• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help w Lucina vs Mega Man MU

BEZELGA

Smash Rookie
Im a Mega Man main unranked and tomorrow in the morning i will play against one the better players in my province that uses Lucina. Please help. My idea is to run constantly and spam but I dont feel thats the way to go.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
That is actually 100% the way to go. Lucina is worse at approaching than she is at stopping approaches, and since you have projectiles and she doesn't you're likely going to get the lead early on, thereby forcing approaches.

Lucina is going to try to keep you in tipper range where she can punish any of your ranged options, while also staying away from your zone breakers. The best way to go about it is to keep lucina away from you for as long as possible, and if she closes in, use your movement to either get away or put her in a range where you can zone break her and reset the situation. Mix up how you deal with the pressure, if you take the aggressive option every time or the defensive option every time you'll get picked apart.

Worst case, if it's a smart lucina, she gets the lead and camps you out, and god knows megaman can't approach. At that point, it may just be over unless your opponent messes up, make it your mission to never be put in that position.

Last edited:
Top Bottom