XXte version, I'm assuming there's an extra step I'm missing here?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Sure, here's the thread link. Ctrl+f and enter "GUIDES" if you feel lost.
I sent you a link to two of my already assembled 20xx roms, though the newest version, 4.05 isnt one of them.

LostMyCat

Smash Rookie
Sure, here's the thread link. Ctrl+f and enter "GUIDES" if you feel lost.
I sent you a link to two of my already assembled 20xx roms, though the newest version, 4.05 isnt one of them.
Alright, as it seems I was just being stupid, I already had the hack pack but was just too stoop to think to go and look for the debug mode, however in v4.05 it seems to have changed, should I use a past version? And if so, what settings am I supposed to set it to? At the moment the cpu starts attacking me at the start of the game instead of standing still and letting me perform combos etc. on it, and to clarify, it is indeed on the P2 slot.

EDIT: I realize that both 20XX hack packs have their ups and downs, but I'd rather ask another question, is disabling tap jump worth it? I feel like doing this will just result in bad habits if (hopefully) I try out going to tournaments in the future

Last edited:

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
Alright, as it seems I was just being stupid, I already had the hack pack but was just too stoop to think to go and look for the debug mode, however in v4.05 it seems to have changed, should I use a past version? And if so, what settings am I supposed to set it to? At the moment the cpu starts attacking me at the start of the game instead of standing still and letting me perform combos etc. on it, and to clarify, it is indeed on the P2 slot.

EDIT: I realize that both 20XX hack packs have their ups and downs, but I'd rather ask another question, is disabling tap jump worth it? I feel like doing this will just result in bad habits if (hopefully) I try out going to tournaments in the future

Alright. As I understand it, you have it working now? I will answer your questions in two parts, one for each hack.

20XX Hack pack:
To find debug, go to versus-> debug. You can change settings there. If you mean the actual debug menu that was left in the game where you can start matches with 5 players and special characters, then, yeah, I couldn't find that either.
Go to training mode for the cpu to stand still.
I cannot answer the tap jump question for you. It is personal preference if you use stick jump or not. Regardless, if you go to a tourney, you cannot turn it off if you are using vanilla melee.

20XXTE:
This was made to be run on and distributed for the GameCube. This has many of the same training features, and an amazing replay system, while 20XX hack pack is a bunch of hacks that may or may not help you train. It can be run only on Wii or dolphin (although you can hack your GameCube to run the iso).

I finally figured out how to install both recently. If you need any more help, you can ask us!

LostMyCat

Smash Rookie
Alright. As I understand it, you have it working now? I will answer your questions in two parts, one for each hack.

20XX Hack pack:
To find debug, go to versus-> debug. You can change settings there. If you mean the actual debug menu that was left in the game where you can start matches with 5 players and special characters, then, yeah, I couldn't find that either.
Go to training mode for the cpu to stand still.
I cannot answer the tap jump question for you. It is personal preference if you use stick jump or not. Regardless, if you go to a tourney, you cannot turn it off if you are using vanilla melee.

20XXTE:
This was made to be run on and distributed for the GameCube. This has many of the same training features, and an amazing replay system, while 20XX hack pack is a bunch of hacks that may or may not help you train. It can be run only on Wii or dolphin (although you can hack your GameCube to run the iso).

I finally figured out how to install both recently. If you need any more help, you can ask us!
Yeah, I got it all working now, only needed input on tap jump and stuff. I appreciate all the help you guys have given me :3
So basically the reason I couldn't get to it is that by default it boots to the character selection menu and for some reason I thought that you couldn't go back to other menus because instead of back it said "Version X" or whatever, so this is just in case someone is as dumb as me. (you also have to select a character before going back as well)

Last edited:
Top Bottom